Changes from the books you would like to see (Spoilers for books 1-5)

Humble Asskicker

Yes but why would Theon save a woman who he never met? And making Theon still be Reek and saving no one would be a huge change. It would make him never going to see Stannis, and if Bran really helped him, just a theory, Theon saving Jeyne was a huge proof of the grown of Bran's power. Plus what helped Theon remembering his name wasn't just regret, he knew Jeyne, she told him how beautiful he used to be, she was Sansa's friend, it was the closest for him to help a real Stark, what he didn't with Bran and Rickon. I think the fact that it was Jeyne and not Arya, or Talisa is very important to Theon's arc, changing it would be a huge loss. When Theon would look at Talisa he wouldn't seen Robb's wife, he never saw her with Robb, he never saw how much Robb loved her, he has no memories about her while he was Theon Greyjoy, not Reek. He would just look at her and see Talisa. He would never remember his name.

Redemption for betraying Robb in the first place and all the other things he's done?

I think Theon's connection to Jeyne Poole is often overstated. I think it's very clear in the novels that he barely knew or cared for her while they were in Winterfell. His main motivation in saving her was to save an innocent girl from the clutches of Ramsay, whose tortures Theon had an intimate knowledge of. He wanted redemption and thought this was a way to gain a small measure of it.

Substituting Talisa into that role would not change anything in terms of this motivation for Theon and in fact, there is an even bigger connection since she is the widow of the "brother" that he betrayed which would work strongly into his redemption arc.

I'm not saying this is the direction they will ultimately choose, but if it were me in charge (wishful thinking abounds), I would definitely make that alteration to the story because it helps me jettison the awful "fake Arya" storyline which would come off as confusing and illogical on screen because of Jeyne Poole never being introduced as a captive in King's Landing in the first place. As well, it puts a character into that spot that the audience knows and understands who would presumably have gained a fair amount of sympathy as a result of the RW so that they are more invested in her fate at the hands of Ramsay. I hated in the novels that I was supposed to suddenly care about Jeyne Poole so strongly when Martin had spent no time with her as a character prior to that and we get no idea of what is going on in her head outside of general shellshock (which appears to be her defining characteristic). It of course also helps me keep Talisa in play on the screen as opposed to have her rot in Riverrun with nothing to do for 3-4 seasons.

I don't like the idea of simply introducing a character like Jeyne Poole out of the blue as someone we were supposed to be aware of the whole time but never told about or shown (outside of two quick glimpses of an extra in the pilot episode of someone who could have really been anyone). If they wanted to include Jeyne Poole later on, they should have made a point of showing her friendship with Sansa in King's Landing as well as her capture at the time of Ned's arrest. Trying to bring her back later will be a massive retcon in the world of the show and would not be worth the hassle.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump

I think they may make some changes to the Tysha story, that may make it work better in the context of the show. It is introduced in Ep 1.9, and in there Shae says something to the effect of "You should have known she was a whore, no woman would sleep with a man shortly after escaping a rape attempt". So, I'm thinking TV!Tysha remains a prostitute, and instead Jaime tells Tyrion that dad has been tapping Shae for a long time. Tywin sends her away (has her killed off-screen?) and Tyrion goes looking for her wherever whores go.

I'll admit, this is a bit half-baked.

Bump

I think they may make some changes to the Tysha story, that may make it work better in the context of the show. It is introduced in Ep 1.9, and in there Shae says something to the effect of "You should have known she was a whore, no woman would sleep with a man shortly after escaping a rape attempt". So, I'm thinking TV!Tysha remains a prostitute, and instead Jaime tells Tyrion that dad has been tapping Shae for a long time. Tywin sends her away (has her killed off-screen?) and Tyrion goes looking for her wherever whores go.

I'll admit, this is a bit half-baked.

Urgh, please no.

Shae's word is not law. I'm sure there are girls out there who would sleep with someone after that experience. Sleeping with someone non-threatening like a shy 13 year old dwarf might even help.

