Osha and Rickon. Where did the go? Possible spoilers.

Rorton1985

Well they are supposedly in Skagos at the minute killing unicorns and chomping down on some nice tasty human flesh.

Which is pure speculation based on the little information we get in the next few books.

Ricken i thought is still definitely with them yet Osha is not mentioned at all after they leave Winterfell which i find bizarre, so is she still there with them or not???

Do you mean if Osha is still with Rickon? As far as we know

she is.

No Rickon goes with Osha after they split, supposedly East then to Skagos. Hodor and the Reeds go with Bran North.

ETA: I think they were meant to go to White Harbor and get a ship from the Manderly's to meet up with Robb.

Until the Red Wedding.

really?

when did that happen in SOS?

Well it isn't said, that's why I said I think. It'd just make sense since the Manderly's loyalty to the Starks has been very clear and he visited Winterfell himself recently. IIRC, Bran even mentions/thinks about how he likes Lord Manderly. Plus White Harbor was building the North's fleet and was farthest from the ironborn threat. Since it seems likely they are in Skagos, they would have had to be heading East, and I hope their plan wasn't to go to the island rumored to be full of beasts and cannibals (though it could all be crazy rumors).

Well it isn't said, that's why I said I think. It'd just make sense since the Manderly's loyalty to the Starks has been very clear and he visited Winterfell himself recently. IIRC, Bran even mentions/thinks about how he likes Lord Manderly. Plus White Harbor was building the North's fleet and was farthest from the ironborn threat. Since it seems likely they are in Skagos, they would have had to be heading East, and I hope their plan wasn't to go to the island rumored to be full of beasts and cannibals (though it could all be crazy rumors).

thanks for the info. it may not be said but it makes more sense anyway then Osha and Ricken suddenly becoming deaf mutes.

or did George Martin just get complacent when writing it and forget all about them?

thanks for the info. it may not be said but it makes more sense anyway then Osha and Ricken suddenly becoming deaf mutes.

or did George Martin just get complacent when writing it and forget all about them?

No, he didn't. But you need to keep reading for that...

Am I the only one who thinks Rickon will become a villain? All the wolves have personalities similar to their masters, and Shaggydog is pretty volatile.

Ned's elder brother, Brandon, was described as ''Wild Wolf'' in Jojen's tale about the Knight of the Laughing Tree. The Starks are known to be somewhat hotheaded, and with Rickon being raised amongst Skagosi who are pretty much the same as Cannibal Wildlings, anything is possible.

Ned's elder brother, Brandon, was described as ''Wild Wolf'' in Jojen's tale about the Knight of the Laughing Tree. The Starks are known to be somewhat hotheaded, and with Rickon being raised amongst Skagosi who are pretty much the same as Cannibal Wildlings, anything is possible.

I think Shaggy's ferocity is evident that Rickon has that blood of the wolf that Brandon and Lyanna had. We are slowly given more info over time that shows us that the Starks are not traditionally the calm, collective, respectful type like Ned, and that that may have been part of being raised by Jon Arryn.

I think another underplayed aspect of Rickon is that he seems to be the most powerful warg beyond Bran. Shaggy dog seems to answer completely to his control and personality in his few apearances more then the other stark children.

Interesting point, but perhaps it goes both ways. Rickon is very young and young people are more susceptible to persuasion. I believe Rickon gets some of his personality from Shaggy, just as Shaggy gets some of Rickon. We see Bran lose control at times (losing track of days spent warging, forgetting to follow Jojen's instructions, submitting to the wolf) and Bran is more conscious of these effects. Rickon just sees Shaggy as his best friend, the only one there for him when the war broke out.

Interesting point, but perhaps it goes both ways. Rickon is very young and young people are more susceptible to persuasion. I believe Rickon gets some of his personality from Shaggy, just as Shaggy gets some of Rickon. We see Bran lose control at times (losing track of days spent warging, forgetting to follow Jojen's instructions, submitting to the wolf) and Bran is more conscious of these effects. Rickon just sees Shaggy as his best friend, the only one there for him when the war broke out.

I agree this is what i was driving at but you stated better. I think he is more closely tied to the wolven nature then the other siblings...either because of his age...or just his nature. Either way i think this plays a key element in his development...the boy raised by wolves and what not.

Archived