TYRION IS AERYS' SON

Quiet Isle

Yeah thats what i was referring to, thanks. Also, that quote rom Varys is interesting. Possible slip of the tongue?

You know what, nothing can be certain with Varys. When he revealed his plans to dying Kevan, he never stated that Aegon is trully Rhaegar's son. He only said that Tommen inherited the throne from Joffrey and Robert but Aegon has been raised and trained and educated to be a king.

Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them

Varys is strange, and he usually contradicts himself. That quote about honour and dead fathers could be easily be a slip of the tongue...

I see, but I was always under the impression that they were identical twins. In that case it wouldn't be possible right?

Yes, in that case it wouldn't be possible. However, in that case they would also either both be male or both be female, so I think we can preclude Jaime and Cersei being identical anyways.

Ah but what if tywin knew tyrion may have been from aerys or maybe had an inkling or something of it. Maybe that's why he treated him so terribly because its a constant reminder of his wife being raped and indirectly killed. It may also be the underlying reason for him to resign his handship.

I'd also like to mention that tyrion has silver blonde hair. Hell maybe he is targaryen maybe he's even one of the three heads of the dragon

I don't think it would ruin it, actually...Tywin thought Tyrion was his son and treated him like garbage his entire life.

Νot to mention that if the theory is true then it creates an uncomfortable balance between Jaime and Tyrion. Jaime killed Aerys, in a dishonourable manner and Tyrion killed Tywin in a disrespectfull way. Both brothers killed each other's father.Not to mention that Cersei all that time was abusing Rhaegar's half brother....

Αlso Tyrion would be like a cuckoo's egg

...I'd also like to mention that tyrion has silver blonde hair. Hell maybe he is targaryen maybe he's even one of the three heads of the dragon

Does he? Have you got a quote - I thought his head hair was always described as blond, beard as blond and black.

Yes, Tyrion is Aerys's son.

No, it is not becoming stale, because Aegon is a fake, and Cersei and Jaime are of course not Targs. That's a ridiculous theory based in its entirety on Cersei madly burning the Tower of the Hand. So Jon and Tyrion are the only 2 unknown Targs.

It does not invalidate Genna's comments, instead, it adds great irony to her words, because it shows that the son that is the closest to Tywin in character, is actually not his son, and implies that Tywin is not all that different from old Mad Aerys, whom he hated.

And lastly, it adds the great irony that the two Lannister brothers - Jaime and Tyrion - ended up killing each other's fathers.

Not to mention all the other hints like Tyrion casting the shadow of a king in Jon's words in book 1, or Tyrion having pale blond hair compared to the Lannister gold, or Tyrion being obsessed with dragons, or the whole story about Aerys lusting after Joanna, or the fact that Tyrion being a Targ will make the dragons like him a heck of a lot once he joins up with Daenerys.

Oh yes, Tyrion is a Targ. There is little doubt about it, in my view.

Then there is that bit when they are sailing towards the Stone Men (don't have my book with me) and Tyrion hears 'leathery wings' flapping above him.

ETA: Found my kindle.

Tyrion 5, ADWD as the Shy Maid is sailing through the fog past Chroyane. "The drowned city was all around them. A half-seen shape flapped by overhead, pale leathery wings beating at the fog. The dwarf craned his head around to get a better look, but the thing was gone as suddenly as it had appeared."

I could make arguements for and against Tyrion being Aerys'. I could also make arguements for Jaime and Cersei being Aerys'. Alas, we have to wait.....

Yes-and he has a few white now, but it has never been silver-blonde.

OK...found my kindle in my purse. From AGOT, Jon's description of Tyrion Lannister at the beginning of the Winterfell Feast:

'One green eye and one black one peered out from under a lank fall of hair so blond it seemed white.'

OK...found my kindle in my purse. From AGOT, Jon's description of Tyrion Lannister at the beginning of the Winterfell Feast:

'One green eye and one black one peered out from under a lank fall of hair so blond it seemed white.'

Trick of the light? because I remember Sansa describing his hair as black and blond and wiry on their wedding night.

But I can't access the books right now and am probably wrong.

I hate the idea of Tyrion being Aerys' son. The problem is, Aerys has left enough of a 'seed of doubt' through Tyrion's physical description, his lifelong fascination with dragons and the references throughout the series of him somehow 'towering above' the men he should look up to.

There's nine years between him and the twins. That's quite a long time. Considering Tywin loved Joanna, their marriage was not very fertile. A medieval woman would be expected to birth far more children - albeit, not all would live beyond their first year. There has been no reference to Joanna suffering miscarriages or still-births... something the twins might remember. This *might* suggest that Tywin wasn't too fertile, or something happened to affect his fertility after the twins.

Archived