Arrow

Myrddin

Solid episode, in fact I'm loving the show so far. A few thoughts:

• The narration- When he says 'the bullet was poisoned' and other things as the narrator. I think its a little weird but when Dig becomes his 'Alfred' they'll be able to discuss this (inform the viewers) without the narration.
  • All the chicks in the show are smokin' hot- even the IT 'nerd'
  • I wonder what his connection is to the Russian Mob- as captain?
  • Liking the flasbacks- They've multiple storylines going which is good.
  • I was a bit confused at how Dig got shot- Thought OQ got him with the arrow so how did he end up shooting Diggles?

• The narration- When he says 'the bullet was poisoned' and other things as the narrator. I think its a little weird but when Dig becomes his 'Alfred' they'll be able to discuss this (inform the viewers) without the narration.

I was really glad this happened. Dig already suspected, it could've gotten old if they drew it out. Plus, like you said, it means we might be able to get rid of the voiceover.

As for the bodyguard, definitely going to be an Alfred like character who will help Ollie in his alter ego. At least I think so. I like how he is already sussing him out though why there was no backlash from Ollie choking him out is beyond me.

You nailed it. I too am glad they did not drag that out too long.

Liking it so far. Yeah, it's cheesy and derives a lot from Batman, but it's a good block of cheddar cheese unlike the fetid Velveeta that is Revolution. I think the dynamic between the sister and Oliver is halfway decent. Sure she's a poor little rich girl but no matter what your circumstances, losing your dad and your brother when you're twelve years old and then your mom is a self-serving two-faced bitch would throw any kid into a tailspin. I am really curious as to what happened on that island. There's a fair amount of suspension of disbelief but to kick a dead horse, far more believable than all electricity in the world going out and staying out.

Revolution is so bad, that I find myself watching it, just to make fun of it. Like watching a train wreck, or picking at a scab.

Part of me wishes the first season was only about what happened on the Island.

I really am digging this show. When I saw the previews, thought it would be like the Green Arrow from Smallville, but even though this guy isn't a great actor, the show is really good. Even though its a comic book character show, it might be the most grown up show on the CW*. Hell there is only one person in high school on it, and she isn't on it very much(yet).

*Supernatural doesn't really count, it started on the WB and was kind of a teenage show when it started even it it has move away from it (somewhat)

Finally caught episode three last night (though CWtv.com's method of replaying the same Vampire Diary commercial gets old. I will NOT join you on Facebook, dammit!). I'm very glad they didn't drag out Diggles figuring out Ollie's secret. I also hope this means we can lose the voice over exposition.

I also thought it was funny how the computer girl observed how "Shakespearean" the Queen family was and how Ollie was like Hamlet. :lol: Nothing like a little lamp shading the obvious.

And armed special forces types on the island? Interesting. Looking forward to next week.

(though CWtv.com's method of replaying the same Vampire Diary commercial gets old. I will NOT join you on Facebook, dammit!).

Hah! I had to watch episode 2 on there and was wondering if it was broken or something, because it kept showing the same thing over and over. Guess not.

Decent episode, although that narration that happens when he is investigating is really starting to annoy me a bit. Is it really necessary? Surprised that his identity is revealed to pretty much everyone after only the 4th episode. Looking forward to the Diggles and Arrow team up and loving the flasbacks to the island again. Seems his in a bit of pickle. Deathstroke is supposedly making his appearance next episode so all in all can't wait till next episode.

So is step-dad not the bad guy after all?

Looks like it at the moment but that doesn't mean things won't change if he has to cover his wife or the company.

Though weren't they both part of the "kidnap Oliver to see what he knows" plot?

I have a feeling that Oliver will be able to keep his secret identity intact.

Maybe he will just act like he went into the prison to help his friend because arrow had told him to. Then the black bodyguard guy will show up dressed as arrow and "prove" that oliver isn't arrow.

All in all I am really enjoying this show. I am glad that the bodyguard came back cause I really liked him and it will nice to see Oliver have someone to share his other self with.

I have a feeling that Oliver will be able to keep his secret identity intact.

Maybe he will just act like he went into the prison to help his friend because arrow had told him to. Then the black bodyguard guy will show up dressed as arrow and "prove" that oliver isn't arrow.

All in all I am really enjoying this show. I am glad that the bodyguard came back cause I really liked him and it will nice to see Oliver have someone to share his other self with.

They arrested him not for the prison but from the previous episode when he disappeared and the arrow showed up save people from deadshot.

They arrested him not for the prison but from the previous episode when he disappeared and the arrow showed up save people from deadshot.

Was that where the video of him was from?

I thought it was from the prison for some reason. I must of missed something then.

Just caught up on this and I enjoy the fuck out of it. It's really fun to watch and actually was surprisingly good. The actual interaction between the characters is pretty good, especially the Queen siblings, it feels pretty real (well i've no idea what a billionaire sibling relationship would be like but w/e)

Wish they'd kept deadshot around for future episodes but w/e it's all good. Finding it hard to believe we'll have his identity exposed this early, even if it is moving super fast.

edit: yep, it was him running up to confront deadshot

finally got round to watching the pilot and was pleasantly surprised. Loved the training scene where he's swing pull-upping vertically. Actual the stunts/physical feats all round were pretty impressive and hope the show can maintain that kind of level.

Story is fine and was pleasantly surprised his mum was trying to kill him rather than the obvious step-dad. Look fprward to more from the island and i liked all the nods to the comics with "speedy". Deathstoke's mask on the island, Dinah lance and his friend being called "merlyn" which has me thinking he may be this show's lex luthor.

Will be watching episode 2.

Archived