Our Most Hated - Book Characters Guessing Game

KhaleesiDany

No worries Erinne, you can play even if you didn't send a list. And if you're just joining us, that's okay, too. There is plenty of time to jump in.

Syseanne, you should have taken me up on the offer to change your guess!

#15 Melisandre

Are any of you from the last game getting deja vu? She was near the bottom of the top 30 characters at #28, on most hated she is #15. And with good reason.

Melisandre is a religious fanatic. She may call herself a priestess, but as we know from her POV chapter in ADWD, she is actually not all that certain when it comes to predicting the future. She makes her magic like any other witch--by treachery and tricks.

On one hand, this makes her mysterious and fearsome. I'm still willing to put part of the blame on her for what happened at the Blackwater with all that green fire even though I know, logically, she had nothing to do with it. But she doesn't exactly jump to correct anyone about this. She knows a great part of her power is in her mystery.

And how does she use this power? Religious persecution. I really can't stand this about her. She reminds me of fire and brimstone priests who want to force you to convert to their religion in order to save your soul. Never mind what you want to do with your own soul. You're either convert, or she burns you. She might even burn you without asking. If you've already given your soul to the Seven or the Old Gods, well that's no problem because she'll burn them, too.

Also she and Stannis make shadow babies that kill beautiful people like Renly :thumbsdown: I'm still not sure if that was magic, or just the natural spawn of something so nasty.

Statistics:

In 7 of 27 lists.

Average Placing: 7.7

Highest Placing: 2

POINTS!

AryaSnow 5

Lothar Imbel 5

eddard of the house stark 5

Stavos 3

Jaime's Wench 3

Chelly 3

Fragon 3

Lady Kraken 3

Lord Arryn 2

King Euron Greyjoy 2

Headless Jeyne 2

Early Earl 2

Just-in-time Silver Spearwife 2

I will try not to make the hints too ridiculous, because I don't want to hear your whining.

Hint for #14:

A king.

I will post it on Friday.

Archived