Spoiler: Maisie Williams filming update

houseHB

On twitter, winteriscoming.net has reported that Maisie Williams will complete filming this week. All of her shoots will be night shoots, so is it possible that her storyline will end this season with her being knocked out by the Hound with the hammer at the Twins leaving viewers unsure she is dead or alive?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite possibly, although I think I remember reading something about GRRm saying that some of the aftermath of the RW would make it to season 3, which would fit the pattern of previous seasons (Ned's execution, Blackwater are both the penultimate episodes) which would leave a whole episode in which this reveal could (and should) happen. A better season ender for Arya might be her leaving the Hound to die(?) and/or beginning to make her way to Braavos.

She probably filmed her final appearance in season 3 already but still has other scenes to film. They don't film in chronological order.

This is true.

It would be cool if the ending for the RW episode is Arya being knocked out by the hound... just to mess with peoples emotions for a week and they found out she's still alive in the next episode where she proceeds to get needle back and kill a few people a long the way before leaving the Hound to die and go to Braavos. All in one episode.

It would be cool if the ending for the RW episode is Arya being knocked out by the hound... just to mess with peoples emotions for a week and they found out she's still alive in the next episode where she proceeds to get needle back and kill a few people a long the way before leaving the Hound to die and go to Braavos. All in one episode.

I don't think all that is going to happen in S3. Most of the post-RW stuff is going to end up in S4.

I would love it if the season ends with Arya leaving the hound to die or killing the tickler. But in S2, they changed so much in the events of Clash of Kings; so she might not even be near the RW in S3.

I would love it if the season ends with Arya leaving the hound to die or killing the tickler. But in S2, they changed so much in the events of Clash of Kings; so she might not even be near the RW in S3.

She'll be near the wedding and I'm sure we'll get the axe scene. The only question is how fast they'll bring along her violent streak. I'm guessing they'll have her kill somebody at that inn in S4 as her first kill - not sure who though since the Tickler's already dead on the show.

She'll be near the wedding and I'm sure we'll get the axe scene. The only question is how fast they'll bring along her violent streak. I'm guessing they'll have her kill somebody at that inn in S4 as her first kill - not sure who though since the Tickler's already dead on the show.

It won't be her first kill on the show. She already killed the fat stable boy in King's Landing

But in S2, they changed so much in the events of Clash of Kings; so she might not even be near the RW in S3.

While they changed some stuff, they touched all the big points. Yoren, Harrenhal and Jaqen. They will undoubtedly hit all the main points in S4 also (BwB, Sandor and the RW).

They are almost certainly not going to end S3 with Arya leaving Sandor. There will be nothing left for S4 then. She might kill Polliver then but she'll get back Needle anyhow.

Polliver still has Needle. It'll be him.

I think you are exaggerating a bit. They altered some of her scenes, put her with Tywin and slowed down her character progression. Minus the character progression, in the show, shes essentially at the same spot she is at the end of Clash of Kings (Leaving Harrenhall with Gendry and Hot Pie).

I love this leap in logic... She stopped shooting, so does this mean it's going to end this exact way? Personally I think that they will stretch out her remaining Westeros story as much as possible for Season 4 until they have to relent and send her on her way, but I think Arya and the Hound will have at least a couple episodes together for next season. Actually, it'd be cool if in the same episode Jamie sends Brienne off that the climax of the episode would be Arya leaving Westeros. Would make people pissed, but somehow less so than the book's handling of it!

I think you are exaggerating a bit. They altered some of her scenes, put her with Tywin and slowed down her character progression. Minus the character progression, in the show, shes essentially at the same spot she is at the end of Clash of Kings (Leaving Harrenhall with Gendry and Hot Pie).

Hmmm but looking back on it I think they kinda ruined what would have been one of the most memorable arcs of the series...

Hmmm but looking back on it I think they kinda ruined what would have been one of the most memorable arcs of the series...

I honestly don't get this thinking. It's not like in the books she got raped and dragged around behind a horse the whole time she was in Harrenhall which is the impression I'm getting when some posters describe the "horrors" that Arya goes through in those chapters.

