More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

So is the Tarth family named after the island of Tarth? Or is the island named after the family?

Also Brienne is an only child, is she not? Wouldn't that make her heir to her lordly father's estate? If yes, she shouldn't be running around Westeros fighting bloody mummers and such.

Jaime did

No it's not. I saw the show first so was able to see the hints, not sure I would have otherwise. In fact my friend watched the show then read the books and even then asked WTF was with Loras sucking Renlys nob?

Thank you. As I just said, I didn't think it was 'obvious' until at least AFFC. I got it, I was just asking has anyone actually said 'oh by the way Loras and renly bummed'. There is a ton of innuendo but no straight statement.

Again thanks for the answer.

WHen jaime said he would put a sword or spear or something in one of Loras' orifice even Renly hadnt found, that was a pretty huge clue. Also his outfit at the Hands tourney was FABulous.

All the ravens of ASOIAF can always find a certain place, no matter where it is, and you find odd that the one Raven that is marked as "too clever" several times could find her home??

He may have gone with Sam - we dont know. The ravens in the cave all have CotF in them I think this is one of them - sort of an emissary.

In the last Selmy chapter in aDwD, who would the 6 corpses be that are flung over the walls by the trebuchets? IIRC, they mention all 6 trebuchets being used but i didn't think the Yunkai had 6 hostages left

I think ig is the 3 hostages, the 2 dornishmen sent over to offer something (by Selmy I think) and the third could be tatters. I dont think it is germ warfare because 1) that wouldnt be as inflammatory and 2) the flux has already entered Meereen possibly killing all the Blue Graces

Ok, I am also relatively new here but I will try to answer this, and take my answers with a grain of salt.

I don't know of any connection between Targs and Iron islands, and their words are something along, "that which lives may never die"? The Iron Islanders believe in only taking by force and ruling everyone, so aligning with the Starks would be seen as weak. Now as for Dany, they want her for her Dragons, it was stated in the last book. They want her brought back to be married so they have them, and she would not rule, the Greyjoy would.

The only connection I know of is that the Targs burned out Black Harren (an Ironman) and turned the Ironmen back into miners and fishermen. A great comedown.

Your Dornishman did not lie,” the Elder Brother began, “but I fear you did not understand him. You are chasing the wrong wolf, my lady.

Eddard Stark had two daughters. It was the other one that Sandor Clegane made off with, the younger one.”

“A rya Stark?” Brienne stared open-mouthed, astonished. “You know this? Lady Sansa’s sister is alive?”

How did Elder Brother know it was Arya Stark? Even the outlaws thought he was a boy and the Hound did not even move a muscle when they mentioned Arya's name?

He had the Hound right there. The Hound told him

So is the Tarth family named after the island of Tarth? Or is the island named after the family?

I'm not sure if it is mentioned, it might be one of those 'which came first? the chicken or the egg?' questions. I suspect that the island was named Tarth first and the family that became the ruling family eventually adopted Tarth as their name - that is just a guess though.

Also Brienne is an only child, is she not? Wouldn't that make her heir to her lordly father's estate? If yes, she shouldn't be running around Westeros fighting bloody mummers and such.

Brienne is her father's only surviving child and his heir. I suspect Lord Tarth has given up expecting Brienne to ever marry and have children, after three failed betrothals already. I believe she originally joined Renly as a representative of her father and then circumstances overtook her - which eventually lead to her running around Westeros and fighting bloody mummers and such. Maybe she should go back home to Tarth, but she has made so many vows to different people that I think she feels that she has come too far to turn back now. Besides, she is doing what she loves and is leading the life she always wanted. I am sure there are many male only-child heirs out their risking their lives too, and they don't feel the need to stay at home and keep their DNA safe.

I keep thinking about the man on the horse that stopped in the deserted village up north. I forgot what the village name is, but it was a village that was deserted after wildings kept coming into it. It was that chapter in which Jon is there with Ygritte and other wildings, and the wildings demand Jon kill the stranger. Do we ever find out who he was?

Also, about Harrenhal. Well, it seems the curse of every person holding the castle meets a terrible end. Though Littlefinger was named lord at one point, it appears he's never actually been to Harrenhal. Could he still be cursed by Harrenhal even so?

I keep thinking about the man on the horse that stopped in the deserted village up north. I forgot what the village name is, but it was a village that was deserted after wildings kept coming into it. It was that chapter in which Jon is there with Ygritte and other wildings, and the wildings demand Jon kill the stranger. Do we ever find out who he was?

Also, about Harrenhal. Well, it seems the curse of every person holding the castle meets a terrible end. Though Littlefinger was named lord at one point, it appears he's never actually been to Harrenhal. Could he still be cursed by Harrenhal even so?

Maybe that's why he is avoiding it. Having it allowed him to get the Vale.

Archived