5 Things Which Will Happen in WOW

Hustle

Number 1: UnCat Sacrifices her lifeforce to resurrect Jon Snow.

Reasons: Berric D was resurrected 7 times, and Uncat once. These are the only CONFIRMED characters to have been resurrected by the Lord of Light. UnCat has to be around for a reason. Her life has to have meaning other then just revenge. A vision of a hero battling the others with blue skin and red eyes could refer to Jon. Both UnCat and Berric remained with visable malformadies after being resurrected. I believe Jon is dead and will be kept in an ice cell, keeping him cold and turning his skin a cool blue. So far, the only charactor alive who we know can resurrect people is Thoros, (but we may be able to assume if Berric did it to Cat, UnCat could do it for another.) There is no reason we should believe Melisandre can do this for Jon. UnCat has to be here for a reason. I believe she will head to the wall and resurrect Jon, setting the stage for ADFS.

Number 2: Willas Tyrell and Arianne Martell will be married.

Reason: The heir to Highgarden and the heir to Dorne. Arianne is heading to meet Aegon and we learned from a WOW reading that Highgarden is sending forces to meet Aegon as well. To battle or to join? Both Highgarden and Dorne were loyal to the Targs during Robert's Rebellion, both Willas and Arianne are single and it is possible that a joining of these two will unite 2 of the 7 kingdoms behind Aegon. In book 3 we learn a great deal about Willas, why? We learn that Willas and the Red Viper sent messages back and forth between each other, why? I don't think Aegon and Arianne will marry, which leaves Willas as the most likely and intersting prospect.

Number 3: LittleFinger will die, as the Epilogue POV.

Other then Varys, who I believe will survive the entire series, he is the character who has motivations which can only be explained in a POV. Does he only desire a younger version of Cat? What are his ultimate goals? We can't trust what he says, so we will have to see what he thinks. Sansa has been beat up and degraded for 5 books, she will make her move in WOW. She will out LittleFinger, LittleFinger and be responsible for his death. Why this book and not the next? I don't see the final lines in ASOFAI being a minor-ish character. LF's purpose is to train Sansa to be a player, and her final test will be killing her former teacher.

Number 4: Ned Starks Mother is on Skaggos.

Little and less is known about Ned Starks mother. Little and less is known about Skaggos. In a series where there is so much made of family, why nothing on a character with such strong ties to so many key characters. She is living on Skaggos and has been sheltering Rickon and Osha for the last 3 books. So what? Why is she important? Two reasons. I believe she may not only be sheltering one of her grandchildren, I wouldn't be surprised if she was sheltering one of her children (Benjin Stark) I believe Ned Stark raised a child of one of his siblings and now Benjin Stark will take it upon himself to do the same. The other reason, more still needs to be explained on the magic which the Starks have. Some has been made of it, but I believe Ned Starks mother is the only person who can explain what Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Arya, and Jon have all experianced throughout the series.

Number 5: The Wall will Fall.

The watch now has no Lord Commander and there will be civil war, not to mention the wildlings causing trouble. Just from a story standpoint: how can there be conflict or danger when there is a huge wall blocking them. The wall will need to fall in order for the others to have any kind of threat on Westeros. It may be the horn or it could be a dragon, but by the end of the 6th book, the wall will come down.

#1 - No way, Uncat hated Jon Snow when she was alive, and now she has gotten worse. Besides her main goal is revenge, she will stay in the Riverlands to harass the Frey's and that's where she'll probably die.

#2 - Possible.

#3 - Possible, but he's played the game well and I see him lasting on until the last book.

#4 - I thought GRRM said she was dead, and we don't know anything of her heritage. Besides the mother wouldn't necessarily know anything about warging, I don't think the abilities appear in every generation. Benjen would never abandon his brothers, he is either dead or trapped up North.

#5 - Most likely.

These 5 theories are not based on nothing, they are based on a logical progression of a story. If you look at the 5 books not as seperate, but as 1 large story, there are a couple common threads which exsist. Relationships changing, alliances of marriage, and family being the most important thing to most characters.

Theory 1: UnCate reviving Jon. I have had this idea in my head for a long time. Why would GRRM, or simply the author, bring this character back. Why not Robb? Turn Robb into an undead revenge seeking King of the North? This character, Uncat, has to serve a purpose to the story. She was a major character throughout the first 3 books, and is the only major character to die and be brought back. I thought this theory was simple. I know Jon and Cat never got along, that is what makes it perfect. I don't know if it will be Bran, or possibly Arya or Benjin and Rickon, but something will change for Lady Stonehart. I believe this character will end with self sacrifice. Jon, to me, made the most sense. Cat, above all else, was a mother in this series. I don't see GRRM bringing her back just to seek revenge and do nothing of worth for the rest of the story.

