NYC BwB: Storm King in the Fall - THIS WEEKEND!

naz

I've been driving past Storm King for years (on my way between NYC and Canada)- could never stop in but always love seeing the Goldsworthy and Calder off the highway. I'd love to join if it's still happening and have a car if anyone needs a ride.

Fitheach, it's still happening and it would be great to have you join in. I'll put you down as a "fairly certain". Post here if you're bringing friends. We'll discuss transportation in a week or so.

And, as if Storm King weren't cool enough on its own, they have beehive tours every Saturday as part of a special exhibition.

Also, the Storm King Facebook page posts pictures of the park every week until the end of the season to document the progress of the fall colors. Looks like some trees are barely starting to change, so I get the feeling that in 20 days, we might be a little past peak. It should still be good though. Let's hope it slows down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

What time are we meeting at Storm King? Mr. X and I will have to organize our own transpo because we have to be at another commitment at around 6:30 and don't want to rush anyone. :)

Man, is it that time already? Ok, then... I was thinking we could all get there leisurely between 11 and 12, grab a bite to eat from the cafe and hang out in the picnic area a bit, then wander off across the grounds for the rest of the afternoon. The picnic area isn't that large, so it shouldn't be a problem finding each other, I think. I'll probably show up closer to 11, unless anyone needs a ride.

Speaking of which, Storm King is only open til 5:30 and I was planning to leave around 5ish anyway, so if you still want a ride, it shouldn't be a problem to get you back to the GWB bus station (A train - 178th st) by 6pm. Anyway, however you guys want to swing it is fine by me. If anyone else needs a ride to and from Manhattan, the GWB station is probably the best place for me to pick people up. Just let me know by Friday. Otherwise I assume y'all can make your own way up there.

Leaves are starting to turn around here, which means it's probably at or near peak near Storm King. Hopefully it doesn't fade by Saturday, but I think it'll be pretty nice. Let's just hope it doesn't rain.

Hate to say it but I can't make it this weekend. I'm sick (again) and don't want to press my luck. :(

Have a great time! I'll do my best to make it to another meetup soon.

Damn, that sucks. Maybe you'll feel better by Saturday?

Hey Naz,

Can the bf and I catch a ride with you Saturday?

Sure, no problem. Can you meet me at the GWB bus terminal at 10:15? I'll PM you my cell number so we can coordinate.

Sweet! We'll get there on the early side as well. :)

Is it OK if I post this to the BWB FB page?

Good idea. I already have it as an event on the page Bandito made this summer, but I guess you weren't part of that group then.

Sweet! We'll get there on the early side as well. :)

Is it OK if I post this to the BWB FB page?

Which one is the FB page? There's actually a couple of hits that show up for "Brotherhood Without Banners"

One last bump to serve as a reminder: this thing is tomorrow. So far, I'm picking up my friend + Etulftune and her bf, and everyone else is just gonna meet us at the picnic area or cafe around 11-ish to noon-ish. If anyone wants my cell number to coordinate (and doesn't have it already), PM me.

Weather-wise, it should be a nice day. Thankfully all the rain seems to be happening today itself, and tomorrow afternoon's looking pretty damn pleasant.

Archived