They should not change Tysha/Tyrion story at all. That revelation is exactly what pushes him into killing Tywin. He's been convinced his whole life that nobody could genuinely love him for him and not his money, and the Tysha incident doubled that. Tyrion realising that there actually was someone who loved him genuinely, and his father denied him that out of spite - that's the final push to him grabbing the crossbow. Changing this story would drastically alter Tyrion's character for no real reason.

There are, however, many things that they can, and should change. I am not a book purist. There are parts of AFFC/ADWD that can be removed or improved, and there are definitely parts of it that simply won't transfer over to television well. So, let's make the following assumptions:

- AFFC/ADWD will be adapted together and the bulk of it condensed into a single season - Season 5. Some parts (eg. the Kingsmoot, parts of Arya's story) will be pushed into S4, while other parts may be held back until S6.

- Parts of TWoW will be moved to S5, and therefore S5 will climax (probably in episode 9) with the Battle of Winterfell.

Here are some changes that could be made:

- As others have said, have Talisa in Jeyne Pooles role - not masquerading as anyone, but being forcibly married to back up Ramsay's claim. This streamlines characters, ties up loose ends (ie. not having Talisa bum around in Riverrun for years), allows them to keep Ramsay's abuse (they would not be able to show a girl Arya's age being abused in the way Jeyne was - they would have to water it down. Putting Talisa in that role means the story can be as dark and psychologically harrowing as it is in the books), and in fact adds extra depth to Theon's redemption, with him saving the woman Robb loved, rather than just a friend of Sansa.

- Cut Quentyn from existence. This isn't a slight against him, I actually like him quite a lot. But he's irrelevant to the story, and takes up too much time. The only purpose he serves is freeing the dragons (just have them break out themselves), to explain why pro-Targaryen Martells won't support Dany, and to show that Doran is doing something. To solve the latter two, have Doran be aware of Aegon's existence. If Arianne is his only child, then his only hope for securing a marriage pact is with Aegon.

- Edit Tyrion's ADWD story quite a bit. Keep everything up to his capture by Jorah, but then cut Penny and the Tyrion-becomes-a-slave story completely. Instead, have him captured by Victarion (who recognises him as Tyrion, and therefore a potentially useful hostage). This streamlines the story greatly, as it streamlines two travelogues into one, and becomes more interesting. Victarion seems like he's going to be quite relevant to Dany's story, se he needs to be introduced and fleshed out. But nobody is going to care about him at first, especially if he's just travelling most of the season, and not interacting with any known characters. Putting him with fan-favourite Tyrion makes those scenes more interesting, and so gives the audience a chance to get to know Victarion without being bored. One potential issue with this is how important will the order of events be with Dany/Victarion/Tyrion meeting. If the plot requires that Dany meets Tyrion before Victarion, or vice versa, then you can always just have them become separated in all the chaos happening in Meereen.

- Instead of Brienne being given Oathkeeper and sent to find Sansa at the end of ASoS (what will be S4), keep her in Kings Landing for much longer. Her journey is 90% aimless wandering, it can be massively cut down. All she really needs to do is meet Pod and/or Hyle, possibly visit the Quiet Isle, and then get captured by the BWB. That can easily be fit into just the second half of S5. So keep her in KL until then - she can be sent away at the same time that Jaime is sent to the Riverlands. Also, this opens up a lot of great potential interactions - more Jaime/Brienne scenes, Brienne/Cersei interactions (and of course this amps up the quasi-love-triangle between Cersei/Jaime/Brienne and all the tensions that produces), Brienne/Loras (Renly callbacks!), etc... basically, Brienne staying in KL, amidst all the action, interacting with characters she has history and interesting relationships with, is much more exciting than watching her trapse circles around the Riverlands, in a subplot we alreayd know is doomed. She can fight Rorge and be captured by the BWB in episode 8, then be hung in episode 10, and that'll be a good cliffhanger (ep 10 also can end with Cersei's imprisonment, leaving her letter, the walk of shame, and Brienne retrieving Jaime for S6).

