Anyone in North Carolina?

Tysha,

I've had the pleasure of meeting GRRM a number of times. What I'd really like to do is organize a party for the BWB at ConCarolina. Perhaps we could talk GRRM into attending if he has time.

Oh that would be fantastic, Scot. What do you think it would take to convince him?

Well, in the past he's been more than willing to attend improptue parties on very short notice. However, his time is much less free than it used to be. If we plan well in advance and let him know so long as it doesn't impinge upon his GoH duties he may be willing to attend.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm in Eastern NC. I was planning on attending CapClave in D.C. this October, but I'll be in Arizona attending my sister's wedding. Plus, I'll have a newborn who just may not be ready to wait in line for hours while his food source (i.e. mommy) waits to meet Mr. Martin!

In the meantime, I fully plan on attending ConCarolinas in 2014.

• 1 month later...

I am a Charlotte resident nowadays, I definately plan on attending ConCarolina in 2014. I was going to propose a meeting spot on the BwB forum in Charlotte for one of the Con nights. I am thinking of proposing the meet up at a bar called Valhalla ( http://www.valhallapub.com/) , which is only a few blocks from the convention center. Its a viking themed pub in the historic lotta arcade area, but it seems like a pretty logical choice given the medieval/Greyjoy vibes. Does anyone else have any suggestions before I write up a proposal on the BwB forum?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh cripes ConCarolina is the weekend after next! I've actually never been, and I'm not far from the University area where it will be taking place :) I will definitely be there. Is there usually a lot of cosplay? I don't have time to get anything together for myself but I love to film and photograph other people in costume.

Archived