Jon Snow's Death?

The Promised Prince

Up until Jon was stabbed, the thought in the back of my mind was, how does Martin get him out of his vows to carry out the plans we all expect of Jon ? The Black holds his story line back. I think that the wall is as manned as its going to get.. and...that isnt where Jon needs to be to challenge the Others....or the problems in the south...or his own...or help his family. I was kind of expecting something, running away was to easy. Jons attraction to the ice cells/crypts whatever makes me want to put him there with the other bodys. Dead or alive im going to make a wild connection/shot here. Jon was trying to be to much like Ned...extinct. I see a Jon/ Ghost....Rickon/Shaggy...warg something going on. Rickon is the anti Ned Stark of the family. Dont you feel when that boy gets involved there is going to be serious blood? He is not very far away and when Davos finds him its the boy who will be leading the Onion back to the wall....Then we will see what happens. Gotta be a connection somehow.

Just rambling.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon is not dead He will be saved one of 2 ways by mallisandra

1) She glamored jon like she did with Mance Rayder when he was supposedly burned alive but in fact it was Rattleshirt.

2) She brings him back to life like Thoros of Myr does to Beric Dondarrion as they are both part of the same order of Priests/Priestesses and will have similar powers.

Anyone agree?

• 2 weeks later...

1) She glamored jon like she did with Mance Rayder when he was supposedly burned alive but in fact it was Rattleshirt.

Anyone agree?

That's exactly what I was wondering.

I like the way GRRM totally shocks us with his unexpected character deaths but I would still be sad to see Jon go.

I am not sure if anyone has noted but, to me POV deaths are usually very final and confirmed back and forth. They don't leave room for questioning. Examples: Ned (Beheaded) , Cat and Rob, Slit throat and Beheaded and many more. Every time a fake death occurs the POV that is dying usually passes out in a life and death situation.

Every Cliffhanger death has also been an averted death, I mean whats the point of a cliffhanger death making fans wait for half a decade to read that he in fact did not make it ?? That would be ridiculous..... We just all need to be certain he is alive, its the doubt that kills us.

As to how he survived, I imagine that the Wildings will protect him. The remainder of the Nights Watch will probably be slaughtered along with the kings men and he will be saved a midst the turmoil. Warging into Ghost would actually be awesome and he can help save himself.

I think WUN WUN will kill Jon Snows Attackers.

Hello everybody. First post. Italian. So please forgive me if I make some mistakes.

I have a couple of questions about Jon's "death".. How do you interpreted this two details:

- after the first wound (at the throat) he tries to grab Longclaw but he fails because his figers had become rigid, clumsy.

- in the cold night air his wound was smoking

Probably these two details are due to the cold and nothing else.. but maybe there is something more.. is it possible?

I am not sure if anyone has noted but, to me POV deaths are usually very final and confirmed back and forth. They don't leave room for questioning. Examples: Ned (Beheaded) , Cat and Rob, Slit throat and Beheaded and many more. Every time a fake death occurs the POV that is dying usually passes out in a life and death situation.

You have it pretty much, except that if/when a POV character dies, it does not occur during the characters POV (i.e. Ned died through Arya's eyes).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I've read 11 pages of this thread and I solidified my own ideas. R+L=J tho he will not rise from the fire as he is not the dragon. Only Dany is. Jon is not dead. Weather he was represented by a glamour from Mel or not mortally wounded, still very much alive. He will be healed either by Mel/ Val at the Wall or by the CoF in hiding.

I believe he will leave the Wall, not the NW, for a time to meet up with Howland Reed and learn of his true parents. While there he will rally the North. Bolton only consists of a fair few. There's still Manderlay, the Crannog men, DwM, and Bear Island. Not to mention the 'true Northmen' those living subsistence lives uninterested in the politics of the Realm. He shall then rid the North of those we all deem undesirable and return to the Wall for the final battle.

What I haven't been able to suss out yet is the alignment of 'good' and 'evil' between Rhollar and the 3EC/Old Gods and who should win.

Building on the theory R+L=J he is the third head of the Dragon with Dany and Aegon. I see no other real candidates for the position.

My question for you, and perhaps another thread entirely, is when is Dany gunna get her Valerian steel arakh? The true weapon of a Dragon born Khaleesi.

Archived