Theory 2: Also, this one seemed easy to me. You have the heirs of two kingdoms, most likely meeting up with the once and future king. There needs to be some kind of alliance made between Dorne and Highgarden. The North, Riverlands, Vale, and Iron Islands are all doing their own thing. Storm's End has fallen, and Casterly Rock is where I see this alliance attacking next. Again, as part of a story why send Arianne to Aegon and why introduce Willas Tyrell if not to serve a purpose. Some things in storys are placed as Red Herrings, I believe Willas Tyrell and his connection to the Red Viper was not one of them.

Theory 3: No one can predict who will be in the Prologue or Epilogue, but I really think that Varys and Littlefinger can only have their motivations expressed in a POV chapter.

Theory 4: As far as I have read, nothing has been definitavly stated about Ned Starks mother. I don't think the series will go 7 books and 10,000 pages without mention of such an important character. As for Benjin, we don't really know a lot about him. We don't know why he is in the NW. Lyanna, Brandon, and Ned all seemed to be very different. How do we know Benjin wouldn't leave the Night's Watch to protect the son of his brother. Not craven, honor. That's one thing all Starks have in ample load, honor. Ned fortook his honor to raise Lyanna's Jon, Benjin may fortake his honor to riase Ned's Rickon. Didn't Jon think about doing the same, even rode pretty far from the wall before his friends brought him back in Book 1. Again, a character's purpose. Why not include info about the mother? Why never mention more about Benjin? This theory may have a few holes, but I bet there is more then 1 Stark waiting for Davos on Skaggos.

Theory 5. This is simple, incredibly simple. For the others to be any kind of threat at all, the wall needs to come down. The only other idea would be if they went the other way around. Like around the globe, other way around.

#1: I bet everything that I have that UnCat will at least be involved with the revival of Jon Snow, if he's actually dead.

#2: Arianne will marry Aegon probably as I predict and unexpected marriage for Daenerys like Jon Snow or something like that.

#3: Sansa killing Littlefinger is something that will definitely happen as GRRM has been preparing her character for something big for 5 books already. I really think that she will become one of the best players of this Game of Thrones.

#4: Maester Luwin sent Rickon with Osha for a reason. I really think there is someone else, Stark or Stark-related at Skagos. I also think that Rickon will come back as a beast even though he is so young.

#5: The wall represents the only defense the South has against the White Walkers I do believe that is coming down but I bet that that is going to be the Epilogue of the Winds of Winter in order to set the stage for the last book.

Theory #2 to me seems the most logical. In the Arrianne haper from WOW, she already seems to be skeptical about Aegon and i will assume she's pro-dany. Also if the Tyrells do come i have a feeling aegon and joncon & co. Will flee. I dont know why but i feel it could happen. Then Martell and Tyrell will come together and support Dany since she seems the one and true heir.

The wall falling is a definite. Ill be totally disappointed if it doesn't.

1) I think is will take long time before UnCat would get the opportunity to do this, and Jons revival won't happen so late, I think.

2) I see this happen, but only in the end of the series (during the last half of DoS, or maybe just mentioned in the last chapter.

3) I don't think so. I have this feeling that LittleFinger will survive at least until the last half of DoS. Also, if I am correct in 5), he can't be the WoW epilogue.

4) Possible, but why would she leave her family before, and why havn't the stark children heard of her before?

5) I think the Wall will fall in the epilogue, and that the epilogue character will be Pyp or Grenn or Bowen Marsh.

My opinions only:

1) UnCat is a creature of revenge and hate. She won't leave the Riverlands until the Freys are taken care of. She's more a supporting character in Brienne and Jaime's arc.

2) I think Willas will have his hands full with the Ironborn on the Mander. Plus, Doran is wanting to overthrow the Lannisters, and the Tyrells are now 'married in'. As it stands right now, Margaery's sons will be kings...there's too much at stake to proffer an alliance with Dorne.

3) I have mixed feelings on this...Littlefinger is very very clever, but I think he is leaving his flanks unguarded, thinking that Sansa needs him, trusts him, or fears him too much to turn on him. I think the worst possible thing that could happen to him is to be stripped of power and be sent back to the Fingers.

4) Possibly. I would have thought that a living grandmother would have been one of the options Arya/Sansa thought of as far as where she could flee to.

5) I do agree that the Wall falls by the end of book 6.

Reasons: Berric D was resurrected 7 times, and Uncat once. These are the only CONFIRMED characters to have been resurrected by the Lord of Light. UnCat has to be around for a reason. Her life has to have meaning other then just revenge. A vision of a hero battling the others with blue skin and red eyes could refer to Jon. Both UnCat and Berric remained with visable malformadies after being resurrected. I believe Jon is dead and will be kept in an ice cell, keeping him cold and turning his skin a cool blue. So far, the only charactor alive who we know can resurrect people is Thoros, (but we may be able to assume if Berric did it to Cat, UnCat could do it for another.) There is no reason we should believe Melisandre can do this for Jon. UnCat has to be here for a reason. I believe she will head to the wall and resurrect Jon, setting the stage for ADFS.

