TTTNE 357: 'fart in your general direction' - the world of comedy

kissdbyfire

Happy birthday Fragile Bird!

Trin, congratulations! I am so confused, you don't post as palimpsest do you? There's a new wedding thread in GenChat already...

Man I am way behind. I go to church intending to post when I get back and a whole new thread has started!

And "Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!" Bwahahaha.

The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.

[a man puts a body on the cart]

Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.

The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: What?

Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.

Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.

The Dead Collector: He isn't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.

Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.

The Dead Collector: I can't take him.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.

The Dead Collector: I can't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?

The Dead Collector: Thursday.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.

Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.

[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]

Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.

The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

:D

I need to rant. The subtitles for Game of Thrones for Dutch television are truly HORRIBLE!

John Arryn... Khalisi... Gekke Koning (translated as Crazy King)... Wolf (translated, The Hound). Seriously, this is ridiculous.

I need to rant. The subtitles for Game of Thrones for Dutch television are truly HORRIBLE!

John Arryn... Khalisi... Gekke Koning (translated as Crazy King)... Wolf (translated, The Hound). Seriously, this is ridiculous.

That sounds... horrible. :/

That sounds... horrible. :/

It's really inconsistent. They're using different translations for Direwolf and White Walker every episode. They changed the translation for Hand to Rechterhand (Righthand).

It was probably translated by someone who never read the series in the Dutch translations. And I highly doubt that they even read it at all.

It's really inconsistent. They're using different translations for Direwolf and White Walker every episode. They changed the translation for Hand to Rechterhand (Righthand).

It was probably translated by someone who never read the series in the Dutch translations. And I highly doubt that they even read it at all.

That's a bad move. Usually a translator/subtitler is assigned a series for precisely this reason, consistency. But from what you're saying there are mistakes as well.

I feel you. The Slovene subtitles for some things you get on DVDs are such that they actually lose the meaning of what is being said, so that the characters say completely the opposite.

Lucky with Game of Thrones on DVD, though.

I feel you. The Slovene subtitles for some things you get on DVDs are such that they actually lose the meaning of what is being said, so that the characters say completely the opposite.

Translations suck. Things like: the things I do for love, winter is coming, a mind needs a book like a sword needs a whetstone, etc, sound pathetic in other languages anyway.

Oh god, this is bad. Now they decide to not translate words as King's Landing, Duncan the Tall, Tarly, etc, which they did last episode.

Buckwheat, you're from Slovenia? I went there last year. I loved it, had a great awesome time! People are just so lovely in Slovenia! :)

Translations suck. Things like: the things I do for love, winter is coming, a mind needs a book like a sword needs a whetstone, etc, sound pathetic in other languages anyway.

Oh god, this is bad. Now they decide to not translate words as King's Landing, Duncan the Tall, Tarly, etc, which they did last episode.

They sound pathetic because some translators decide to translate a saying by word meaning, not by sentence meaning. I kinda like Turkish translation though, just watched one episode and it was ok.

Archived