More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

Renly had the most by far, eighty thousand at Bitterbridge and another ten thousand at Highgarden:

“I’m told your son crossed the Neck with twenty thousand swords at his back,” Renly went on. “Now that the lords of the Trident are with him, perhaps he commands forty thousand.”

No, she thought, not near so many, we have lost men in battle, and others to the harvest.

“I have twice that number here,” Renly said, “and this is only part of my strength. Mace Tyrell remains at Highgarden with another ten thousand, I have a strong garrison holding Storm’s End, and soon enough the Dornishmen will join me with all their power. And never forget my brother Stannis, who holds Dragonstone and commands the lords of the narrow sea.”

Yeah, but shouldn't they know for certain that there are freaking THREE DRAGONS roaming around Essos? Shouldn't they know Daenerys has been named Queen of Mereen? Shouldn't they mention that the Slave Trade has been banned in Meereen? Of course, they could've referenced this and I didn't notice. I'm not the most observant person, after all. And I love your User name, btw.

Well, going by the introduction of Feast of Crows, Westeros has received several accounts on Daenerys and her dragons. Most are considered contradictory to each other.

-" "The tales are not the same", insisted Armen. "Dragons in Asshai, dragons in Qarth, dragons in Meereen, Dothraki dragons, dragons freeing slaves... each telling differs from the last." "

-"Only in details." Mollander grew more stubborn when he drank, and even when sober he was bullheaded. "All speak of dragons, and a beautiful young queen."

They have received informations about Daenerys riding with the Dothraki, Daenerys in Qarth, Daenerys freeing slaves, Daenerys in Meereen, and Daenerys in Asshai (!). They find these stories impossible to be all true.

He had an incestious affair with his twin sister Leia while she was married to Han. They had three children before he lost his hand (again).

I didn't realise until now how easily the two stories fit together. hahahahaha

What.

What exactly is the luke skywalker situation?

The Luke Skywalker situation refers to something Alfie Allen said in an interview. Read here for the obligatory rampant speculation over a cryptic statement: http://asoiaf.wester...-snows-parents/

I just read on the forums that Sansa was betrothed to Harry the Heir. So my first question is, was she? I must have missed this when reading.

Second question, if she is, how could the bastard of LF who is little more than a nanny (though admittidely hot nanny) be an acceptable fiance to the Heir of the Vale and future Warden of the east? (unless Harry knows she is Sansa. Does he? Did I miss this too?

I just read on the forums that Sansa was betrothed to Harry the Heir. So my first question is, was she? I must have missed this when reading.

Second question, if she is, how could the bastard of LF who is little more than a nanny (though admittidely hot nanny) be an acceptable fiance to the Heir of the Vale and future Warden of the east? (unless Harry knows she is Sansa. Does he? Did I miss this too?

you are best off reading the last Sansa/Alayne chapter in AFFC

agreement in principal was reached between Littlefinger and Lady Waynwood provided Harry the Heir likes Sansa. Petyr tells Sansa that she should have no problem winning him over with her good looks.

Littlefinger doesn't say that he has revealed Sansa's identity but tells her that she will wear a stark maiden cloak on her wedding day.

As how this deal was made Littlefinger makes it clear elsewhere that he has being buying up the debts and secrets of the Vale Lords, presumably a certain amount of pressure was brought to bear.

Nobody knows exactly, only the guy that made the comment, but the answer that I find more 'plausible' is that Jon, as Luke, was raised under a different name to escape the king/emperor.

Luke wasn't raised under a different name, Leia was but not Luke. Luke was a Skywalker like his Father, he was form Tatoonie like his Father and was being raised by people related to him by marriage. Luke also knew that his true Father was Anakin Skywalker but I suppose he did not know who his Mother was. He thought his father was dead but that was a matter of perspective. I guess Vader never figured they would hide his kid in plain sight but I think he thought his wife and kid died. Perhaps Obi Wan and Yoda wwere blocking his clairvoyance all those years.

