Crackpot theory on Jaime Lannister

BlueEyedCrow

Could Moquorro's (sp?) healing of Victarion's hand be some sort of forshadowing to a healing event of Jaime? Jaime seems to be in a bad place at the end of ADWD, but what if Thoros heals Jaime's hand? What if Thoros, who seems to be somewhat discouraged by Lady Stoneheart, takes her "fire" and uses it to heal Jaime's hand? BOOM! Jaime is the new leader of the BWB.

I'm kinda liking this.... :) At least the part of Jaime leading the BWB. Hmm...

Or Qhorin could stitch on a spare hand – and Thoros could then work his fire magic. (Good thing Othor’s hand disintegrated before Alliser Thorne could present it to the council.]

losing his sword hand has made him reassess everything he stood for and believed in. it's the single best thing that has happened to him in the entire series.

This... I mean... its like it gave him a new lease on life.

I love Jaime now... but I don't think I would have if he acted like the boy murdering disableing sister F*ing man he started as xD

I would love to see him in charge of BWB though... wasn't there already some legend about a knight who lead the common people? To be honest... Jaime could probably convince some real knights to his cause... he is pretty highly respected when they're not talking about his whole kingslaying biz.

losing his sword hand has made him reassess everything he stood for and believed in. it's the single best thing that has happened to him in the entire series.

jamie will not get a new hand, if he did it would signal the end of his character growth.

Yes, losing his hand has made him a better person.

I think that's making magic go a little too far. Its a beautiful arc for jamie to loose his hand. Find himself. And then redeem himself.

For him to get his sword hand back would be kind of a cop out. I don't think its george's style to take something like jamie's hand. That represents everything cruel about him from kingslaying(which I do find to be his best act as a knight but he is reviled for it) to pushing bran out the window. Only to restore it to him later it'd be like giving him back his deuchness. I could see jamie becoming a left handed swordsman but I don't think he will magically receive a new hand or animate the gold or old one. It'd be too perfect for him and we haven't saw this world's events happen like that.

I could see Jaime getting a new hand before I could see him leading the BWB.

P.S. - I think there is only a .1% chance of Jaime getting a new hand.

P.P.S. - He is never going to lead the BWB. Their goals/values/lifestyles simply do not match. He might go off on his own to do justice with Brienne. They might even pick up a member or two from the BWB who is not happy with how things are going. But lead the BWB. No. He wouldn't want to and they wouldn't want him.

jamie will not get a new hand, if he did it would signal the end of his character growth.

I completely agree....

I've crackpotted his before, not entirely unlikely. Losing his hand began his character growth but regaining his hand would not stop it. There appears to be more to Victarion's healed hand than has yet been revealed, its power and perhaps loyalties are still unknowns, which in Jaime's case may allow scope for some Stoneheart control. Also logically Stoneheart's blood should set a sword on fire the same as Beric's, and a Valyrian sword should be able to handle the heat unlike Beric's.

couldn't possibly agree with you any more

There's a Jaime dream sequence (Storm?) where he has an animated golden hand, so really I wouldn't rule it out, or even call it far fetched (Victarion has a fucking demon arm, and Mel gives birth to shadow assassins. I mean c'mon guys). I actually think it would be pretty boss. Though at the same time Jaime bitchslapping dudes with his cold dead hand is hilarious, and always the highlight of any such chapter. I'm torn.

But no this isn't that crackpot.

Archived