More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

From the World of Ice and Fire page on Wikipedia:

The city is located in the south-western part of Westeros, at the mouth of the River Honeywine, where it opens onto Whispering Sound and the Sunset Sea beyond.

I believe it's sprawled on both sides of the river.

Also there's this:

Oldtown is also one of the most important ports of the Seven Kingdoms: trading ships from the Summer Islands, the Free Cities, the eastern cities, and the rest of Westeros constantly crowd into its harbors. The city itself is described as stunningly beautiful; many rivers and canals crisscross its cobbled streets, and breathtaking stone mansions are common. The city lacks the squalor of King's Landing, which usurped its position as the pre-eminent city of Westeros.

You could re-read Pate's prologue. I think the city is best described in there, or Sam's last chapter in Feast.

I don't know if this was answered/asked, but did Arianne fantasize about Oberyn?

Yes

I sat beside the well and pretended that some robber knight had brought me here to have his way with me, she thought, a tall hard man with black eyes and a widow's peak.

ETA: My opinion, that's the Targ side of her.

I always thought that Bran's power would exceed Bloodraven's. And I thought it was Bran who spoke to Theon through the leaves. Even Ned could hear whispers in the leaves. I think this is the same scene in the past that we see:

1. First Ned says that sometimes he could hear things in the rustling of the leaves

2. In Dance, Bran literally tries to contact Ned and cause the whispers in the leaves.

Also, in Brienne's arc in Feast, there was a place called the Whispers, and it had a weirwood. She buried Nimble Dick there, didn't she?

I think that Bran could contact someone through the trees. I believe Bran contacted Theon that way. I think only a very powerful Greenseer could do that.

I do believe that that Brans power is greater than bloodraven, and that he will be able to whisper to some people, but to talk with Jon he will have a hole conversation, using Jon powers as medium to get him (just for the time of the talk) in the weirnet.

But the whispers are called that way because of the sounds of sea into the rocks, Brienne realized this as soon as herd the whispers.

I do believe that Brans power are greater than bloodraven's, and that he will be able to whisper to some people, but when he talk with Jon he will have a hole conversation, using Jon powers as medium to get him (just for the time of the talk) in the weirnet, probably when he is dead/wounded from the holes he got in Dance.

But the whispers are called that way because of the sounds the sea make into the rocks, Brienne realized this as soon as herd the whispers.

Um, didn't Theon hear Bran say his name on the wind/leaves?

Bran isn't supose to be able to speak to those in the past, but some of those he watched seem to hear something.

Yes, but it's abstract, Theon thinks he hears his name, at the same time Bran is trying to reach to him but realizes he can't really. It's not a tree speaking, like for example the weirwood door beneath the wall, which outright speaks to Sam.

Who is the little old lady that meets the men that Arya are traveling with? She makes (Tom O'Sevens maybe??) pay her with a song.

Who is she? There is something about that part of Arya's chapters (and she pops up somewhere else too) that I am missing.

Who is the little old lady that meets the men that Arya are traveling with? She makes (Tom O'Sevens maybe??) pay her with a song.

Who is she? There is something about that part of Arya's chapters (and she pops up somewhere else too) that I am missing.

She is known as the Ghost of High Heart. She was a friend of Jenny of Oldstones who brought her to KL, and tell that the Prince that was Promised would be born of Aerys and Rhaella's line.

Archived