- Reduce Sam's time stuck on a boat, and emphasise his stay in Braavos. Move all the Aemon scenes there, move Sam working out the fate of Gilly's babe there, and instead of just meeting "Cat" once, have him strike up a friendship with her. Probably the biggest problem in adapting these books is how separate and isolated characters are, so when two characters cross paths, it's best to emphasise it, and keep them in the same location for as long as possible.

- Introduce Arianne alongside Oberyn in S4. Then de-emphasise Arys Oakheart and Areo Hotah. This gives the Dorne plot a single protagonist that we already know enough about to care about her.

- Instead of Davos being sent to treat with Manderly when Stannis goes to the Wall, have him come with Stannis to the Wall, stay there until Stannis leaves for Winterfell, then be sent to White Harbour. This way, Davos won't be off-screen (or on-screen, travelling and doing very little) for well over a season. He only has a couple of needed scenes in ADWD, so keep him on the Wall, interacting with other characters.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Basically, the main theme here is rectifying the fact that most of the characters in AFFC/ADWD are stuck in travelogues, wandering around, completely isolated from each other. Keep characters together and interacting with each other for as long as possible. Cut down on locations and pointless side-plots.

They should not change Tysha/Tyrion story at all. That revelation is exactly what pushes him into killing Tywin. He's been convinced his whole life that nobody could genuinely love him for him and not his money, and the Tysha incident doubled that. Tyrion realising that there actually was someone who loved him genuinely, and his father denied him that out of spite - that's the final push to him grabbing the crossbow. Changing this story would drastically alter Tyrion's character for no real reason.

There are, however, many things that they can, and should change. I am not a book purist. There are parts of AFFC/ADWD that can be removed or improved, and there are definitely parts of it that simply won't transfer over to television well. So, let's make the following assumptions:

- AFFC/ADWD will be adapted together and the bulk of it condensed into a single season - Season 5. Some parts (eg. the Kingsmoot, parts of Arya's story) will be pushed into S4, while other parts may be held back until S6.

- Parts of TWoW will be moved to S5, and therefore S5 will climax (probably in episode 9) with the Battle of Winterfell.

Here are some changes that could be made:

- As others have said, have Talisa in Jeyne Pooles role - not masquerading as anyone, but being forcibly married to back up Ramsay's claim. This streamlines characters, ties up loose ends (ie. not having Talisa bum around in Riverrun for years), allows them to keep Ramsay's abuse (they would not be able to show a girl Arya's age being abused in the way Jeyne was - they would have to water it down. Putting Talisa in that role means the story can be as dark and psychologically harrowing as it is in the books), and in fact adds extra depth to Theon's redemption, with him saving the woman Robb loved, rather than just a friend of Sansa.

- Cut Quentyn from existence. This isn't a slight against him, I actually like him quite a lot. But he's irrelevant to the story, and takes up too much time. The only purpose he serves is freeing the dragons (just have them break out themselves), to explain why pro-Targaryen Martells won't support Dany, and to show that Doran is doing something. To solve the latter two, have Doran be aware of Aegon's existence. If Arianne is his only child, then his only hope for securing a marriage pact is with Aegon.

- Edit Tyrion's ADWD story quite a bit. Keep everything up to his capture by Jorah, but then cut Penny and the Tyrion-becomes-a-slave story completely. Instead, have him captured by Victarion (who recognises him as Tyrion, and therefore a potentially useful hostage). This streamlines the story greatly, as it streamlines two travelogues into one, and becomes more interesting. Victarion seems like he's going to be quite relevant to Dany's story, se he needs to be introduced and fleshed out. But nobody is going to care about him at first, especially if he's just travelling most of the season, and not interacting with any known characters. Putting him with fan-favourite Tyrion makes those scenes more interesting, and so gives the audience a chance to get to know Victarion without being bored. One potential issue with this is how important will the order of events be with Dany/Victarion/Tyrion meeting. If the plot requires that Dany meets Tyrion before Victarion, or vice versa, then you can always just have them become separated in all the chaos happening in Meereen.

