The Three Queens...

OberynBlackfyre

Upon reading an Alayne/Sansa chapter, she is having a conversation with Littlefinger and the state of things in the rest of the kingdoms. Their conversation then turns into the repercussions from "The war of five kings", but then Littlefinger says "it may not survive the three queens." And though Sansa gave a look that wanted an answer to what he meant, he did not explain what he meant at all....

It seems that Littlefinger is playing a game of queens, though who are the three queens in his mind?? The obvious answer I would feel is Dany, Margery, Cersei. Though I do not feel that Littlefinger invests much in the thought of Dany coming back to westeros....

Also, it seems like Varys is playing the game of Kings and trying to crown one himself, but are he and Littlefinger bedfellows? I would think not only because they have never shown anything but contempt for each other in the books or the shows, however I feel that's exactly what they would do in order to throw people off....

I think Littlefinger knows some of Vary's plans which leads him to move as boldly as he deems necessary. The 3 queens is a good point because I am not sure how much LF knows about Dany, he was only interested in her when advocating he murder. Rumor of her dragons have reached Westeros however and it makes sense that he would know and assume she is on her way. I don't think its a coincidence that he didn't want to go to Harrenhall with his bride where he holds his lordship but instead go to the Eyrie. Its a lot safer there when the storm comes.

Because everyone in Westeros seems to dismiss Dany and the dragons, I thought the three queens could be (1) Cersei, Margaery, and "The Queen of Thornes," who's quite the player, or (2) Cersei, Margaery, and Asha, who was competing to be Queen of the Ironborn and causing trouble by invading the North, etc.

But in fact I've wondered who the third queen is.

I think Littlefinger knows some of Vary's plans which leads him to move as boldly as he deems necessary. The 3 queens is a good point because I am not sure how much LF knows about Dany, he was only interested in her when advocating he murder. Rumor of her dragons have reached Westeros however and it makes sense that he would know and assume she is on her way. I don't think its a coincidence that he didn't want to go to Harrenhall with his bride where he holds his lordship but instead go to the Eyrie. Its a lot safer there when the storm comes.

your thoughts about Harrenhall raises my "spider sense". Harren built Harrenhall because he thought it would be the safest, largest castle, protecting him from everything. Maybe Littlefinger is thinking the same? He feels he is safe in the Eyrie, however, cannot dragons fly? :P

I think the third queen is Sansa and that LF plans to make her Queen in the North.

Dany has nothing to do with LF. Though he is probably aware of her, there is little he can do at this stage to manipulate or control her. Whereas with Cersei, Marg and Sansa, LF has immediate influence over them so that is who I think he is referring to.

I think the third queen is Sansa and that LF plans to make her Queen in the North.

Dany has nothing to do with LF. Though he is probably aware of her, there is little he can do at this stage to manipulate or control her. Whereas with Cersei, Marg and Sansa, LF has immediate influence over them so that is who I think he is referring to.

I don't think it would make sense for Littlefinger to make Sansa Queen in the North because he wants to be in control of the entire realm and giving Sansa half of it will only bring more obstacles. I think that it's far more likely that he'll try to marry her to Aegon...in which case she will be a third queen...hmmm...interesting...

Since Sansa was not Queen at the time this comment was made, I'm going to disregard her as the third Queen. The Queen of Thorns seems a likely contender, but... wasn't there some business with LF, Cersei, tapestries, and Targaryens? I think that LF has probably heard about the dragons whatever the case, and I think he's the sort to take something like this seriously enough to do a little research?

I don't think it would make sense for Littlefinger to make Sansa Queen in the North because he wants to be in control of the entire realm and giving Sansa half of it will only bring more obstacles. I think that it's far more likely that he'll try to marry her to Aegon...in which case she will be a third queen...hmmm...interesting...

truly, this is what i think will happen. (aegon and sansa)

Really? I think it makes perfect sense and I think that it is obvious that this is what he is up to. He will use Sansa to claim the North as Robb's heir, the Riverlands as her mother's heir and the Vale via her marriage to Harry and the future offspring from that union. Once Sansa has these regions in the bag, Harry will meet with an unfortunate accident and LF will step in to marry the grieving widow. Not that I think that this will go according to plan, but I am pretty sure that this is what LF has in mind for himself and Sansa.

Really? I think it makes perfect sense and I think that it is obvious that this is what he is up to. He will use Sansa to claim the North as Robb's heir, the Riverlands as her mother's heir and the Vale via her marriage to Harry and the future offspring from that union. Once Sansa has these regions in the bag, Harry will meet with an unfortunate accident and LF will step in to marry the grieving widow. Not that I think that this will go according to plan, but I am pretty sure that this is what LF has in mind for himself and Sansa.

That does make sense I suppose...meh. I don't know.

I think they are:

1) Margaery

2) Cersei

3) Dany

As Margaery and Cersei are the queens on one side with Tommen being too young to rule, and the other side will be Dany and her dragons. Littlefinger may have left out any kings (Euron, Stannis, etc) when he said it.

Since Sansa was not Queen at the time this comment was made, I'm going to disregard her as the third Queen. The Queen of Thorns seems a likely contender, but... wasn't there some business with LF, Cersei, tapestries, and Targaryens? I think that LF has probably heard about the dragons whatever the case, and I think he's the sort to take something like this seriously enough to do a little research?

Is she not? The North still hasn't bent the knee, and Jon is still considered a bastard. Therefore, Sansa has claim to the throne.

