College Football 2012 II - The Rematch

Greywolf2375

Hugely anticipating that game as well as UF at aTm.

Last week's performance by the Gators has me really worried for this season. I was hoping for lots of changes, but the game against Bowling Green was pretty much the same old shit as last year. I pray Muschamp truly did limit what plays Pease could call. If not, we are in deep shit. Gillislee looked great, but the offensive line couldn't even handle Bowling Green's defensive line which is frightening with LSU coming up next month. Driskel has potential, but he has to be able to hit the receivers when they are open. Cutting down on the penalties would be a huge help. I think aTm not playing last week is a big plus for the Gators. This week we knew what had to be improved while aTm doesn't know what their problems are yet.

Last week's performance by the Gators has me really worried for this season. I was hoping for lots of changes, but the game against Bowling Green was pretty much the same old shit as last year. I pray Muschamp truly did limit what plays Pease could call. If not, we are in deep shit. Gillislee looked great, but the offensive line couldn't even handle Bowling Green's defensive line which is frightening with LSU coming up next month. Driskel has potential, but he has to be able to hit the receivers when they are open. Cutting down on the penalties would be a huge help. I think aTm not playing last week is a big plus for the Gators. This week we knew what had to be improved while aTm doesn't know what their problems are yet.

Muschamp just doesn't strike me as head coach material. Case in point - it's highly questionable what business he had limiting Pease's playcalling at all. I understand not wanting to show your hand too early (although I think it's an overblown notion), but I'm sure you'll agree that the vanilla offense helped make that game way too close for comfort. Not to mention it sets a bad precedent when the head coach (a defensive guy, at that) meddles with his new, hot commodity OC's gameplan in the first game of the season. Muschamp's mentor Saban is known for that sort of thing, but then he's also Nick fucking Saban so he's earned that kind of authority.

jesus. defensively, i'm happy. we've made huge strides from last year. but kiehl is done. i'm not understanding why he is still in the game. backup is hurt but just move to 3rd string. our running game i feel pretty good about but when the D knows that its coming every play there isn't a lot you can do.

props to mullen and state. they are playing even keel football and just waiting on kiehl to make bad decisions. smart football, imo

Wow, I'm not surprised State won that game but I'm shocked at how poorly Auburn played on both sides of the ball.

jesus. defensively, i'm happy. we've made huge strides from last year.

Nice optimism considering Russell still had a career day and State moved up and down the field pretty much at will. Admittedly, if AU hadn't stopped them so often on third down the score could have been much worse.

Last second FG attempt to win or lose for PSU w/ a kicker who's 1/3 on FG today....

ETA: Shanked it. Much as I am rooting against PSU, I hate when that happens to a kicker.

Last second FG attempt to win or lose for PSU w/ a kicker who's 1/3 on FG today....

ETA: Shanked it. Much as I am rooting against PSU, I hate when that happens to a kicker.

was going to say the same. ended 1/4 fg & a missed PAT...to lose by one.

why is the SC-Cuse game in NJ?

Anti-PSU conquered my natural sympathy in this instance. I was rooting for the shank.

Anti-PSU conquered my natural sympathy in this instance. I was rooting for the shank.

Would have rather seen a bad snap...but that kid was having a horrible game.

ouch...horrible pass for the int.

It's still early in the USC/Syracuse game, but wow does USC look pedestrian. Their running game is nonexistent and the passing is pretty meh - a lot of short passes and YAC. That's about it.

In particular their OLine looks hugely overmatched, consistently is getting beat and has gotten nothing on pushes.

was going to say the same. ended 1/4 fg & a missed PAT...to lose by one.

why is the SC-Cuse game in NJ?

'Cuse has a lot of alumni downstate near the City, so I think they try and play the occasional game down there. It s much like how MSG is basically a second home court for their hoops team; they sell out any game they play there instantly.

It's still early in the USC/Syracuse game, but wow does USC look pedestrian. Their running game is nonexistent and the passing is pretty meh - a lot of short passes and YAC. That's about it.

In particular their OLine looks hugely overmatched, consistently is getting beat and has gotten nothing on pushes.

I can't believe SU held them to a scoreless opening quarter.

He is good. But the SEC dick slobbering-fest that is Herbie and Musberger calling this game is too much for me to handle. I'll just have to watch the Syracuse game.

Ha! I've missed that. I'm listening to podcasts while watching the game. Musberger is one of my least favorite announcers so it was an easy choice to not listen.

He is good. But the SEC dick slobbering-fest that is Herbie and Musberger calling this game is too much for me to handle. I'll just have to watch the Syracuse game.

I used to watch some games with Jack Arute when he wasn't travelling - it was awesome listening to his comments on Musberger and how much of a diva he was.

Archived