More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

We don't know. All we know is the Dornish got a head that is claimed to be Gregor's. We don't know if it's real, and if it is, what Robert Strong has under his helmet.

Assuming that Bran's dream about the three men (Probable-Sandor, Probable-Oberyn and Probably-Gregor) really was referring to the Mountain, "a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood" there might well be absolutely nothing in there. Or one of the skulls that Cersei seems to keep lying around.

Here's my question: Is it explicitly stated in the books that Ramsay is aware Arya is fake?

"He knows who I am, though. Who I really am. I see it when he looks at me. He looks so angry, even when he smiles, but it's not my fault."

Great! Thank you. Follow up question: There are only two ships in the fleet named after actual people: The Prince Aemon and the Queen Cersei. The Prince Aemon is described as being "slow and long in service" according to the wiki, while the Queen Cersei was engulfed by wildfire.

Now I know that this is a stretch and a lot of ships were set aflame but is this possible foreshadowing. The parallels between Prince Aemon and Maester Aemon are obvious, leading to the question: will Cersei be killed by wildfire? Or fire? Or is it merely pointing to when she is "engulfed" by the spectacle of the burning of the Tower of the Hand.

Or am I just looking for something that`s not there?

Great! Thank you. Follow up question: There are only two ships in the fleet named after actual people: The Prince Aemon and the Queen Cersei. The Prince Aemon is described as being "slow and long in service" according to the wiki, while the Queen Cersei was engulfed by wildfire.

Now I know that this is a stretch and a lot of ships were set aflame but is this possible foreshadowing. The parallels between Prince Aemon and Maester Aemon are obvious, leading to the question: will Cersei be killed by wildfire? Or fire? Or is it merely pointing to when she is "engulfed" by the spectacle of the burning of the Tower of the Hand.

Or am I just looking for something that`s not there?

It's kinda pick your poison (prophecy).

Which brings me to another potential end for Cersei: the poison called the Strangler. If administered by her Valonquar, would that accord?

I may be wrong but I don`t think any prophecy has been literal yet and several times are regarded as been pretty fickle things by people. I don`t think that prophecy should be taken in a literal sense so it`s entirely possible that the poison could be the way she goes.

It`s also possible, running with the Stannis being the valonqar, that she dies in a pyre and suffocates from the smoke. This would actually bring both things together.

Ok, I don't know where to post this so I choose this thread instead of creating an useless one.

I'm re-reading ADWD and during Illyrio and Tyrion conversation, that particular moment troubles me

“And you had best be careful what you say of my family, magister. Kinslayer or no, I am a lion still.”

That seemed to amuse the lord of cheese no end. He slapped a meaty thigh and said, “You

Westerosi are all the same. You sew some beast upon a scrap of silk, and suddenly you are all lions or

dragons or eagles. I can take you to a real lion, my little friend. The prince keeps a pride in his

menagerie. Would you like to share a cage with them?”

The lords of the Seven Kingdoms did make rather much of their sigils, Tyrion had to admit. “Very

well,” he conceded. “A Lannister is not a lion. Yet I am still my father’s son, and Jaime and Cersei are

mine to kill.”

Is Illyrio playing with words only to ridicule Westerosi pride? Is he gently mocking a confused Tyrion? Or is he only targeting the Lannisters? Because if that's the case the dragon reference is off and omitting the direwolves is weird. Illyrio surely knows about Robb Stark wolf. Starks and Targaryens are the only houses were there sigils and boasting about it are sort of legitimate.

Ok, I don't know where to post this so I choose this thread instead of creating an useless one.

I'm re-reading ADWD and during Illyrio and Tyrion conversation, that particular moment troubles me

Is Illyrio playing with words only to ridicule Westerosi pride? Is he gently mocking a confused Tyrion? Or is he only targeting the Lannisters? Because if that's the case the dragon reference is off and omitting the direwolves is weird. Illyrio surely knows about Robb Stark wolf. Starks and Targaryens are the only houses were there sigils and boasting about it are sort of legitimate.

I think that you are reading too much into it.

Tyrion says that he is a lion, and although the Starks have a connection to their direwolfs (not that Illyrio is aware of that) and Targs have some kind of connection with the dragons none ARE direwolfs or dragons.

I have a question regarding the Frey succession line. As of now it is Edwyn who is 1st in line after Grandpa Frey kicks the bucket (hopefully at the hands of Lady Stoneheart). Edwyn clearly states in AFFC that he is scared that Black Walder may have had a role to play in their fathers (Ryman) murder and that he is fearful for his life too because Black Walder wants to be 1st in line. Whats been nagging me is, if thats your fear, why don't you just go back to your wife, make sweet love and get some male babies? That would be the ideal way to thwart Black Walder's plans. Edwyn only has an 8 year old daughter as of AFFC.

Minor point, but just nagging me.

I think that you are reading too much into it.

Tyrion says that he is a lion, and although the Starks have a connection to their direwolfs (not that Illyrio is aware of that) and Targs have some kind of connection with the dragons none ARE direwolfs or dragons.

Ok, that's my fault I should have explained better.

Of course the obvious meaning is what you're suggesting hence the comment about the menagerie. What I'm asking is the subtleties behind that. It seems plain to me that he is playing with words.

It's a recurring theme in the books: literal/non-literal dragons, wolves... etc. He himself does just like Tyrion at the end of the chapter with "a dragon, with 3 heads".

What ever did happen to Renly's body? I remember a part of ACOK where Penrose refuses to vacate the castle at Storms End unless he sees Renly's body with his own eyes to believe it. It was also mentioned that his body was missing.

Archived