Arya after the fall of Harrenhal - Why doesn't she reveal herself to Roose?

Mr Carner

Hi everyone! First time poster here at AFOIAF. Little bit of background....

I started watching GoT right before S2 premiered and OF COURSE became addicted to the world of ASOIAF. After finishing S2, I purchased the four book set on Kindle and have now just finished ACoK.

So here's my first question of things I don't get, and there are many. I will try to search for existing threads whenever I can, but I just had to get this off my chest, quick like.

Like the subject says, why the hell wouldn't Arya reveal herself to Roose after he takes over Harrenhal? This is the perfect opportunity for her to be taken into SAFE custody and get back to Robb and her mother. It boggles my mind that she would continue to hide her identity, especially after what happens in her last chapter in the book. JUST TELL HIM. Argh!

:)

Thanks for letting me vent. Next up - trying to understand the whole situation between Reek/Ramsey/Theon.

Just to be clear, watching the show first might be screwing me up. I also try to make sense of the things that happened on GoT that are just completely different than the novels, and sometimes confuse what is happening in which. Whew.

- Mr Carner

Archived