More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

Was Vargo Hoat fed to the prisoners at Harrenhaul?

Yes.

“Where is the rest of him?” he asked.

No one wanted to tell him. Finally, Shitmouth lowered his eyes, and muttered, “Rotted, ser. And et.”

“One of the captives was always begging food,” Rafford admitted, “so Ser said to give him roast goat. The Qohorik didn’t have much meat on him, though. Ser took his hands and feet first, then his arms and legs.”

“The fat bugger got most, m’lord,” Shitmouth offered, “but Ser, he said to see that all the captives had a taste. And Hoat too, his own self. That whoreson ’ud slobber when we fed him, and the grease’d run down into that skinny beard o’ his.”

The fat bugger being Wylis Manderly.

The war had not ended until the day she and Lysa had been wed. It was at their wedding feast that Brynden told his brother he was leaving Riverrun to serve Lysa and her new husband, the Lord of the Eyrie. Lord Hoster had not spoken his brother’s name since, from what Edmure told her in his infrequent letters.

Note the war is the personal war between Hoster and the Blackfish, not any actual war. We know Cat and Lysa were married at the beginning of the Usurper's war, not sure when Lysa left, though that passage sounds like it happened right away as opposed to Cat's waiting to go to Winterfell until the rebellion was over.

Was the Song of Ice and Fire released before or after the similarly named series by Janny Wurts called Wars of Light and Shadow?

Sorry, just went on wiki. Curse of the Mistwraith Jan 1994. Game of Thrones August 1996.

Was the former work an influence for Martin? It has certain similarities.

Was Gendry sent to join Yoren before or after Ned's beheading?

Off the top of my head I'd say before. Picking up Ned was supposed to be Yoren's last stop before leaving the city.

“Here’s something you don’t know. It wasn’t supposed to happen like it did. I was set to leave, wagons bought and loaded, and a man comes with a boy for me, and a purse of coin, and a message, never mind who it’s from. Lord Eddard’s to take the black, he says to me, wait, he’ll be going with you. Why d’you think I was there? Only something went queer.”

Off the top of my head I'd say before. Picking up Ned was supposed to be Yoren's last stop before leaving the city.

“Here’s something you don’t know. It wasn’t supposed to happen like it did. I was set to leave, wagons bought and loaded, and a man comes with a boy for me, and a purse of coin, and a message, never mind who it’s from. Lord Eddard’s to take the black, he says to me, wait, he’ll be going with you. Why d’you think I was there? Only something went queer.”

Thank you!

This isn't important at all, but it's something I've been wondering about these past couple days. Does anyone know which POV character appears in the most chapters for other POV characters? I think it might be either Tyrion or Jon. Possible Jaime.

Probably Kingslayer right? He's in Jon's, Tyrion, Ned, Cat and Cersei. Brienne.

Duh and Bran of course.

And Sansa as well.

“He’s dead.” Bran could taste the bile in his throat. “Meera, he’s some dead thing. The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night’s Watch stay true,

--- Bran POV ADwD

Soo, what is Coldhand? Is he a wightwalker, UnNW ranger? If he is a wightwalker, why is he helping Bloodraven to find Bran?

“The scarf over his mouth, it never gets all hard with ice, like Hodor’s beard. Not even when he talks.”

3. --- Bran POV ADwD

Soo, what is Coldhand? Is he a wightwalker, UnNW ranger? If he is a wightwalker, why is he helping Bloodraven to find Bran?

He is a wighted NW ranger, that much is clear. The CotF put a spell on him to return his mind to his body it would seem.

Does Bran know his mother is "dead"?

I don't think so, no. They stay away from people on their journey north, and so they never learn of the Red Wedding.

Probably Kingslayer right? He's in Jon's, Tyrion, Ned, Cat and Cersei. Brienne.

Duh and Bran of course.

And Sansa as well.

Tyrion shows up in Jon's, Ned's, Catelyn's, Bran, Jaime, and Dany. I think he appears in one of Arya's earliest chapters, as well. Also Jon shows up in chapters for Ned, Cat, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam, and Melisandre. I think. A few of these I'm fuzzy on.

I don't think so, no. They stay away from people on their journey north, and so they never learn of the Red Wedding.

I think he probably knows. Jon knows through Ghost that Grey Wind is dead, so Bran probably knows the same through Summer. And now that he's hooked up to the Internet he almost definitely knows.

Tyrion shows up in Jon's, Ned's, Catelyn's, Bran, Jaime, and Dany. I think he appears in one of Arya's earliest chapters, as well. Also Jon shows up in chapters for Ned, Cat, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam, and Melisandre. I think. A few of these I'm fuzzy on.

Jon is never in a Sansa pov except as a memory or thought she has of him. The first Sansa pov starts on the kingsroad on the way to KL. If you want to count that sort of thing it could easily be Jon then as you'd also have Sixskins thinking about him in the Dance prologue and Theon thinks of him as well. Actually a lot of those he's just being remembered, Cat, Ned.

I started wondering about the Kingslayer as well but he's physically in all those povs. So I think Kingslayer is physically in the most different pov's while Jon would be mentally.

Actually if it's just mental I'd say Ned because he's almost at least mentioned in every pov there is at least once from Davos on the Sisters to Selmy in Essos.

Tyrion hasn't appeared in a Dany chapter. He hasn't even met her yet. He does appear in Sansa chapters.

Jon hasn't appeared in person in a Sansa chapter, I don't think.

Archived