Crackpot: What if Rhaegar is the embodiment of all that is evil?

Where Boars Glow

Fanfiction much?

I know it's fun to push ideas around but there is nothing in the books GRRM has written that suggests any of that. You are taking the exact opposite of what GRRM has shown us and hoping for it to happen.

I don't really understand your objections to every pov opinion that speaks well of Rhaegar either. It's like saying the more people tell you something is so the less inclined you are to believe it. If GRRM puts another 5 favourable pov recollections in I feel you will find objections to those too and it will further confirm your suspicion that Rhaegar is somehow a big bad. It just doesn't seem logical. Occam's razor isn't always welcome on this forum I know but....

During this thread it has been discussed many times why the 5 people you mentioned are not great examples. Alot of the compliments paid Rheagar are either backhanded or not in refference to his character.

During this thread it has been discussed many times why the 5 people you mentioned are not great examples. Alot of the compliments paid Rheagar are either backhanded or not in refference to his character.

I disagree. You have labeled them all as unreliable witnesses or alleged their praise to be backhanded. I don't see this and I didn't see a lot of support in the thread for it. It still looks like you are fitting facts to your argument rather than the other way around.

I disagree. You have labeled them all as unreliable witnesses or alleged their praise to be backhanded. I don't see this and I didn't see a lot of support in the thread for it. It still looks like you are fitting facts to your argument rather than the other way around.

Sure i was reffering to the fact that this arguement had already been made in this thread so I wasn't going to relist the reasons i feel those witnesses perspectives are tainted when it comes to rhaegar.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok new Idea.....

Aryes was suggested by many to have raped Ashara dane at the tourney of Harrenhall. This possibility was talked about many times.

What if it was actually Lyanna.....and this is why Rheagar had to kidnap her and take her away....a coverup.

Archived