But regardless, LF has gotten sloppy with Sansa around. He's made his plans and moves more obvious as he teaches her the game/tries to impress her. He loves boasting to her. And with his perception of Sansa remaining a pawn, he's basically assuming that she will become the queen he is planning her to be. Saying "three queens" and referring to Sansa is very much something a boasting LF would say.

I think the queens are Sansa, Cersei, and Margaery. Mainly because they are tearing the kingdom apart. Sansa would take the Vale, RIverlands, and North, Margaery will take the Reach, Dorne, and Stormlands, and Cersei is the catalyst that lets all the splitting to happen.

I do like the idea that LF is playing a game of Queens while Varys is playing a game of Kings. I DO NOT think they are working together, but it's an interesting take on their plans.

LF is trying to gain Westeros with Marriage and alliances through the women and "Queens" of the nobles and previous alliances, while Varys is trying to take Westeros with with warfare, conquering, and lost Kings.

ETA: spelling corrections

Cersei and Margaery are 1 and 2.

#3 could either be Olenna the Queen Of Thorns at court, Myrcella the briefly crowned queen in Dorne whose maiming may yet still drag Dorne into the war, or Dany the Queen In Exile. Since Myrcella is not a player in Westeros and Dany has yet to even come on to the playing field, while Olenna is right in the mix (and Littlefinger has done business with her) LF most likely is referring to the Queen Of Thorns. Regardless of what LF's long term plan for Sansa is, she is nowhere near being a Queen of any sort. Not yet anyway. Olenna makes the most sense as one of the three queens causing chaos that needs to be "survived" by the realm.

Let's not overthink it.

The 3 queens is a good point because I am not sure how much LF knows about Dany, he was only interested in her when advocating he murder.

I don't think its a coincidence that he didn't want to go to Harrenhall with his bride where he holds his lordship but instead go to the Eyrie. Its a lot safer there when the storm comes.

LF is devious. I took his disinterest to be interest. There's nothing to say that he hasn't sent some of his people over to spy on Dany. Varys did it. LF had spies in the Queen's bed, who's to say he doesn't have any in Dany's court? (Crackpot: Daario is the fourth Kettleblack son. LF has a spy in two Queens beds lol!)

Even if he never needed to go to the Vale, I doubt LF would have ever set foot in Harrenhall. It seems to me that most of his work is business. He runs things from afar, and does not need to be present to make things happen. Besides his big moves, of course. Becoming the Lord of HH was a step. He never actually needed to go/live there. It let him wed Lysa, that's it. For all he cares, it can be burned melted by dragons again.

I love the idea of the Game of Queens v the Game of Kings. I definitely believe that Varys and LF are on opposing sides, or at least, are playing against one another. Who knows if they'll end up on the same side or not in the end.

I think Dany and Cersei are definites. LF had just had word from Braavos via Oswell travelling on the Merling King and it appears to be what has prompted his 3 queens line. What he's learnt there you'd have to think relates to Dany, and Cersei currently rules the land when he says the 3 queens and the High Septon appears to be Varys' man with LF having no part in that whole play.

The other queen could be Myrcella, perhaps he expects Dorne to crown her in response to Oberyn's death and could have had information regarding Arianne's plots.

It could be Sansa, but it seems he believes the 3 queens to be an imminent occurance, and it doesn't seem like he's ready to play his hand with Sansa so soon.

Or Margaery or the QOT, QOT's I think is the most likely.

I can understand that people would think it's the Queen of Thorns, however the name is only a nickname of hers, as she is no true queen, and doesn't even like being called that. I would almost even discount Margery because I feel like she herself has not caused any discord between the realm or really effected anything (to a certain degree).

On the same token, neither has Sansa, but she is in a way, in a better position to make something happen more than any of them.

Nothing is certain in ASoIaF, but for the sake of argument, I would say Cersei and Margaery are the two definites. We've already seen their war rage in King's Landing, with Tyrells an Lannisters all but openly at eachother's throats. Tarly and Tyrell mobilize their forces to move on King's Landing immediately after Margaery's imprisonment.

The third is potentially Daenerys, Sansa, or Myrcella.

Daenerys is not my pick because I personally don't think she's ever coming back to Westeros and if this is correct, LF would probably know it. But she's also had 0 impact on the events of Westeros at the time Cersei was playing against Margaery, so I can't imagine her being one.

Myrcella is out as well because she was never crowned. Although she did have principals making moves with the intent of crowning her, it was a very small contingent of the Dornish and it never materialized. It's also been permanently put to bed. So she doesn't seem likely.

Sansa's my pick because it would be classic Littlefinger style. There are already moves being made on her behalf. Alliances are being formed and pieces are being placed. Enemies are being allowed to wipe each other out to make their interests ripe for the taking. But none of this is being done openly. There's no one running around screaming that she is the queen. Yet half the kingdom has already all but fallen into her lap and they haven't really had to do a damn thing to make it happen. That's classic Littlefinger. It seems llkely she'll marry Harry, but only to get an heir and off him to open her up for someone else. I don't see her with him in the endgame. I think Edrick Storm might be a candidate. It doesn't matter he's a bastard, no more than it did that Robert's claim was tenuous. Robert was a charismatic king, known for his generous and peaceful rule. Finally marrying the stag and the direwolf, with the heir looking exactly like his dad, would be pretty appealing for the realm.

Archived