Singer POV

KronetHjort

What are the chances that we could get a Singer as Pov character. There is still much and more we don't understand about the singers. I personal feel that a pov character would really open up they mythos. Even a prologue chapter do much and more for our understanding of their world.

Thoughts?

GRRM himself told that there won't be more POVs in the next books.

There are still prologues and epilogues though it is not certain there will be either of them in the TWoW (probably just a prologue).

Anyway, every character from prologues and epilogues died so far, and a COTF POV would be too spoilerish...

Moreover, GRRM uses to have prologues told by perspective of maesters (or semi-maesters) down south or by random people north of the Wall. These chapters alternate each other and for TWOW it's the turn of a southern maester.

It is possible, but I'm going to say it's not probable.

GRRM himself told that there won't be more POVs in the next books.

There are still prologues and epilogues though it is not certain there will be either of them in the TWoW (probably just a prologue).

Anyway, every character from prologues and epilogues died so far, and a COTF POV would be too spoilerish...

Moreover, GRRM uses to have prologues told by perspective of maesters (or semi-maesters) down south or by random people north of the Wall. These chapters alternate each other and for TWOW it's the turn of a southern maester.

It is possible, but I'm going to say it's not probable.

I think, from what I've seen on some of the other threads, that GRRM might have said that we won't have any new POVs who we haven't already met, rather than there being no more. Not saying you're wrong, but that is what I've heard other people say. I don't think I've seen the original GRRM quote myself.

As to the singer, I would think it unlikely. Only one has had any sory of impact on the story and he is dead. Having said that, if there will be new POVs by existing characters, you might consider that "Abel" is a singer...

I think, from what I've seen on some of the other threads, that GRRM might have said that we won't have any new POVs who we haven't already met, rather than there being no more. Not saying you're wrong, but that is what I've heard other people say. I don't think I've seen the original GRRM quote myself.

As to the singer, I would think it unlikely. Only one has had any sory of impact on the story and he is dead. Having said that, if there will be new POVs by existing characters, you might consider that "Abel" is a singer...

Yes I think you are right. He also wasn't going to use Selmy as POV, but found that he had to use him to "untie the Mareen knot" He has also said that he is going to kill off some of the POV's he has now, so IMO he may find another knot somewhere and make a new POV.

OP- We know 4 singers (Tom, Mance, Marillion, and Dareon) and 2 are now dead, so I hope not. I would think that if a singer was used it would be a prologue, and I like both Tom and Mance.

OP- We know 4 singers (Tom, Mance, Marillion, and Dareon) and 2 are now dead, so I hope not. I would think that if a singer was used it would be a prologue, and I like both Tom and Mance.

Her... I think that "singer" was another way to say "Child of the Forest"......

Her... I think that "singer" was another way to say "Child of the Forest"......

That would make more sense. :P

If so then I think that is is highly unlikely; all it would do is duplicate a POV character in the same location and spoil some of the mystery. The prologue pattern is pretty convincing too, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

AGOT- Beyond The Wall

ACOK- A Maester

ASOS- Beyond The Wall

AFFC- Maester in Training

ADWD- Beyond The Wall

Sooooo. TWOW? i'll put my money on a maester...

You're looking for a pattern where there doesn't need to be one. I think it's just coincidence, how would a pattern like this ever contribute to the story?

You're looking for a pattern where there doesn't need to be one. I think it's just coincidence, how would a pattern like this ever contribute to the story?

Yeah to be honest I never noticed the pattern, but I don't think it is something that he's going to follow. All we know is that the prologues are used to set up some part of the story of that particular book. If anything (from the pattern) I think he would go back north of the wall, to set up the long awaited attack of the Others (although who knows, that might be a Dream of Spring).

As to the OP question, we know Tom of Sevens is in Riverrun, and i'm sure he'll cause some mischief, but I don't seem him dieing at the very start of the book.

There is a very popular theory revolving around some sort of massive Citadel conspiracy, however vague it may be at this point. Personally, I certainly haven't ruled it out. It has more than two legs to stand on, that's for sure.

As to the OP question, we know Tom of Sevens is in Riverrun, and i'm sure he'll cause some mischief, but I don't seem him dieing at the very start of the book.

The OP is not referring to a human singer like Tom 'O Seven... he's speaking about a Children of the Forest.

• 4 weeks later...

What are the chances that we could get a Singer as Pov character. There is still much and more we don't understand about the singers. I personal feel that a pov character would really open up they mythos. Even a prologue chapter do much and more for our understanding of their world.

Thoughts?

what can you not understand about it?

Archived