Visiting London from 6th to 9th of October

My boyfriend and I are going to stay in London from 6th of October to 9th of October. We two would be really happy to have a beer or two with some fellow board members.

Our schedule is pretty flexible so I am sure that we could find a date. It would be pretty nice to meet some of you guys in person :-)

Unfortunately university is already going to start at 15th of October again :-(

No, I am just there as plain old tourist. I have never been to London so I am really looking forward towards it.

So late! I started back last week. Or are you not from England? Too lazy to look at profile :lol:

So late! I started back last week. Or are you not from England? Too lazy to look at profile :lol:

No I am from Germany. Our university system is a bit different concerning starting dates even after the implementation of the Bologna process

Targh, saturday is a bit problematic because we have to get up on 3 am in the morning in order to catch our plane, so presumably we will be pretty tired in the evening. Are Sunday, Monday or Tuesday a possible option for you?

What kind of stuff are you planning on doing?

Oh, the usual tourist stuff, the Tower etc. Given our interests we will especially focus on the historical sights and less on art galleries or such. My academical field is conflict, terrorism and counterinsurgency so I´m looking forward towards the Imperial War Museum. I also have loved gardening and exotic plants since early childhood so I am sure that I will love Kew Gardens.

Monday or Tuesday might work but unfortunately the weekend is not doable for me.

Tuesday would be perfect for us. Targh, any chance that you can make it, too?

Oh, the usual tourist stuff, the Tower etc. Given our interests we will especially focus on the historical sights and less on art galleries or such. My academical field is conflict, terrorism and counterinsurgency so I´m looking forward towards the Imperial War Museum.

i did a bit of that in my War Studies BA over at King's College. I believe they do an MA in terrorism and counterinsurgency as well...fascinating stuff.

Anyway! Imperial War Museum is a must see. It's massive though and I couldn't do it all properly in one day!

Perfect! Tuesday would be the best option for us, but Monday is also a possibility.

Btw, does someone know where the "likes" have gone?

The board was down most of yesterday because the table that maintains who has liked what is bloated and buggy. It was a choice of deactivate the likes or no board. There is a post about it in the help section.

So I think we have determined a date, Tuesday 9 October. Now we need a venue. Whereabouts in London are you staying? Or where will you be on that day?

Also I recommend editing your first post of this thread to put the date in the thread title. You need to select "full edit" to be able to amend the title.

The board was down most of yesterday because the table that maintains who has liked what is bloated and buggy. It was a choice of deactivate the likes or no board. There is a post about it in the help section.

So I think we have determined a date, Tuesday 9 October. Now we need a venue. Whereabouts in London are you staying? Or where will you be on that day?

Also I recommend editing your first post of this thread to put the date in the thread title. You need to select "full edit" to be able to amend the title.

I actually already have edited the thread title. Don´t you see the amended version?

On Tuesday at 3am our bus to Stansted will depart at Gloucester Place. We have decided not to book a room for this night, instead we plan to stay awake which is better than sleeping two or three hours and then waking the whole dorm in the middle of the night.

So maybe there is a nice little pub in the vicinity of Gloucester place where we can meet?

On Tuesday at 3am

I presume you mean Wednesday morning at 3 am, otherwise by Tuesday evening you'll be long gone? If you are leaving early Tuesday morning then we really need to be arranging something for Monday evening.

Either way I think you've made a smart decision to stay awake for a couple of hours after they kick us out the pub, although I highly doubt anyone else will be able to stay that late.

I presume you mean Wednesday morning at 3 am, otherwise by Tuesday evening you'll be long gone? If you are leaving early Tuesday morning then we really need to be arranging something for Monday evening.

Either way I think you've made a smart decision to stay awake for a couple of hours after they kick us out the pub, although I highly doubt anyone else will be able to stay that late.

Argh, no I am actually a complete idiot who has not mastered basic thinking in a foreign language yet. I was so caught up in the difference between a.m. and p.m that I actually chose the wrong date :-) So of course, we will depart on Wednesday at 3.am.

Archived