Rickon, the Black Wolf.

OberynBlackfyre

I can see him being hard and just, like a Stannis or Randyll Tarly type. I can also see him being a very astute soldier and he wont in fact be the Lord of Winterfell because Bran comes before him? And it's not like he's going to die I don't think...

I hope he will be a good militar leader, otherwise it's probable that the House Stark goes to extintion by the male line.

Seriously, the Starks need some revenge and I'm counting on Black Wolf Rickon and the Tree Bran for this!:D

Rickon will not be evil. But he will also not be merciful. He is angry, as he lost his home and his family despite his pleas for them to stay. As he grows older, he will grow more bitter, and his bitterness will temper his patience. Without patience, he will lash out more easily, and so will not demonstrate mercy.

If any current Stark would rule through fear rather than love, it would be Rickon.

Couldn't say it better.

Running on the fly with a not-yet-flushed-out idea that just came to me:

After losing track, as a family, of who they really are by going south and trying to play the game of thrones, and taking a beating for doing so, the remaining Starks are poised to, over the course of The Long Winter II, get back in touch with their roots, go back to basics, and reconnect with whatever mojo is present in The Starks being such an old blood line. Bran the Builder, There Must Always Be A Stark In Winterfell, The Blood Of The First Men Is In Our Veins. This all comes from something, somewhere.

Rickon, by going to Skaagos, will come into contact with the older, not-politically-correct traditions of the North (ones so dark and grim even Roose Bolton is loathe to mention them by name.) Much like Bran is reconnecting with the COTF and First Men magic and The Old Gods. Much like Jon going north of the wall, where even the wildlings recognize and respect the name Stark, there's some tradition and connection that people on the kneeler side of the wall have forgotten, but the free folk have not. Jon has taken the free folk south of the wall for pragmatic reasons and in doing so has begun rebuilding that bridge.

Through them The Starks will remember who they are, how they got their position, what made them great and powerful in the first place. The pack will survive the long winter that lays so many others low. When Rickon becomes Lord Of Winterfell it will signify the family Returning To Their Roots. Rickon is going to be an Old-School Stark, the type of Stark who was mean enough to scare The North into fealty in the first place.

I agree that Rickon would grow up ruthless and fierce, but not without love. Whether or not we see it is another matter.

If we do see, Rickon could put up some good fights, but definitely not for himself. He would have to join a fight on the side of another character (most likely Jon), but I think that is the more interesting question.

This is a good thread OP!

Rickon, by going to Skaagos, will come into contact with the older, not-politically-correct traditions of the North (ones so dark and grim even Roose Bolton is loathe to mention them by name.) Much like Bran is reconnecting with the COTF and First Men magic and The Old Gods. Much like Jon going north of the wall, where even the wildlings recognize and respect the name Stark, there's some tradition and connection that people on the kneeler side of the wall have forgotten, but the free folk have not. Jon has taken the free folk south of the wall for pragmatic reasons and in doing so has begun rebuilding that bridge.

Through them The Starks will remember who they are, how they got their position, what made them great and powerful in the first place. The pack will survive the long winter that lays so many others low. When Rickon becomes Lord Of Winterfell it will signify the family Returning To Their Roots. Rickon is going to be an Old-School Stark, the type of Stark who was mean enough to scare The North into fealty in the first place.

This is what I think too; I really hope this happens!

I think Rickon is like to become more Brandon Stark than Ned unless he rejoins a pack led by Jon, who learned and passes on Ned's lessons as he did in the first Bran chapter with the beheading of the NW deserter... Oh, btw, I wish someone would explain how he got past the wall after the Others incident.

I think Rickon is like to become more Brandon Stark than Ned unless he rejoins a pack led by Jon, who learned and passes on Ned's lessons as he did in the first Bran chapter with the beheading of the NW deserter... Oh, btw, I wish someone would explain how he got past the wall after the Others incident.

The deserter? Probably like the wildlings do, climbed or made a little boat or something. I believe there are quite a few ways small quantities of people can pass the Wall. The wildlings seem to do it all the time.. And this was someone who had been at the wall for 40 years, he surely knew how the wildlings did it.

I can see him being hard and just, like a Stannis or Randyll Tarly type. I can also see him being a very astute soldier and he wont in fact be the Lord of Winterfell because Bran comes before him? And it's not like he's going to die I don't think...

I don't see him becoming particularly just at all, to me he seems more like Brandon Stark from the little we know of him.

Bran as far as I know will become some kind of demi-god.

I think people are forgetting that Jon Snow is technically next in line of succession simply because Robb's will gives him preference over Bran or Rickon. once Mormont, Glover and Reed come out of the swamps with a good number of troops and the will in hand (not to mention the possible information that Jon is R+L) then most of the northern lords will support him.

I still think 'The Black Wolf' is an incredibly sick name though.

The deserter? Probably like the wildlings do, climbed or made a little boat or something. I believe there are quite a few ways small quantities of people can pass the Wall. The wildlings seem to do it all the time.. And this was someone who had been at the wall for 40 years, he surely knew how the wildlings did it.

I think you could pass through some narrow passages in the mountains, can't you?

I think people are forgetting that Jon Snow is technically next in line of succession simply because Robb's will gives him preference over Bran or Rickon. once Mormont, Glover and Reed come out of the swamps with a good number of troops and the will in hand (not to mention the possible information that Jon is R+L) then most of the northern lords will support him.

I still think 'The Black Wolf' is an incredibly sick name though.

Since the will hasn't surfaced yet, there's no certainty that Jon Snow is Robb's heir. Even if the will declares him Robb's heir, it doesn't necessarily put his claim ahead of Bran and Rickon's. Jon Snow may have to step in as heir to sort out the chaos in the North, but no way would he try to claim that he's the true Lord of Winterfell over Bran or Rickon if they show up.

Archived