College Football 2012 II - The Rematch

Greywolf2375

Yea I'm not a big Musburger guy either. I'm just sick of all the talk about 'big boy football' in regards to the SEC.

In general I take the same approach that Coach Holgs does on this topic - if you don't like it then maybe someone should beat them. Their dominance recently is undeniable.

BUT. Good football is played all over the country and, not only that, but the SEC is fairly top-heavy. I just think its silly to get all douchey about the Big Boy League when the game is between a barely ranked Florida and an un-ranked A&M (not that the rankings mean a lot at this point but I think we do know that neither team is a Bama or an LSU this year). If they want to throw that in there for Bama or LSU, then fine whatever, but I think they oughtta consider giving it a rest on a game featuring a couple of teams that are probably going to finish middle-of-the-pack in their divisions. Florida may have a shot in the East, but I give A&M absolutely zero chance in the West. I'd argue that the PAC-12 is comparable to the SEC at the top. I'd also argue that the Big-12 is just as 'deep' as the SEC, and in terms of % of ranked teams, its deeper.

wow, i may have fell in love with our coaching staff finally. i've always sort of liked them, but felt like Muschamp had a lot of Zook in him. those were some amazing half-time adjustments. and Driskel, if he can figure out how to step into the pocket instead of running out of it every time, could be the real deal.

felt lousy at half time, feeling good now. cheers, and Go Gators!

Good win for Oregon State. I wonder if they'll end up sitting at 25 or thereabouts? Generally, an AQ team beating the #13 team in the second week would get in, right?

wow, i may have fell in love with our coaching staff finally. i've always sort of liked them, but felt like Muschamp had a lot of Zook in him. those were some amazing half-time adjustments. and Driskel, if he can figure out how to step into the pocket instead of running out of it every time, could be the real deal.

felt lousy at half time, feeling good now. cheers, and Go Gators!

Muschamp and Quinn made some big time adjustments at the half. I didn't think there was going to be anyway the defense would stop Manziel. I like Muschamp, too. i kinda knew him as a kid growing up in Gainesville so I've been pulling for him to be successful.

Other than all the sacks Driskel looked pretty good. Pease should move him around a little more. I do like how Pease calls a game. The biggest improvement over last week was the reduction in penalties. Hopefully the the injured guys heal quickly this week. Tennessee will be another tough game, but I feel much better about it after today.

For sure.

I don't think he ever had a real shot. It's just assumed that he had to be a contender since he was an invitee last year. But there looks to have been a huge dropoff in the passing game, so Montee Ball is going to be facing 8 in the box much of the year.

ETA: Holy shit. Colorado lost at home to Sacramento State.

Yeah, was going to comment on that earlier. First Utah against Utah St and now Colorado. Why did we let them in the conference, again?

Muschamp and Quinn made some big time adjustments at the half. I didn't think there was going to be anyway the defense would stop Manziel. I like Muschamp, too. i kinda knew him as a kid growing up in Gainesville so I've been pulling for him to be successful.

Other than all the sacks Driskel looked pretty good. Pease should move him around a little more. I do like how Pease calls a game. The biggest improvement over last week was the reduction in penalties. Hopefully the the injured guys heal quickly this week. Tennessee will be another tough game, but I feel much better about it after today.

yeah, the first quarter looked like more of the same with a couple stupid penalties, but they really cleaned it up. and i agree that aside from a couple of miserable calls, the game Pease called was masterful in terms of what we needed to win. that first drive was no joke the best single drive we've had i think in more than 3 years. it was perfect.

also, hilarious on my "may have fell in love..."in my last post. emphasis on the 'cheers' in that one, ya dig.

DAT's two TD runs showed another scary thing people should be worried about - his ability to break tackles. In both cases there was a ton of contact and in both cases he had to carry people into the end zone.

5 carries, 100 yards, 2 TDs.

Second half, Oregon looks horrible. Barner's rushed for 0 yards on 5 attempts, fumble by Mariota on a sack and three drives with punts or turnovers. Not very happy with this.

So you're saying he's not the best ever at Oregon? (is that still Joey Harrington?)

Archived