- Instead of Brienne being given Oathkeeper and sent to find Sansa at the end of ASoS (what will be S4), keep her in Kings Landing for much longer. Her journey is 90% aimless wandering, it can be massively cut down. All she really needs to do is meet Pod and/or Hyle, possibly visit the Quiet Isle, and then get captured by the BWB. That can easily be fit into just the second half of S5. So keep her in KL until then - she can be sent away at the same time that Jaime is sent to the Riverlands. Also, this opens up a lot of great potential interactions - more Jaime/Brienne scenes, Brienne/Cersei interactions (and of course this amps up the quasi-love-triangle between Cersei/Jaime/Brienne and all the tensions that produces), Brienne/Loras (Renly callbacks!), etc... basically, Brienne staying in KL, amidst all the action, interacting with characters she has history and interesting relationships with, is much more exciting than watching her trapse circles around the Riverlands, in a subplot we alreayd know is doomed. She can fight Rorge and be captured by the BWB in episode 8, then be hung in episode 10, and that'll be a good cliffhanger (ep 10 also can end with Cersei's imprisonment, leaving her letter, the walk of shame, and Brienne retrieving Jaime for S6).

- Reduce Sam's time stuck on a boat, and emphasise his stay in Braavos. Move all the Aemon scenes there, move Sam working out the fate of Gilly's babe there, and instead of just meeting "Cat" once, have him strike up a friendship with her. Probably the biggest problem in adapting these books is how separate and isolated characters are, so when two characters cross paths, it's best to emphasise it, and keep them in the same location for as long as possible.

- Introduce Arianne alongside Oberyn in S4. Then de-emphasise Arys Oakheart and Areo Hotah. This gives the Dorne plot a single protagonist that we already know enough about to care about her.

- Instead of Davos being sent to treat with Manderly when Stannis goes to the Wall, have him come with Stannis to the Wall, stay there until Stannis leaves for Winterfell, then be sent to White Harbour. This way, Davos won't be off-screen (or on-screen, travelling and doing very little) for well over a season. He only has a couple of needed scenes in ADWD, so keep him on the Wall, interacting with other characters.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Basically, the main theme here is rectifying the fact that most of the characters in AFFC/ADWD are stuck in travelogues, wandering around, completely isolated from each other. Keep characters together and interacting with each other for as long as possible. Cut down on locations and pointless side-plots.

Really like all of these. You read my mind on many of them.

I also see no point in introducing Aeron Greyjoy at all (he's a completely useless character). This would mean having the Kingsmoot stuff (presumably in S4) focused on Yara, Victarion and Euron who are the important Greyjoys.

You've got to find a way to make Dany's story interesting once she sets up shop in Meereen and I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Cross that bridge when they get to it I guess.

I'm also not sure how much Dorne stuff you can include without losing the audience. That whole Arianne/Myrcella/Arys Oakheart subplot is ten shades of terrible and doesn't accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things. I'd cut that right out but emphasize the discord in Dorne with why Doran is apparently not retaliating for anything before he ends up revealing his master plan later. Get the Sandsnakes who are important to the story involved, get Arianne seriously in conflict with Doran and relate it all back to why the Martell's aren't marching to war with King's Landing which is what the audience really cares about.

I'd like them to keep Lysa alive for a whole season of tv rather than kill her at the end of book 3.

I'd do the Dorne stuff by putting all of AFFC (Arianne's stuff) in one season climaxing with "fire and blood" and then all of Quentyn's stuff in the following season. If Oberyn is done well in Season 4 then hopefully the audience will be interested in the opening up of Dorne in future series. Also Areo Hotah is not going to be a character on tv.

Brienne's wandering around does give us some information about the state of the riverlands after the war and also the origins of the sparrows. I'd give some of her themes to Arya and the Hound in Season 4 to pad out this unlikely duo's storyline and streamline Brienne's.