Luke wasn't raised under a different name, Leia was but not Luke. Luke was a Skywalker like his Father, he was form Tatoonie like his Father and was being raised by people related to him by marriage. Luke also knew that his true Father was Anakin Skywalker but I suppose he did not know who his Mother was. He thought his father was dead but that was a matter of perspective. I guess Vader never figured they would hide his kid in plain sight but I think he thought his wife and kid died. Perhaps Obi Wan and Yoda wwere blocking his clairvoyance all those years.

I stand corrected.

He was raised by the family of the second husband of his grandmother right?

I stand corrected.

He was raised by the family of the second husband of his grandmother right?

Yeah and it seemed really stupid hiding him in plain sight like that. On the other hand Vader did not know he existed. Its also kind of sad that Vaders people killed them when looking for the droids. I think his Uncle Ben was his Grandmothers stepson and Vaders stepbrother.

who do you think deserves the Iron Throne the most. I wrote a whole thing about it. http://wellthatsdiff...ves-the-throne/ tell me what you think because I'm only on book 3 so I don't really know who ends up with it but i have an idea.

That's not a small question, and you should really finish the series before you hear any answers, which would include massive spoilers to books 3,4 and 5.

How did Manderly's heir die, was it at the Red Wedding? He was the fat lord Arya say at Harrenhal, correct?

His heir, Wylis, is still alive. He was captured, released when Harrenhal was taken over, captured again, and released when Wyman pretended to kill Davos. It was his other son Wendel who was killed at the Red Wedding

If Varys is a secret BF fighting for the downfall of the Targs, why did he try and prevent Aerys from opening the gates to Tywin?

Good question, maybe Varys, knowing Aerys, tried to "convince" him to open the gates for Tywin in a way that looked like he was advising against it.

Good question, maybe Varys, knowing Aerys, tried to "convince" him to open the gates for Tywin in a way that looked like he was advising against it.

I considered that, but it just seems so faulty. For one thing your primary audience is gonna be dead, so why bother? If you want the doors open, adivise opening them; Aerys had previously shown himself willing to listen to Varys. Why would he assume now he wouldn't? If anything both you and Pycelle saying the same thing would sound like the voice of reason.

For another, you're seriously introducing the uncontrollable. You very well might not survive if you've made yourself evident as opposition before the fact.

I just don't get it fitting.

The closest I come up with as an argument is that idea of unpredictability you get; chaos vs. MY version fo chaos. But even that seems to fall short; surely it's easier to supplant a supplanter than a dynasty centuries old. It just doesn't fit for me based on what we know.

I considered that, but it just seems so faulty. For one thing your primary audience is gonna be dead, so why bother? If you want the doors open, adivise opening them; Aerys had previously shown himself willing to listen to Varys. Why would he assume now he wouldn't? If anything both you and Pycelle saying the same thing would sound like the voice of reason.

For another, you're seriously introducing the uncontrollable. You very well might not survive if you've made yourself evident as opposition before the fact.

I just don't get it fitting.

The closest I come up with as an argument is that idea of unpredictability you get; chaos vs. MY version fo chaos. But even that seems to fall short; surely it's easier to supplant a supplanter than a dynasty centuries old. It just doesn't fit for me based on what we know.

But then what would happen if Dany, Viserys or Aegon heard about Varys, the guy who supposedly knew all, advising Aerys to open the gates?

Varys was covering all his bases.

But then what would happen if Dany, Viserys or Aegon heard about Varys, the guy who supposedly knew all, advising Aerys to open the gates?

I think that would be a more academic question than what happens when Tywin hears you advised against it. The fact that Tywin and Robert both okayed Varys surviving, let alone remaining in situ, is one of the least understandable aspects, to me. I don't think he gets the Maester neutrality card; he was the first of his kind. It's hard for me to not envision him being seen as one of the greatest evils in their eyes, and having opposed them up to the last second would imo seem to confirm that.

Archived