Anyone in North Carolina?

it is prob 2 far idk if u have a ride or not but midevil times is near b-more it may be 2 far but i went 2 midevil times 4 my birthday and it was cool i bet a fan meet up would be so fun there if we could rent the hole place out lol that wood be awesome

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Charlotte resident nowadays, I definately plan on attending ConCarolina in 2014. I was going to propose a meeting spot on the BwB forum in Charlotte for one of the Con nights. I am thinking of proposing the meet up at a bar called Valhalla ( http://www.valhallapub.com/) , which is only a few blocks from the convention center. Its a viking themed pub in the historic lotta arcade area, but it seems like a pretty logical choice given the medieval/Greyjoy vibes. Does anyone else have any suggestions before I write up a proposal on the BwB forum?

I'm from Raleigh, but I've been going to ConCarolinas for about 5 years. My wife has a booth in the Dealer's Hall (selling jewelry, rocks, and minerals).

Since the convention is at the University Hilton (just off of Harris Blvd, near I-85 in Charlotte), it might be better to plan any kind of dinner with GRRM in that area. There is a little lake behind the Hilton, and there are several restaurant near that lake. Also, there are several other restaurants on Harris Blvd near the hotel. At the least, this would cut down on the time that GRRM is away from the convention.

I think I heard about GRRM being there in 2011, when I talked to one of the people running the convention, and suggested GRRM for a guest.

GH

it is prob 2 far idk if u have a ride or not but midevil times is near b-more it may be 2 far but i went 2 midevil times 4 my birthday and it was cool i bet a fan meet up would be so fun there if we could rent the hole place out lol that wood be awesome

Way too far for NC people. It'd be easier to go to Myrtle Beach. If we wanted to meet somewhere, it should probably be inside NC/SC.

Probably would have been easiest to meet at ConCarolinas this past year. Or at one of the upcoming NC/SC Conventions. Here's a guide to SE Conventions.

GH

• 2 months later...

Just officially struck a compromise with the wife granting me permission to attend CC2014(though you couldn't drag her there for all the sapphires in Tarth!). Anybody who's more in the loop than I am, please update the thread whenever new info comes to light regarding related social events and whatnot.

Just officially struck a compromise with the wife granting me permission to attend CC2014(though you couldn't drag her there for all the sapphires in Tarth!). Anybody who's more in the loop than I am, please update the thread whenever new info comes to light regarding related social events and whatnot.

Someone did start a CC2014 thread.

GH

Archived