That was my thinking as well. As for what changes, if any, will actually happen, we'll all just have to wait and see.

Talisa has no claim to Winterfell or the North whatsoever. Her marrying Ramsay would not back up his claim at all. That was why it was important that Jeyne was introduced as Arya, because the inheritance of Winterfell went as: Robb - Brandon - Rickon - Sansa (missing) - Arya. If Ramsay (or anybody else who wants the North) marries somebody who is not of the Stark blood, they gain no claim for it.

I like most of the other changes you propose, with the main thought that characters need to stay more connected to one another.

Areo Hotah is a way for us book readers to get introduced to Doran without going into his mind. Cut him from the show.

:agree: The dullest character ever.

Talisa has no claim to Winterfell or the North whatsoever. Her marrying Ramsay would not back up his claim at all. That was why it was important that Jeyne was introduced as Arya, because the inheritance of Winterfell went as: Robb - Brandon - Rickon - Sansa (missing) - Arya. If Ramsay (or anybody else who wants the North) marries somebody who is not of the Stark blood, they gain no claim for it.

But with Arya just as missing as Sansa, who else would the inheritance go to but the widow of the former lord? As others have said, was it not the same way that Ramsay claimed the Hornwood lands, by marrying Lord Hornwood's widow?

That said, I did realise after I posted that if there is no Fake!Arya plot, then Theon has absolutely no need to be taken out of the Dreadfort to Winterfell, as his job is solely to identify "Arya". As much as I would prefer Talisa in the Jeyne Poole role, I'm struggling to think about why Theon would even be in Winterfell that way.

Really like all of these. You read my mind on many of them.

I also see no point in introducing Aeron Greyjoy at all (he's a completely useless character). This would mean having the Kingsmoot stuff (presumably in S4) focused on Yara, Victarion and Euron who are the important Greyjoys.

Cheers. :) And yeah, I can see Aeron being introduced as a minor character, but I think Yara will be used to view the Iron Islands plot and introduce Victarion and Euron.

You've got to find a way to make Dany's story interesting once she sets up shop in Meereen and I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Cross that bridge when they get to it I guess.

Hopefully it won't be too bad if it's only spread over 1 season. And we'll see her epic escape on Drogon before the season's even up.

I'm also not sure how much Dorne stuff you can include without losing the audience. That whole Arianne/Myrcella/Arys Oakheart subplot is ten shades of terrible and doesn't accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things. I'd cut that right out but emphasize the discord in Dorne with why Doran is apparently not retaliating for anything before he ends up revealing his master plan later. Get the Sandsnakes who are important to the story involved, get Arianne seriously in conflict with Doran and relate it all back to why the Martell's aren't marching to war with King's Landing which is what the audience really cares about.

I think some kind of plot is needed to provide build-up for the "Vengance/Justice/Fire and blood" reveal, and the Myrcella plot provides that. Hopefully Arianne and Ellaria (and possibly some of the sand snakes) will be introduced in S4 and be well-written enough that the audience will be happy to see them in Dorne in S5.

But with Arya just as missing as Sansa, who else would the inheritance go to but the widow of the former lord? As others have said, was it not the same way that Ramsay claimed the Hornwood lands, by marrying Lord Hornwood's widow?

That said, I did realise after I posted that if there is no Fake!Arya plot, then Theon has absolutely no need to be taken out of the Dreadfort to Winterfell, as his job is solely to identify "Arya". As much as I would prefer Talisa in the Jeyne Poole role, I'm struggling to think about why Theon would even be in Winterfell that way.

I think some kind of plot is needed to provide build-up for the "Vengance/Justice/Fire and blood" reveal, and the Myrcella plot provides that. Hopefully Arianne and Ellaria (and possibly some of the sand snakes) will be introduced in S4 and be well-written enough that the audience will be happy to see them in Dorne in S5.

Lady Hornwood was aparently the only heir to the Hornwood lands. It was easy for the Lannisters to say they have found another heir and show them Jeyne/Arya.

