Gendry as Azor Ahai ?

Faithmemory

Gendry as Azor Ahai??

- a skilled smith

- with blood of Robert the king and a bit of Targaryen blood

- Lord of Light follower now

- coded the Red Comet as the Red Sword

- a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword

-in BWB, it was said that he's forging his own sword.

no clue about Nissa Nissa..?

Will you make a song for him?” the woman asked.

He has a song,” the man replied.

He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.”

book 1

Gendry: When I hit that steel, it sings.

I'm not sure Gendry as AA is particularly likely but it certainly seems as though we should be expecting more from Gendry. We've heard too much about him, had so many hints and reminders that he is Robert's son... If he were to be legitimized he would be the rightful king, after all, I don't think that's likely, but I don't think that the fact that he has survived, the fact we keep being reminded of all the things he inherited from Robert, and the fact that he spent some time travelling with a POV character, is for nothing. I'm fairly sure that his storyline must be going somewhere. Maybe Arya will marry him and they'll get to join their houses after all...

• 4 months later...

I'm going to make a prediction:

Gendry will forge Valarian steel. The only reason it hasn't been rediscovered before now is because trades people like smiths can't read and nobles think themselves too good to dirty their hands with common labor which smithing is. Loras Tyrell will find the recipe for it at Dragonstone and give it to Gendry when they meet. He will give it to Gendry because Gendry looks like his Uncle Renly Baratheon. Varys made especially sure Gendry and Edric Storm survived. Edric because he's got a noble mother and Gendry because he likely inherited the Targaryen heat resistance. Why else would they make sure he becomes a blacksmith and not some other trade? Or simply abandon him like all of Robert's base born bastards?

I'm going to make a prediction:

Gendry will forge Valarian steel. The only reason it hasn't been rediscovered before now is because trades people like smiths can't read and nobles think themselves too good to dirty their hands with common labor which smithing is. Loras Tyrell will find the recipe for it at Dragonstone and give it to Gendry when they meet. He will give it to Gendry because Gendry looks like his Uncle Renly Baratheon. Varys made especially sure Gendry and Edric Storm survived. Edric because he's got a noble mother and Gendry because he likely inherited the Targaryen heat resistance. Why else would they make sure he becomes a blacksmith and not some other trade? Or simply abandon him like all of Robert's base born bastards?

If this recipe is just hanging out at Dragonstone why didn't Stannis find it or use it in the last 18 years?

Crackpot. But it would be awfully touching if Gendry could be in a position to rework/reforge Ice and somewhat bring it back to what it it was and then reuinite with his bud Arya somehow and present it to her. Widow's Wail taken from Tommen, the pretend son of Robert, and reforged by Robert's real son would be cool. The other part is currently with Brienne. Now does she get it back or does the BWB have it? True, she needs a sword but then again the BWB confiscated her stuff and it is valuable, they need valuables, but it does have the Lannister lion pommel/hilt thingie now.

Having a brain loss moment. Does it say where Oathkeeper is presently? No books on me right now.

Will you make a song for him?” the woman asked.

He has a song,” the man replied.

He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.”

book 1

Gendry: When I hit that steel, it sings.

I don't think it's Gendry but this is an intriguing quote. I'm not sure if it's Valyrian steel, but maybe he can forge a sword that is ice/cold-based (since dragonglass seems to be fire-based) or forge a sword that combines ice and fire properties, and that is his song.

That concludes my pretty obvious observation.

Archived