South Jersey/Philly meetup: PhilCon Nov 9 -11(Cherry Hill, NJ)

The folks from KC and Orlando were great. It was a pleasure to meet them, and the roving Mead Men. :cheers:

I enjoyed PhilCon. Was a little disappointed that the panelists on the ASOIAF fan theories panel were a bit uninformed, but they had great things to say about our forum and the BWB. :D

I missed most of the Zombie Apocalypse panels, but I feel pretty confident in my level of preparedness. The "Reinventing the Vampire" panel was good fun, as were the Star Wars and Potter retrospective panels. Could have done without the panelists knocking on Hufflepuff house, though.

We Hufflepuffs get no respect... :rolleyes:

It was a lot of fun and I'd definitely go next year.

Had a blast hanging with you, Lany. I hope we can get together again soon.

It was a nice con, and I would recommend it for people who want to get their feet wet. It was more about SciFi than fantasy, but that was ok. ;)

I had two major issues with the running of the con: the first activities Saturday morning started at 9:00am, and the panels started at 10, but the registration desk was totally disorganized. I got there at 9:05 and there were about 6 or 7 people in line in front of me, not too bad. but they were not ready to check anyone in. They said that the guy with the credit card scanner wouldn't be there until 9:30, and at 9:40 they finally realized they can process people who preregistered.

My second issue was with the write upon the ASOIAF speculation panel on Sunday. They did not put in the write up that there would be spoilers and several people showed up who had only seen the TV show, and we all did the right thing and avoided any mention of most things after the second book, which left very little to talk about. If the spoiler warning had been posted, then we could have discussed some much cooler things.

All in all, it was a very good con and I had a great time.

Archived