I think they could find a reason for Theon to be there, might be just that Ramsay likes to play with him.

Still, how would they make Talisa marry Ramsay? She is loyal to Robb, she would not marry the bastard of his betrayer (except if she is a spy, of course).

About Dorne, I think they can probably just cast Arianne, Oberyn, Doran and maybe one of the Sand Snakes, or even Arianne takes all their roles. We do not need like 4 of them or so.

With the whole can real Tulisa = fake Arya idea and the whole would Theon be in Winterfell debate they can just explain it on tv in a way that sounds convincing but doesn't stand up to legal scrutiny.

It's tv - you have to suspend your disbelief at some parts. If they said Theon as Ned's Ward is the closest we have to Rob's family member and therefore has the honour of walking Tulisa down the aisle in order to be married to Ramsey Bolton who will love her and cherish her forever and help her through her grief for Robb - then I'd buy that as a reasonable explanation.

As shocking as Tyrion killing Shae would be, this scenario might actually work and would make sense. Perhaps they could use Ros in place of Shae dying in Tywin's bed.

The show is giving Tyrion a more noble disposition. I think it's more likely Tywin will have Shae hung, after she refuses to testify at his trial. Tyrion will kill his dad out of revenge. Doubt they'd even bring Tysha back up again. Too far a call back to go from season 4 to 1

I also like the changes singled out by the_void above, though I would be cautious as it seems too early for me to make predictions. We don't know how they will change Dany's plot where they have quite a bit of leeway and that may change everything. We also don't know the significance of some plot points, the above mentioned "Tyrion-Victarion order of arrival at Chez Dany's" for example. Or how the Volantene slave revolt will turn out. They emphasized Volantis already with Talisa, for example.

So instead of making plot predictions, I would just (try to) reiterate your points, namely:

1) Couple new characters with existing ones (i.e. Tyrion with Victarion, have Arianne come to Kings Landing in Season 4).

2) Emphasize a few locations and have characters stay there instead of the nondescript countryside (Brienne in King's Landing). Character interaction is one of the strong points of Game of Thrones, so play that one up if you can.

That said, I hope they don't cut Penny, their story offers an interesting look into Tyrion's Psyche. Namely how he brings himself to "love" someone "ugly", after all, book!Tyrion needs the knocking down despite being looked down upon for his entire life ;) (Elsewise, have Shae escape with Tyrion and then being used by Victarion, either way, bring in a women into that equation).

I personally like Dorne and thus I'm not as afraid as some people seem to be of their inclusion. They bring in a new set of protagonists to root for. I also like Quentyn, though I do see the stacks set against his inclusion. Though maybe there's still something to come for him. Depending on their timeline (how many seasons) and the emphasis they want to put on Volantis, I could see him being included something like this: Episode 1 - at Doran's court with Arianne, [maybe Episode 3 - at Volantis, meeting Jorah (and Marwyn/or Talisa's Family?)], Episode 8 - with Dany, Episode 10 - freeing the Dragons). But yes, probably cut ;)

I personally like Dorne and thus I'm not as afraid as some people seem to be of their inclusion. They bring in a new set of protagonists to root for. I also like Quentyn, though I do see the stacks set against his inclusion. Though maybe there's still something to come for him. Depending on their timeline (how many seasons) and the emphasis they want to put on Volantis, I could see him being included something like this: Episode 1 - at Doran's court with Arianne, [maybe Episode 3 - at Volantis, meeting Jorah (and Marwyn/or Talisa's Family?)], Episode 8 - with Dany, Episode 10 - freeing the Dragons). But yes, probably cut ;)

I think Dorne and Quentyn will remain and I think they can pull it off like this

Season 4 we'll be introduced to Dorne through the uber-cool Oberyn.

Season 5 we'll get all of Arianne and Doran's story from AFFC, (yes I know this is parallel to Quentyn) and it's not that interesting until we get the amazing moment of Blood and Fire as we realise that Doran is playing the game of thrones all along, also we'll get introduced to the idea of Quentyn and what he is doing.

