Euron's plan for Victarion is doomed, and has implications for Asha and Theon

Harland Flint

I don't think that Euron would be so easily discarded at this point, considering the way he has been built up and Moqorro's saying he poses the largest threat. He's painted as being far too clever to just get killed off as well. Where it stands now, there needs to be a massive, unpredictable danger out there, and I think Euron is best placed to provide that. Victarion would just screw it up.

I feel like there are some questions to be asked about the "horn," and whether it's actually the dragon horn or the Horn of Winter, or something else entirely. Its nature is very mysterious. We're told Euron sailed to Valyria and the Smoking Sea, but I feel it's just as probable and much more likely that he went somewhere North, maybe around the Lands of Always Winter and returned with that horn. Though, this doesn't explain the Valyrian markings... who knows! No way to tell, yet.

I don't think this a likely scenario because how can iron born survive in lands of always winter and also where would they get a map of that territory and also they have the wildings to deal with.

I don't think this a likely scenario because how can iron born survive in lands of always winter and also where would they get a map of that territory and also they have the wildings to deal with.

I think it's much more likely than surviving Valyria. I highly doubt that untrained, ill-equipped and undisciplined Wildlings would stand a chance against the Ironborn, especially Euron's hard-ass crew. We know nothing yet about the Lands of Always Winter -- it may be very likely that people can survive there and we just don't know it. Valyria we know is a poisoned, destroyed, desolate wasteland hostile to any and all life. As far as our knowledge goes right now, a bit of ice and snow and wild people seem a lot easier to deal with than smoking ruins and flaming demons.

More importantly, if he did go to Valyria, where are the rest of the artfiacts? Where's the rest of his proof? All we've seen is the horn and nothing else. You'd expect him to come back with Valyrian steel for his crew, or something.

So they found a the horn that burns with valyrian glyphs in an iceberg? I don't think that's likely. It burns the lungs it doesn't freeze them. I think if the horn of winter kills it does so with the power of ice. The horn is called dragonbinder and I think that's what it is for. We had heard about the dragon horns and their uses before. The thing is litterally made of a dragon's horn. I think its a sorcerery built dragon horn. Of course morqorro could of lied but what's the point of victarion having the horn of winter in slaver's bay? When a dragon horn is much more useful by the dragons. I agree it probably didn't survive the doom. But is it a stretch euron found it somewhere on his travels of essos? I don't think so. I like the idea that it was a winter horn cause its firery and fire melts ice. But I think its much more ironic for sam the craven to have that horn. I heard a story once about the horn of winter being broken by joramun. And the horn sam found is cracked. But that could be some crackpot statement. Neither could have that horn. But I do find it much more likely that victarion has a dragon horn. He just hasn't the clue what to do with it. I don't think its that easy to call in dragons. Look what dany had to do to hatch them.

Archived