More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

When Theon and Dagmer fight Benfred Tallhart and his men, Benfred and his men were carrying their flags with rabbitskin tied under the flag. Any significance to that? Even Theon seems to wonder about it and was about to question Benfred about it before his spitting cost him his life.

They were the self-styled 'Wild Hares'. Essentially a bunch of young guys who wanted to form their own war party and ride around saving crap. Originally called the Young Wolves, they changed their style when they got mocked as a bunch of Young Rabbits.

I'm not sure if there was any deeper meaning to this.

They were the self-styled 'Wild Hares'. Essentially a bunch of young guys who wanted to form their own war party and ride around saving crap. Originally called the Young Wolves, they changed their style when they got mocked as a bunch of Young Rabbits.

I'm not sure if there was any deeper meaning to this.

Oh, have no memory of this. Where is this mentioned?

My apologies if its been discussed before or if I dont remember it exactly from the book...

Im assuming that Rhaegar didnt have Lyanna in hiding for 9 months while being prego, she must have been seen around the RK. its even suggested here that Rhaegar moved here there to keep her safe from Aerys. Varys along with many other people must have seen that Lyanna was pregnant, Varrys sees/knows everything goin on around there.

Why is it never questioned what happened to her child? Ned and Howland were the only people who knew exactly what happened at the TOJ but they werent the only people that knew it happened though, right? No one, not even Varys, the spider that knows all, ever questioned Ned returning to WF with a child and claiming it as his after going to the place where his pregnant sister was and returning with her bones?

Has Varys or anyone else ever asked specifically about Jon or questioned about him?

My apologies if its been discussed before or if I dont remember it exactly from the book...

Im assuming that Rhaegar didnt have Lyanna in hiding for 9 months while being prego, she must have been seen around the RK. its even suggested here that Rhaegar moved here there to keep her safe from Aerys. Varys along with many other people must have seen that Lyanna was pregnant, Varrys sees/knows everything goin on around there.

Why is it never questioned what happened to her child? Ned and Howland were the only people who knew exactly what happened at the TOJ but they werent the only people that knew it happened though, right? No one, not even Varys, the spider that knows all, ever questioned Ned returning to WF with a child and claiming it as his after going to the place where his pregnant sister was and returning with her bones?

Has Varys or anyone else ever asked specifically about Jon or questioned about him?

We think Rhaegar took Lyanna straight to the ToJ, and Jon was conceived there.

Lyanna was never at the Red Keep. She and Rhaegar were in hiding from the minute they ran off together (assuming it was all consenual of course). The Targaryens were nearly as pissed about the whole thing as the Starks were so they couldn't have just been hanging out in King's Landing.

Thanks Fire Eater and Cliche Guevara, you guys saying it kinda makes me think Ive heard that before. Ive been reading the big TOJ thread and thought I had a new idea for a second lol.

There must have been a wet nurse or some type of help there with Lyanna, right? Im assuming that it was Wylla, who is said to be Jon's mother, and someone tells Arya that they knew her and she was their wet nurse.

I just find it crazy that no one has ever found out that Lyanna was pregnant and had a child there.

Thanks Fire Eater and Cliche Guevara, you guys saying it kinda makes me think Ive heard that before. Ive been reading the big TOJ thread and thought I had a new idea for a second lol.

There must have been a wet nurse or some type of help there with Lyanna, right? Im assuming that it was Wylla, who is said to be Jon's mother, and someone tells Arya that they knew her and she was their wet nurse.

I just find it crazy that no one has ever found out that Lyanna was pregnant and had a child there.

Yeah, I also think there had to be at least a wet nurse and some servants at the TOJ. Edric Dayne is the one who talked to Arya about Wylla. He said he was "milk brothers" with Jon, meaning they had the same wet nurse. It's definitely possible that she was at the TOJ with Lyanna and Rhaegar, then travelled with Ned and Jon to Starfall when Ned went to return Dawn, then stayed there at least long enough to be a wet nurse for Edric a few years later. Who knows, maybe she's still there!

Can somebod please explain the whole Aegon is fake and Varys is tryeing to restore House Blackfyre theory please?

Are there any text evidences/hints which suggest that Aegon is fake and Varys a Blackfyre?

Thats not a small question. There are almost as many post on it as there is R + L = J. The evidences both sides use is mostly the same things. I for 1 don't think it matters if he real or not. here is a couple but again there are many

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/59884-is-aegon-vi-fake/page__st__200

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/73358-why-does-everybody-think-that-aegon-is-fake/page__st__420

In the last Selmy chapter in aDwD, who would the 6 corpses be that are flung over the walls by the trebuchets? IIRC, they mention all 6 trebuchets being used but i didn't think the Yunkai had 6 hostages left

I believe they only have three hostages left. There is disagreement on the forums about who or what was loaded on them, but I think it was probably the corpses of those who had the flux. Biological warfare.

I believe they only have three hostages left. There is disagreement on the forums about who or what was loaded on them, but I think it was probably the corpses of those who had the flux. Biological warfare.

It was corpses with the flux as revealed in TWoW sample Tyrion chapter from GRRM. The Mongols would do the same with corpses afflicted with the black plague.

Archived