Will the Greatjon ever make it out of the Frey dungeon?

I hope to see that after the the Boltons and Freys are annihilated at Winterfell, Crowfood and Whoresbane Umber march on the twins with as many live Freys as possible and demand the release of the Greatjon. He has to be a part of the North getting back on her feet. He's the man to rally the North behind Rickon (sorry Stannis but you and your fire god aint much chop in the snow). As much as i like Stannis he is a Southron Lord and the North will have their King.

Not sure how Uncat will like handing over live Freys and may intervene but the hostages will be skeletons if they stay in those dungeons much longer. Free the big man!!!!

haha He's like the Michael Collins of Westeros 'Free the Big Fella!' :) He's still alive for a reason alright, but when he comes back he may not be as big, jolly and thundering a personality as he was, he may have become a bitter infirm man.

If the great jon gets out the north will be in open rebellion against the boltons as he is one of the few who witnessed roose bolton kill robb stark, so hopefully if he gets free stuff will get real

Sorry but he didn't, he was off undressing Roslin. Then he got in a fight and killed some guys and bit anothers ear off.

The SmallJon (GJ's son) was by Robbs side but I think he died before Bolton arrived. Smalljon was cool, do we know if he was an only child? I assume he was.

I really hope he comes back, but yeah, as Bong pointed out, it's likely that they wrote him out since they now know/assume that he's not going to be important anymore.

Although I do feel that, another part of the reason for him not being in Season 2 is because they chose to give his part (as Robb's second in command out West) to Bolton so that the betrayal will have that much more of an effect on the viewers.

Sorry but he didn't, he was off undressing Roslin. Then he got in a fight and killed some guys and bit anothers ear off.

The SmallJon (GJ's son) was by Robbs side but I think he died before Bolton arrived. Smalljon was cool, do we know if he was an only child? I assume he was.

The GreatJons lineage is strange, in all the books and as far as I can see on the internet, the SmallJon is considered to be his only son, but there is a line in ASoS i think where the GreatJon is said to have "many sons and daughters". So Im not completely sure.

The GreatJons lineage is strange, in all the books and as far as I can see on the internet, the SmallJon is considered to be his only son, but there is a line in ASoS i think where the GreatJon is said to have "many sons and daughters". So Im not completely sure.

I can't remember that quote, but it could well mean his bastards, a man like that will have a few. And if he's claiming the lords right, he definitely will have one or two.

I am fearing he's already dead, and that his head was shipped to Dorne instead of Gregor Clegane's.

I would say that is an extremley plausible answer to Dorne getting a large head. Although, for the Umbers to be on Boltons side they absolutley NEED the GreatJon for a hostage... look at the Manderlys... same idea but he got what he wanted am WHABAHM sending you know who to look for Rickon. They betrayed the Iron Throne, the Starks have never really had a place at court and the whole North for that matter. I could see the entirety of the North standing alone as its own entity. After all we will be seeing more of the Land of Always Winter in this book. The GreatJon would rally the north easily enough.. why cant Wyman? He is da BAU5 by the way such an awesome character!

I can't remember that quote, but it could well mean his bastards, a man like that will have a few. And if he's claiming the lords right, he definitely will have one or two.

Actually I think they are legit children. Jon mentions them in ADWD during his meeting with Stannis. Here's the quote:

“The Umbers have no love for the Boltons. If Whoresbane has joined the Bastard, it can only be because the Lannisters hold the Greatjon captive.” “That is his pretext, not his reason,” declared Ser Godry. “If the nephew dies in chains, these uncles can claim his lands and lordship for themselves.” “The Greatjon has sons and daughters both. In the north the children of a man’s body still come before his uncles, ser.”

Archived