Reason: The heir to Highgarden and the heir to Dorne. Arianne is heading to meet Aegon and we learned from a WOW reading that Highgarden is sending forces to meet Aegon as well. To battle or to join? Both Highgarden and Dorne were loyal to the Targs during Robert's Rebellion, both Willas and Arianne are single and it is possible that a joining of these two will unite 2 of the 7 kingdoms behind Aegon. In book 3 we learn a great deal about Willas, why? We learn that Willas and the Red Viper sent messages back and forth between each other, why? I don't think Aegon and Arianne will marry, which leaves Willas as the most likely and intersting prospect.

Other then Varys, who I believe will survive the entire series, he is the character who has motivations which can only be explained in a POV. Does he only desire a younger version of Cat? What are his ultimate goals? We can't trust what he says, so we will have to see what he thinks. Sansa has been beat up and degraded for 5 books, she will make her move in WOW. She will out LittleFinger, LittleFinger and be responsible for his death. Why this book and not the next? I don't see the final lines in ASOFAI being a minor-ish character. LF's purpose is to train Sansa to be a player, and her final test will be killing her former teacher.

Little and less is known about Ned Starks mother. Little and less is known about Skaggos. In a series where there is so much made of family, why nothing on a character with such strong ties to so many key characters. She is living on Skaggos and has been sheltering Rickon and Osha for the last 3 books. So what? Why is she important? Two reasons. I believe she may not only be sheltering one of her grandchildren, I wouldn't be surprised if she was sheltering one of her children (Benjin Stark) I believe Ned Stark raised a child of one of his siblings and now Benjin Stark will take it upon himself to do the same. The other reason, more still needs to be explained on the magic which the Starks have. Some has been made of it, but I believe Ned Starks mother is the only person who can explain what Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Arya, and Jon have all experianced throughout the series.

The watch now has no Lord Commander and there will be civil war, not to mention the wildlings causing trouble. Just from a story standpoint: how can there be conflict or danger when there is a huge wall blocking them. The wall will need to fall in order for the others to have any kind of threat on Westeros. It may be the horn or it could be a dragon, but by the end of the 6th book, the wall will come down.

1) Lady Stoneheart would probably never leave the Riverlands while there are still Freys and Lannisters running around. Even if she did, she'd deal first with House Lannister in the West or Bolton in the North. She's not thinking about Jon in any positive new light.

2) Interesting... Plus, it will drive Mace Tyrell up the wall.

3) Didn't GRRM say LF is never going to be a POV character?

4) I just don't see the evidence for Ned's mother being more likely from Skaggos than from one of the mainland Northern houses.

5) Most likely.

I just thought about something. What if UnCat interrupts the execution of Theon (with the help of Jaime and Brienne) and kidnaps him in order to fulfill her revenge against him(as she thinks he really killed Bran and Rickon). As far as how UnCat would know the location of Theon, Thoros is a red priest so he is able to see the future in his fires.

1. No

2. No

3. Might

4. No (GRR had confirmed in an interview that Ned Stark's mother is dead.)

5. Most likely

1.I don’t think that’s likely. As CBroome1979 pointed out, she is a creature of vengeance. Although, If Jaime lies to her and tells her that “Arya” is in Winterfell, she might sacrifice her life for Jon’s in order for him to protect Arya. However, if the ritual requires proximity, I don’t see it happening – the BWB is too far away from the Wall, and there’s the small matter of the Neck in the middle of that road.

2.With the Lannisters in disarray (Kevan dead, Jaime lost, Cersei disgraced) and a possibility of a Dragon returning, I don’t think that it would be that difficult to imagine the Tyrells changing sides. Besides, we’ve already seen that the Tyrells aren’t as monolithic as they seem – remember how the Queen of Thorns spoke about her son in front of Sansa. So, there’s probably much inter-family politics as well here – and we don’t really know where Willas stands in all this. I think that a Willas-Arianne marriage would be clean, nice and neat solution to the animosity between the Reach and Dorne. However, when was the last time you saw GRRM opt for a neat solution to anything?

3. I don’t really think so. Littlefinger, Varys and Tirion are the best political players in the Kingdoms – to see one of them fall prey to intrigue without at least one of the others present would be just wrong. Besides, Sansa still has much to learn from Baelish to be able to beat him at the Game – so I think that the earliest point, at which she could bring him down, would be the epilogue.

4. I’m gonna trust Volantis on this one and say No.

5. Yes, I think that would be likely in the epilogue too.Still: the Wall - falling down, along with Littlefinger; Dany and/or Euron - arriving in Westeros with dragons; Arya (the real one) - reuniting with Jon in the North – all those things happening in the end of TWOW would be a great set-up for the final book. A neat set-up. See the end of number 2.

