R+L=J #33

Stubby

Nice catch, even their noses are alike! Though that Rhaegar is still a bit ugly for my taste, just like their Arthur Dayne, but anyway :drool:

Yep, the aquiline nose is a typical Targaryen males feature throughout the graphic series. Aerys, Rhaegar and Viserys all sport quite a Roman nose :lol: And Jon...

As for Arthur's looks :drool: and the events of the Tower of Joy I'll keep you updated as the last 3 issues get released in Kindle format. Everything will be unveiled in issue#12 methinks...

Interesting catches in the comics. Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

Per Jon and the Wildlings...I know that Winter is coming (heh) and they don't appear to be farming folk, but aren't the Gift and the New Gift large tracts of land? Could not the Wildlings range in those areas without causing friction with the Umbers and the Mtn Clans?

Then Jon could feasibly command the Wildlings, the North and what is left of the Watch.

Yep, the aquiline nose is a typical Targaryen males feature throughout the graphic series. Aerys, Rhaegar and Viserys all sport quite a Roman nose :lol: And Jon...

As for Arthur's looks :drool: and the events of the Tower of Joy I'll keep you updated as the last 3 issues get released in Kindle format. Everything will be unveiled in issue#12 methinks...

You should take your graphic compilations and start a thread.

On another thread discussing the Westerosi ideas on beauty, I used a couple of your graphics depicting Lyanna, and there was a little "concern" over her, ahem, cleavage as most didn't imagine Lyanna to be so curvy.

I think over the years that this story has been in process, it's allowed time for people and artists to have set in their minds what they envision Rhaegar, Lyanna and even Jon to look like, (Jon got rave reviews, and while Kit is indeed handsome, most imagined Jon to have the more acquiline features rather than the "baby face" that Harrington seems to have at the moment).

These graphics practically scream the truth when you compare Jon to Lyanna/Rhaegar.

But, for those who don't come to the R+L=J thread, different responses and reactions might be interesting.

Again, thanks for your time and effort. :)

Your Lady of the Links is back :cool4:

I was just reading issue #9 of A Game of Thrones: The comic Book and... :eek: finally a helmless picture of Rhaegar :leer:

Got back to my copy of the Graphic Novel Vol.1 (comprised of the initial six issues of the graphic series) and found a nice image of Jon... That's the result:

http://www.imagebam....fb26a8214244640

Nice eye shapes, lips and brows... Just saying ;)

If George did indeed approve these drawings then hot damn! Jon is one good-looking bastard. :leer:

P.S. Speaking of the graphic novel, if the characters have been portrayed accurately, then the Arya Horseface comments make absolutely no sense to me. But that's likely a discussion for another thread.

Lady Octarina:

Maybe, tho' taking all those hostages, may not improve their view of Jon. Also, I wonder if the Free Folk are prepared so quickly to give up on long standing tradition--- tho' they are probably disoriented by what they have just been thru. Still at present it looks like cooperation in the face of a deadly common enemy between Jon and them, more than a developing authority on his part. At least Jon has a basic understanding of their ways, unlike Selyse (and how was he to enlighten her?)

If George did indeed approve these drawings then hot damn! Jon is one good-looking bastard. :leer:

As for Arthur's looks :drool: and the events of the Tower of Joy

You are AWESOME!

He does look like Rhaegar, but with Lyannas wolfish eyes, (which I suspect is a halmark of the Starks), and Rhaegar does not look elfin, (thank heaven), and quite capable of killing Robert.

(Now, I can go to work).

Nice catch, even their noses are alike! Though that Rhaegar is still a bit ugly for my taste, just like their Arthur Dayne, but anyway :drool:

And you ladies call us pigs.....

I don't think that Jons Targ blood will mean that much to him. IMO he won't be a dragon rider. What ever his part will be, it will be as a Stark. He is of Ice, not fire.

