More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

Jon is never in a Sansa pov except as a memory or thought she has of him. The first Sansa pov starts on the kingsroad on the way to KL. If you want to count that sort of thing it could easily be Jon then as you'd also have Sixskins thinking about him in the Dance prologue and Theon thinks of him as well. Actually a lot of those he's just being remembered, Cat, Ned.

I just mean physically, yeah. I'm having a hard time remembering who shows up where in the beginning of AGOT. Everyone's at Winterfell so it's all kind of muddled for me.

Tyrion hasn't appeared in a Dany chapter. He hasn't even met her yet. He does appear in Sansa chapters.

Tyrion and Penny joust for Dany in ADWD. Dany doesn't recognize him, obviously, but she saves them from being eaten by lions.

I just mean physically, yeah. I'm having a hard time remembering who shows up where in the beginning of AGOT. Everyone's at Winterfell so it's all kind of muddled for me.

Tyrion and Penny joust for Dany in ADWD. Dany doesn't recognize him, obviously, but she saves them from being eaten by lions.

If it's purely physical I don't think anyone is going to beat Kingslayer and his eight.

Jon sees him coming into the feast, thinks he looks more the king than Robert.

Tyrion of course.

Ned is confronted by him at the brothel in KL.

Cat in Riverrun.

Cersei of coure.

Brienne of course.

Bran of course.

Sansa sees him jousting in the tourney as well as Robert knocking him on his ass and laughing at him.

Did the Blackwoods and the Brackens fight on the same side during Robert's Rebellion?

I would like to know the answer to that question, too. Here's what the wiki has to say about the beginning of the Rebellion in the Riverlands:

However, like in the Vale, not all the Tully bannermen joined the rebel cause. Houses Ryger, Darry, Goodbrook and Mooton took the side of the Targaryens in the war and Frey remained neutral until the situation became clearer.

ETA: But not a word about either of the houses in question.

Did the Blackwoods and the Brackens fight on the same side during Robert's Rebellion?

I would like to know the answer to that question, too. Here's what the wiki has to say about the beginning of the Rebellion in the Riverlands:

ETA: But not a word about either of the houses in question.

Bracken on Blackfyre side, Blackwood on Targaryen. Dunk & Egg lore.

The question was aimed at Robert's Rebellion though, not at the Blackfyre Rebellions.

I suspect they both supported Hoster and hence, the rebels. The only Riverlands families we know stood with the Targs were the Darrys and Whents (? Both a KG for the Targs and family ties to the Tullys...); the Freys only picked sides when the winner was clear.

The question was about Robert's Rebellion, not Daemon Blackfyre's.

ETA: theguyfromtheVale beat me to the punch :)

The question was aimed at Robert's Rebellion though, not at the Blackfyre Rebellions.

I suspect they both supported Hoster and hence, the rebels. The only Riverlands families we know stood with the Targs were the Darrys and Whents (? Both a KG for the Targs and family ties to the Tullys...); the Freys only picked sides when the winner was clear.

According to the wiki, Houses Ryger, Darry, Goodbrook and Mooton were the ones who supported the Targs. Don't know about Whent.

Lol, my reading comprehension is waaaay off. And here I was so excited that I knew an answer off the top of my head without having to double-check wiki or book. :rofl:

If Brienne is a descendant of Dunk (which i think she is), how come she is of the main line of the Tarths. Wouldn't her grandmother or grandfather been a bastard?

Dunk probably married sometime before he put on a white cloak. If Dunk's daughter married Lord Tarth than the line would still be Tarth, if it was Dunk himself or his son, than the children would be Tarths since Dunk lacks a surname, and like the Mormont women, the children would carry the mother's name.

From what I remember, Brienne is inspired to paint her shield with a tree and a shooting star because there was some random shield like that hanging in her father's great hall. She doesn't do it because it is the shield of her grandfather, the one-time Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. It is just a pretty design that she likes. Surely if she knew that Dunk was her grandfather then she would know what his shield looked like.

I don't think she realizes that the shield's sigil is that of Dunks. She never thinks that my great-grandfather was a hedge knight or Lord commander of the Kingsguard. When she meets the hedge knights in AFFC she doesn't trust them at first because of what they are. Perhaps Dunk knocked up the only daughter and heir to Tarth, as a result the bastard had to be legitimized. It never occurred to me of Dunk being married, kinda of a strange thought considering he is so shy around women.

Archived