Ruby Slippers, Sapphire Stilletos & Fancy Clothes

Lilith of Tarth

If you get oil stains (like from lifting your girlfriend's sister's idiot boyfriend's Corvette out of the sugar sand where he decided to park it, but the 'vette is leaking oil all over the sand and you step in it and it gets all over your boots and you don't know it) those fuckers are never coming out (though I guess it's your own damn fault for wearing new suede boots out into the Pine Barrens. What were you thinking, idiot?). You can try scrubbing at the stains with water and soap if you want to, but odds are even if that takes the grease out, which it probably won't, it will screw the suede up. So, don't get grease on them.

:( I will remember that. Thanks for the advice!

Dang, I can't really see it but I love the rug andi am LOVING those shoes.

Angalin, I may have to hire you to be a personal shopper for me.

Please send a better shot if you have time and take care of my lovely shoes. :)

I use a suede thingy that I got with a blue suede Coach bag. It looks kind of like a pencil eraser and just rubs out dirt and marks. But if you get them wet, that's it. Bye bye, lovely shoes.

I don't have many suede pairs of shoes for this reason. Winter in the southern US is extremely wet.

During the winter, I change from boots into shoes once I get to the event if it's serious dressing. The climate here isn't very forgiving at all unless you wear Sorels or equivalent. :(

Will see what I can do about the picture: it may just be the dress on a hangar. And I got a lot of help from a friend when I was choosing it.

Your observation skills are still keen! I have just been absent for way too long. I just figured out how to negotiate the password gauntlet again.

How are you and yours and the wolf pups?

Everything is good. How's things in your neck of the woods? You should stick around more...all these n00bs are trying to take the place over.

This thread needs some actual pictures of sapphire stilletos http://www.google.co...Q9QEwCA&dur=218

and ruby slippers http://www.virtualsh...tWeitzman_3.jpg

Access denied to the Stuart Weitzman photo. :( I loved the sapphire stilettos though. They are a very beautiful dark blue. I would definitely wear those.

Access denied to the Stuart Weitzman photo. :( I loved the sapphire stilettos though. They are a very beautiful dark blue. I would definitely wear those.

Me too,

but I'd only wear the shoes if i didn't have to walk in them!!!

Me too,

but I'd only wear the shoes if i didn't have to walk in them!!!

Hey guys - can you see the link I did? Some nice stuff. . . .

Hey guys - can you see the link I did? Some nice stuff. . . .

No, Fragile Bird. Not 'nice stuff'. It's 'go rob a bank' stuff.

I am lusting after the oxblood Manolo lace up boots. Those are beyond beyond. :drool:

Those Jimmy Choos sparkly red stilettos make a good substitute for the link you can't see!

And Gillio, I said lust over, not buy!

Just as well, I'm really rough on shoes, my ownership would be cruel and unusual punishment for them!!!

We wont even discuss my poor wallet!!!

Gillio, I work in a manufacturing plant that's about 250,000 square feet. I'm in an office, but am on the plant floor at least some of the day, so I am walking A LOT.

I need lots of cush and heels don't cut it, so I feel you, girl.

I have a hard time reconciling my fashion side with my need for comfiness. It's a constant battle.

@Yag. - man, you know alot about suede care.

Do those spray on suede protectors really work? I have been reluctant to try them because I was afraid it would ruin the nap or the color of the suede.

I know a few things about a few things. When I was a teenager I got a pair of suede golf boots I wore everywhere. I obsessively researched how to keep them happy, and even back then there was enough Internet that I could learn what back in the day you probably had to be a shoe care professional to know. I love living in the future.

Anyway, fucking up your suede is always a risk. Suede protector is basically a really gentle waterproofing spray. It's designed not to ruin suede, but suede being such a delicate bitch of a material it doesn't always work. Spray lightly and according to the instructions in a well-ventilated area and you should be fine, but no guarantees.

Archived