Are you calling us 'pigs'??? :lol:

Oh well, never denied the attraction to wolves/dragons alpha males. You must admit our 'inclinations' are slightly different though. I don't see you dudes falling for brooding, harp playing, bookworm, doomed... blondes :leer: Love for tragedy (and complexity...), thy name is woman ;)

I don't think that Jons Targ blood will mean that much to him. IMO he won't be a dragon rider. What ever his part will be, it will be as a Stark. He is of Ice, not fire.

If R+L=J, his will be the song of ice AND fire. He'll struggle (who wouldn't?) but eventually he will have to come to terms with his father's legacy. Nothing happens by chance (not in literature anyway LOL).

You should take your graphic compilations and start a thread.

On another thread discussing the Westerosi ideas on beauty, I used a couple of your graphics depicting Lyanna, and there was a little "concern" over her, ahem, cleavage as most didn't imagine Lyanna to be so curvy.

I think over the years that this story has been in process, it's allowed time for people and artists to have set in their minds what they envision Rhaegar, Lyanna and even Jon to look like, (Jon got rave reviews, and while Kit is indeed handsome, most imagined Jon to have the more acquiline features rather than the "baby face" that Harrington seems to have at the moment).

These graphics practically scream the truth when you compare Jon to Lyanna/Rhaegar.

But, for those who don't come to the R+L=J thread, different responses and reactions might be interesting.

Again, thanks for your time and effort. :)

Thank you :blushing:

But I'm not sure I dare opening a new thread... I can barely contribute to this one :unsure:

Oh c'mon, I've seen the guys reduced to almost foaming virtual spittle :tantrum: as they defend the likes of Dany. :rolleyes:

Brandon/Ned hybrid, Samwell, Edric Dayne or even Tyrion (in the first few books at least) would have appealed to me more, because I like funny and awkward, and the minute Rhaegar broke out that harp, I would be the first to drop to my knees, crawl up the aisle and out the back door, or excuse myself to the restroom- and not come back, :stillsick: because it's going to be another buzz kill of a performance.

So at least for me, a Rhaegar and Jon to some extent, (and I'm a Jon fangirl but in terms of effeciency and capabitlity), are attractive only in short doses in terms of romantic appeal.

So, no bias on that score other than to state that the Artist did a a good job of drawing the physical parrallels between them and drawing them in a way that is fairly balanced, (i.e., Rhaegar is not too delicate or ethereal looking to convince us that he could hold his own with Robert)

Seriously though, Jon is the balance of both important elements, and he will be devastated because he is not Neds son, something he's identified himself with his whole life, but he will have to come to terms with Rhaegars legacy and that part of his family.

I think it will be more signifigant to him that Lyanna is his Mother.

While I think his destiny is greater than that cursed Iron Throne, it remains to be seen whether or not he wouldn't embrace it if he's the last Targ. standing as even Ned instilled the strong sense of duty in him. I've always questioned if Ned was ever truly happy as the Lord of Winterfell, or may not have enjoyed a more obscure and simple existance elsewhere, but did what was expected of him.

Are you calling us 'pigs'??? :lol:

Oh well, never denied the attraction to wolves/dragons alpha males. You must admit our 'inclinations' are slightly different though. I don't see you dudes falling for brooding, harp playing, bookworm, doomed... blondes :leer: Love for tragedy (and complexity...), thy name is woman ;)

If R+L=J, his will be the song of ice AND fire. He'll struggle (who wouldn't?) but eventually he will have to come to terms with his father's legacy. Nothing happens by chance (not in literature anyway LOL).

Thank you :blushing:

But I'm not sure I dare opening a new thread... I can barely contribute to this one :unsure:

You do a great job, :D but it was interesting to even see the controversy over how Arya was drawn, becauase over time, people have imagined Arya in an almost feral way, (think Road Warrior), though this graphic's rendition of her does more aptly hint at the promise of future beauty.

Seriously though, Jon is the balance of both important elements, and he will be devastated because he is not Neds son, something he's identified himself with his whole life, but he will have to come to terms with Rhaegars legacy and that part of his family.

I think it will be more signifigant to him that Lyanna is his Mother.