Theory 1: UnCat is in the Riverlands and Jon is at the wall. There is an entire book to bring them together. Didn't Eddard travel from Winterfell to King's Landing in the span of 3 or 4 chapters. In very simple terms, there is no distance in the series that is so large any two characters couldn't meet up in the span of a book. I'm not predicting the why, just the how. I know that UnCat is a creature of vengance, but what characters stay the same throughout the entire series. Is UnCat going to die, permanetly, as this creature she has become? Or will she sacrifice her life to bring back Jon Snow, a boy she disliked and mistreated, the son of her husbands sister, the man her own son wanted to inherit his kingdom. I feel if there needs to be a reason for the why/how of this theory, how about her children. Robb wanted Jon to have the North. Cat was one of the few people who knows this. Bran now seems to have the ability to see present events through weirwoods...wasn't the BWB's Hollow Hill desribed as being near of surrounded by the roots of a weirwood. I just believe whole-heartidly that Cat's character is going to serve a larger purpose then just revenge and Jon Snow is a likely source for a self-sacrifing last kiss.

Theory 3 and 5: I would love to see a little finger chapter, but most people think the wall falling will happen in the Epilogue. Really...? There is so much schemeing and truths that we could get from a LF POV. I feel it would be so much fun. Now, why exactly the Epilogue for the wall falling. Melisandre is at the wall as a POV. We could see the wall fall through her eyes without the need to have it in the Epilogue. The wall will come down, but I see it happening towards the end of the book, not the very end. Why LF at the very end. Who are the "Dreams for Spring" ... Jon, Dany, Arya, Bran, Tyrion and... Sansa. These 6 characters have been around this entire series. I believe Sansa is the one who has changed the least since her introduction. I see Jon being resurrected, Dany leaving for Westeros possibly with Tyrion, Bran taking control of one of the dragons, and that leaves Arya and Sansa. Both epilogues end with characters being murdered, who weren't expecting to be murdered, by a character who was thought dead or lost. Maybe Sansa has LF killed by a returning Sandor Clegan. I don't know, I know the LF Epilogue is not as sexy as an Epilogue from Pyp where the wall tumbles down and he is killed by a white, but a LF death by Sansa's manipulation has been building. It would be very worth it.

3) Didn't GRRM say LF is never going to be a POV character?

I believe GRRM said that there would be no new POV's. I agree with what someone said that the fall of the wall will happen in a prologue or epilogue. Hasn't every book had a prologue/epilogue at the wall and one in the south?

I don't agree with the Highgarden/Dorne marriage at this point. I believe that Doran Martell wouldn't marry one child to Highgarden and Aegon's cause while he still believes that his son is on his Danaerys quest. I think he will wait to find of Quentyns death before making such a bold move (it is tough to determine how long that will take, because we don't know how long it's been after Q's death when Aegon lands).

I think Uncat will somehow die for the last time during this Breanne/Jaime meeting. Perhaps the brotherhood will turn on her after they see how cruel and unreasonable she is.

#1: I bet everything that I have that UnCat will at least be involved with the revival of Jon Snow, if he's actually dead.

done. that's a fools bet. Uncat is hundreds of miles away in the Riverlands...about to deal with Jaime and then continue killing Freys. The only thing that will see her deviate from that path is if she hears word about any of HER children. She aint traipsing off to the Wall to help that bastard Lord Snow out.

Don't hold out much hope of Ned's mum making an appearance either. And she wasn't a Stark so why would she be this guru on Stark's magic?

These 5 theories are not based on nothing, they are based on a logical progression of a story. If you look at the 5 books not as seperate, but as 1 large story, there are a couple common threads which exsist. Relationships changing, alliances of marriage, and family being the most important thing to most characters.

Theory 1: UnCate reviving Jon. I have had this idea in my head for a long time. Why would GRRM, or simply the author, bring this character back.

Because Cat is an integral part of the Jaime storyline? I mean, let's face it, at this point, everything (with one exception) happening south of the Neck in Westeros is involved in one of these 5 story lines: Jaime's "Lancelot Redemption: story, Cersei's fall, Sansa's rise, "Aegon's" emergence, and Dany. The one exception is Sam and the Citadel, which is invariably tied into the Wall, the Watch, Jon, and all that fun shit up North.

ETA: For the Ned's Mother theory, I see it as much more of, while, as has been pointed out, Martin has said that she is dead, it turns out that she is from Skagos and they have therefore still been hiding with family--I believe that, when Luwin asked Osha to stay behind and provide him that boon (that being death) he also told her that Rickon, through Ned's mother, has family on Skagos and that she should therefore take him there and that overhearing this is how Wex knows they went to Skagos.

As for the other three theories, I find them very plausible and am looking forward to seeing if they come to fruition.

Archived