Season 6 we get a (not necessarily the) full Quentyn story which cuminates in him not stopping the wedding and then being killed releasing the dragons. I think it is an important moment for Dany as it is an opportunity for her to get out but of Essos before she is married in.

Season 7 we can go back to Arianne and Doran again and the furthering of their plans in KL with the sand vipers.

I dont quite get the whole Talisa as FakeArya idea, when it's rather obvious to me we already have a future Fake-Stark-daughter character : it's Ros.

Substitute Arya with Sansa, add a proclaimed annulment of Tyrion-Sansa wedding (on grounds of non-consummation and treason) and when Sansa disappears, all Cersei has to do is hush it and let Littlefinger provide another red-head fresh out of a brothel to send to Ramsay. Someone from the north, that Theon knows, and would be motivated to save.

As for Talisa, let her die at the RW, it'll add a touch of tragic.

Lady Hornwood was aparently the only heir to the Hornwood lands. It was easy for the Lannisters to say they have found another heir and show them Jeyne/Arya.

But if Arya is missing (presumed dead), and acknowledged as dead by the Lannisters&co, then surely Talisa would then be the only heir to the Stark lands?

Still, how would they make Talisa marry Ramsay? She is loyal to Robb, she would not marry the bastard of his betrayer (except if she is a spy, of course).

Intense psychological and physical torture intended to break her will? Ramsay made Theon into "Reek", terrified of him yet also unquestionably loyal. He could "convince" Talisa to do as he says as well. I don't think anyone would blame her for relenting after spending months in Ramsay's dungeons.

About Dorne, I think they can probably just cast Arianne, Oberyn, Doran and maybe one of the Sand Snakes, or even Arianne takes all their roles. We do not need like 4 of them or so.

Probably only two will be actual characters - Sarella/Alleras in Oldtown, and whoever goes to spy in KL.

I think they could find a reason for Theon to be there, might be just that Ramsay likes to play with him.

It's tv - you have to suspend your disbelief at some parts. If they said Theon as Ned's Ward is the closest we have to Rob's family member and therefore has the honour of walking Tulisa down the aisle in order to be married to Ramsey Bolton who will love her and cherish her forever and help her through her grief for Robb - then I'd buy that as a reasonable explanation.

These make sense.

That said, I hope they don't cut Penny, their story offers an interesting look into Tyrion's Psyche. Namely how he brings himself to "love" someone "ugly", after all, book!Tyrion needs the knocking down despite being looked down upon for his entire life ;) (Elsewise, have Shae escape with Tyrion and then being used by Victarion, either way, bring in a women into that equation).

I like Penny too, but it's difficult to introduce a new character at such a point. With Jorah and possibly Victarion around, I don't think we'd see enough Tyrion/Penny scenes for it to be worth it. I don't see Shae being around after S4. Whether Tyrion kills her as in the books, or she's killed or sent away by Tywin, she won't be with Tyrion. He's a suicidal mess throughout ADWD, and I don't see him being in that same state if Shae was around.

But if Arya is missing (presumed dead), and acknowledged as dead by the Lannisters&co, then surely Talisa would then be the only heir to the Stark lands?

She is not acknowledged as dead. That is why it was so easy for them to produce another fake Arya in the books.

Talisa is not an heir. I have no idea how Lady Hornwood could be lady in her own rights, but Talisa does not have that. She is only Robb's wife.

Intense psychological and physical torture intended to break her will? Ramsay made Theon into "Reek", terrified of him yet also unquestionably loyal. He could "convince" Talisa to do as he says as well. I don't think anyone would blame her for relenting after spending months in Ramsay's dungeons.

I do not know about that. Seems to much of a plot to go for a character that is not even in the books and not really important after the Freys betray Robb.

Probably only two will be actual characters - Sarella/Alleras in Oldtown, and whoever goes to spy in KL.

I agree that this would be the most sensible.

Archived