I'm not sure Jon will be devastated when he finds out he's not Ned's son. Since day one he's been the black sheep, never quite finding a place in the family other than being the bastard (Stark blood, but never a Stark). In fact, he's had the pressure of being Ned's bastard hanging over his head the entire time. I could see Jon feeling a sense of relief upon hearing the news. Not because he wouldn't be proud to be Ned's son, but because he would finally have an identity of his own, and know that he wasn't just the random result of a wild night of passion. That would be a liberating feeling IMO...

Edit:

To add, Jon's love and appreciation for Ned would only grow exponentially after the finding out all the sacrifices uncle Ned chose to make over the years for his beloved nephew.

I'm not sure Jon will be devastated when he finds out he's not Ned's son. Since day one he's been the black sheep, never quite finding a place in the family other than being the bastard (Stark blood, but never a Stark). In fact, he's had the pressure of being Ned's bastard hanging over his head the entire time. I could see Jon feeling a sense of relief upon hearing the news. Not because he wouldn't be proud to be Ned's son, but because he would finally have an identity of his own, and know that he wasn't just the random result of a wild night of passion. That would be a liberating feeling IMO...

Edit:

To add, Jon's love and appreciation for Ned would only grow exponentially after the finding out all the sacrifices uncle Ned chose to make over the years for his beloved nephew.

Thats a good point on Jon.

As his story evolves, and certainly when he "recovers" he may begin to resemble a dragon more than a wolf, (though I imagine it may be a source of pride for him to find that his Mother was the KotLT, as well his relationship with Arya making sense).

I've often speculated that Jon by nurture may be a Stark, but by nature and instinct, he may have been a dragon all along and that could be a good thing, or a bad thing.

Also, I'm of the opinion that of this comes to pass, then it makes sense for Jon to be legitimized as a Targ. I mean, if you're going to do it, go all the way. Don't be half assed about it. Full name change, becomes an heir to the throne, the whole nine yards. Jon should sit the Iron throne, and Rickon should become the Lord of Winterfell. Bran's path seems to be leading him away from the life of men anyway.

I totally agree. Which is part of why I think he will be of Ice, not fire.

As a heretic, crack pot, and conspiracy nut job, I think that his Targ blood is throwing you off. Aegon was the song of Ice and Fire, not Jon. But then I believe that AA and ptwp are not the same.

I must have hit a nerve for both Alia and FrozenFire to comment on that.

I totally agree. Which is part of why I think he will be of Ice, not fire.

As a heretic, crack pot, and conspiracy nut job, I think that his Targ blood is throwing you off. Aegon was the song of Ice and Fire, not Jon. But then I believe that AA and ptwp are not the same.

I must have hit a nerve for both Alia and FrozenFire to comment on that.

I don't see how. Rhaegar saying it doesn't make it so.

Black Wolf Smith:

Why do you think that AAR and the PtwP are not one and the same? If they were why would Maester Aemon not include that in his criticism---to Samwell---of what Melisandre said about Stannis being AAR? Why would he later say that Daenerys is "the one" if there are two?

Black Wolf Smith:

Why do you think that AAR and the PtwP are not one and the same? If they were why would Maester Aemon not include that in his criticism---to Samwell---of what Melisandre said about Stannis being AAR? Why would he later say that Daenerys is "the one" if there are two?

A lot of little things. One of the big ones is that Aemon said that its a 1,000's year old prophecy half remember, from another language. A lot of what is known(by the way we have not heard what PtwP is) about prophecies is that they are not that easy to understand. How many of the prophecy we have seen have been straightfore?

I think that some of if sounds the same, but they are very different. I think that they will oppose each other, one a hero for Fire, and one a hero for Ice.

But then again, I am a cracked pot.

Nothing of what you say suggests in the slightest way that the prophecy requires or even hints that there is more than one person prophesied rather than one known by two different names. Why is it that the latter is so difficult for some to wrap their heads around? Do you really think you know better than Aemon and Marwyn and Moqorro?

Archived