They didn't have her working in the kitchens with Weese and instead she served in constant fear as Tywin's cupbearer. They didn't have her kill the guard on the way out and instead had Jaqen do it. And they didn't have Weasel soup which is more of a happy development for her than a negative one. Other than that, it was pretty damn similar if a little truncated.

She got to watch her new father figure Yoren get murdered. She had Needle stolen and Lommy executed in front of her. She was imprisoned in Harrenhall and got a firsthand look at The Tickler and him torturing various prisoners using mice to gnaw through their torsos. She has to serve as cupbearer for a man she has sworn to kill and then narrowly escapes being found out by Amory Lorch who is the man who butchered Yoren. She is intimidated by Rorge and Biter and has both of her companions (Gendry and Hot Pie) essentially give up hope of leaving before she figures out how to use Jaqen's wishes to do it.

I really don't understand why some posters are characterizing this arc as some kind of Club Med stay for her and the book events as some kind of Concentration Camp in comparison. It's not that different folks. Sorry you didn't get every single scene as depicted in the books but the tone and beats were the same.

I honestly don't get this thinking. It's not like in the books she got raped and dragged around behind a horse the whole time she was in Harrenhall which is the impression I'm getting when some posters describe the "horrors" that Arya goes through in those chapters.

They didn't have her working in the kitchens with Weese and instead she served in constant fear as Tywin's cupbearer. They didn't have her kill the guard on the way out and instead had Jaqen do it. And they didn't have Weasel soup which is more of a happy development for her than a negative one. Other than that, it was pretty damn similar if a little truncated.

She got to watch her new father figure Yoren get murdered. She had Needle stolen and Lommy executed in front of her. She was imprisoned in Harrenhall and got a firsthand look at The Tickler and him torturing various prisoners using mice to gnaw through their torsos. She has to serve as cupbearer for a man she has sworn to kill and then narrowly escapes being found out by Amory Lorch who is the man who butchered Yoren. She is intimidated by Rorge and Biter and has both of her companions (Gendry and Hot Pie) essentially give up hope of leaving before she figures out how to use Jaqen's wishes to do it.

I really don't understand why some posters are characterizing this arc as some kind of Club Med stay for her and the book events as some kind of Concentration Camp in comparison. It's not that different folks. Sorry you didn't get every single scene as depicted in the books but the tone and beats were the same.

I completely agree. And while Weese did treat her considerably worse, she was essentially hiding within the lion's den as Tywin's cupbearer and I imagine that the fear of being discovered was certainly a threat.

As for Weasel Soup, as much as I would have liked to see it on screen, it was done for the sole purpose of freeing the Northmen in the dungeons. If I recall correctly, the Lannisters weren't holding any Northern prisoners in the show, or at the very least Arya wasn't aware of it. I can certainly understand why the writers had Arya use her third "wish" to get out of Harrenhal - it was essentially a shortcut.

Topic: Since it's been confirmed that the RW will happen in episode 9 - and considering that filming took place during the past two weeks - I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the "night shoots" Maisie mentioned were for her arrival at the Twins. Arya desperately running to save her mother and brother was heartbreaking to read and should be even worse on screen. :(

It's really true , doing CoK in 10 episodes I began to see how all the stuff at Harrenhal was not going to fit. I knew they were going to kind of 'hype' Jaqen's role and that played out well. Frankly the Tywin-Arya Tete`-a-tete , by my lights, trumped what George did in the novel.

(Alas at the loss of Weasel Soup.)

Only thing is I can't see how their paths can ever cross again.

Looks to me like episode 9 will end with the Dog's flat of the axe.

The tavern fight could be in episode 10 , tho I would rather it be in season 4.

Seems Arya will arrive in Braavos in season 4 , we might then see Jaqen again, interesting to see how they work that.

Seems Arya will arrive in Braavos in season 4 , we might then see Jaqen again, interesting to see how they work that.

Based on Jaqen's last words...he shouldn't appear again. And bookwise, he isn't in Braavos in later books. But who know.

Archived