Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

I am most looking forward to a quest into the land of always winter undertaken by an unlikely hero to defeat the great other.

biggest cliffhangers from adwd for me:

what's going to happen with Jon, Dany, Arya, ,Bran, Stannis, Davos, Sansa, Jaime and Breinne, Theon's pov is always interesting.

1. Bran, the Three-Eyed Crow, The Children of the Forest, and greensight. I was extremely disappointed by the dearth of Bran chapters in the last book, considering they were the most exciting to me.

2. Jon, whether or not he is permanently dead, and seeing what happens with the Night's Watch in its relations to the wildlings and to the huge new batch of wights from Hardhome.

3. Davos and Rickon at Skagos.

4. Samwell at the Citadel.

5. Littlefinger, Sansa, and a potential end to the Vale's isolationist politics.

6. Arya becoming relevant to the plot again.

7. Lady Stoneheart, Tom o' Sevens, and revenge for the Red Wedding.

I really don't care about anything that happens in Slaver's Bay. Dany's chapters have always bored me, I dislike her character, and the Meereenese power struggle has been far too slow to warrant a reevaluation of my opinions about the primary Essosian storyline.

King's Landing politics seem to have calmed down and I don't think that much that goes on there will have much of an impact on the game of thrones. I don't expect any surprises as far as the Queens' trials go, and Tommen's council has been effectively stripped of all competence, thanks largely to Varys.

The number one story has got to be Jon, and then what happens in the North. Whether the whole Stannis - Manderly allegiance will work out and if Stannis will be accepted by the Northernmen. I'm still not sure if I see a good ending for Stannis.

Along with the whole North storyline the hooded man being revealed is at the top of my list.

and who's not a fan of anything Tyrion?

I am mostly looking forwards to Sansa and Samwell's POV chapters. It feels like an eternity since we've read about them and the shinanigans they are going through.

In all honesty though, I am excited for everything. ADWD left off right before everything was about to explode. TWOW is going to be awesome!

Jon, of course, like almost everyone else.

Sam, and what happens with Marwyn and the real agenda/history/whatever of the Oldtown Maesters.

Jamie - his character development is second only to Jon's, I think, in interesting development.

The wolves - especially Arya's wolf and the "great pack." I loved Arya in the earlier books but am bored with her since she went to the FM. (I admit to having been much more distressed at the deaths of the two wolves than of any character.)

The Dragons! I hope Dany becomes intersting again - I I really enjoyed her early story line but have become utterly disinterested in her since she got to Mereen (?) and slogged through those chapters just so I wouldn't miss anything critical to the overall plot. But the Dragons are always interesting.

I also like Davos very much, and have always enjoyed his chapters.

.... story line that I desperately hope is minor: the Ironborn. We all have our favorites and our not-favorites, and I'd be perfectly happy if they all went to live with their Drowned God. (my heart sank when I read in that one update that GRRM wanted the attendees to choose the Ironborn chapter - whichever of their characters I can't remember because they all totally bore me. I thought, "Oh Noes! Please don't let that be a portent!"

-Dany's dragons! And whatever is up with Khal Jhoqo

-Sansa and Littlefinger at the Vale

-Tyrion and Victarion? I really don't know where Tyrion's story is going at this point...

-Jon Snow's "death"

-Aegon/Jon Connington and whatever the Martells are cooking up

#1 -need to know if my Jon is still alive, I hope so but I really don't want him to come back as an unjon.

#2 the citadel- I really wanna know what's been going on there and if same has learned anything we don't yet know.

#3 Coldhands - will be find out who is/was

#4 Bloodraven- I don't know why but I feel he has an alterier motive ,he just gives me the creeps for some reason.

#5 Rickon- has Davos found him and will he be reunited with his remaining siblings.

#6 Bran- excited to see what new abilities he might have gained or what he may have seen.

Jon. And what happens in the North - Wall, wildlings, Others.

Jamie. And Brienne.

I want to see Daenerys take action. And I want to know what becomes of the dragons!

I want to know what becomes of Winterfell.

Direwolves.

And I want Ramsay Bolton to get what's coming to him.

The most anticipated storyline for me revolves around Winterfell and what has happened there:

- What exactly occured after Theon escaped?

- Will Stannis execute Theon at the wierwood tree?

- Who will win the battle of the lakes?

- What role will Lady Dustin play in the proceedings?

- How much truth is contained in the Pink Letter?

Followed shortly after that would be Cersei's trial in King's Landing and the fallout of Jaime being captured by Brienne and the Brotherhood without Banners.

Also, out of interest, what did you think was the most boring storyline-or least anticipated in ADWD. I understand many people will say Meereen, but things are probably about to get really exciting there.

I personally found Bran's POV quite boring. On the first read through I just couldn't really get into the characters or plots. I'm interested to see where GRRM is going with it, because if Bran had stayed south of the wall, ADWD would have been very very different. I just hope that he doesn't stretch 'warging' plots too far.

As for most anticipated I would probably have to say the imminent battle between Stannis and Roose, and what happens to Theon. Cersei's Trial and the Meereen conflict.

I can't believe how different people are!

I personally love bran and arya's parallel storylines.

I also love dany finding herself as she wanders the dothraki sea.

I am curious what is happening with jon and wether he is being reforged as lightbringer or if he is a gonner.

I want to see if uncat uses jamie to take out the frey's

I want to know if davos is actually traveling to skagos. And how he'll rescue rickon.

I want to know sansa's direction after a feast for crows and how she reacted to her new engagement.

I hate sam's POV but its important to know the goings on of the citadel and alleras.

Euron crow's eye interests me quite a bit. I love a pirate king.

Theon is basically gollum now. So either he needs a fine death or redemption.

What's going to happen in the battle of mereen and the ironborn naval attack.

I'm also pumped that winter has finally come and the extreme and gruesome events that will come with it. More cannibalism and more ice.

Archived