What to think of cersei?

NoNameRivers

It is true that in the series she is portrayed more as an evil mastermind with no feelings whatsoever. In the books you'll see that she is more human, though still quite wicked.

I'd recommend you to keep reading.

In AFfC her story will become more clear.

You have it backwards, in the show, they cut out her worst moments and make her seem better.

[ A Game of Thrones spoiler below]

Like how in the books she killed Roberts bastards whilst in the show it was Joffrey. Or how in the books she always supports Joffrey's actions and thinks there's nothing wrong with what he does, and that she thinks Tommen ought to be more like Joffrey, whilst in the show she acknowledges that Joffrey is horrible and she doesn't support what he does.

The makers of the show even said that they chose Lena Headey for the role of Cersei because everyone else tried to portray her as an evil emotionless ice queen, whilst Lena made her more human and sympathetic.

I'll just repeat to the OP what I said to the poster above. Cersei is much more sympathetic in the show than in the books. In the show, they cut out her worst moments and make her seem better.

[A Game of Thrones spoiler below]

Like how in the books she killed Roberts bastards whilst in the show it was Joffrey. Or how in the books she always supports Joffrey's actions and thinks there's nothing wrong with what he does, and that she thinks Tommen ought to be more like Joffrey, whilst in the show she acknowledges that Joffrey is horrible and she doesn't support what he does.

Also, the makers of the show even said that they chose Lena Headey for the role of Cersei because everyone else tried to portray her as an evil emotionless ice queen, whilst Lena made her more human and sympathetic.

Yes, she is much more evil in the books. The only reason she isn't the chief villain in the majority of the stories is due to the boys who are sadistic for their own personal pleasure (like Jeoffrey or Ramsay), while she is cruel solely for her own personal gain.

Archived