Arya Stark’s plan and the Twins theory

What book is that?

50 Shades of Grey, which started as online fan fiction about Twilight- the first of which may have been the worst movie I've ever seen. I won't say I'm cursed to have teenaged sisters; I do love my sisters to death, but I could do without the sparkly vampires.

Gotta add that 50 Shades might not have the vampires (the author apparently rewrote it when she realized she could be making money) but it's plotless smut from half of what I hear, and the best book ever written from the dumbed-down mainstream other half.

And I love, love, love that you guessed the bible, aryagonnakill! I guess if you take into account that most of the stories from the Old Testament are rehashed from Babylonian mythology, and most of Babylonian mythology is rehashed Sumerian mythology, then, yes, you can count it as fan fiction!

Warging with a dragon would be pretty sweet. I really really highly doubt arya would do it though. I doubt it'll happen at all in the books, but if it does, you'd think it'd be a targayen that does it, right? Not necessarily I suppose. Anyway, it's no secret that arya is going to emerge from the shadows of Braavos yearning for blood; that's her whole point as a character. But coming in all deus ex machina and slaughtering the Freys at a whim is just wishful fantasy. And like a dozen people said already, thats just not what Martin does.

Arya is older than Bran and Bran is 10 at the beginning. In other words since it must be several years already since the beginning of the story she must be about 13-14 years old. This would justify the bodily changes that are described in ADWD which I'm pretty sure are not JUST Arya gaining muscle mass but actually gaining a more womanly body. I'm pretty sure he talks about how her legs are growing to be longer and such things.

It is safe to say she will probably meet up again with nymeria

Vengeance on the Frey however will be even crueler than Arya and the wolves I think. But maybe it will be a part of it.

In the series they do point in one scene how Arya says she will eventually have to find members of her family. We know she'll never see Robb and her mother again and it's unlikely she'll ever physically see Bran again. She'll probably see Jon again because with all GRRM has built on how they have a particularly close relationship it would be a little ridiculous not to have them see each other ever again (Yes Jon ain't dead for me). And Sansa of course... In the series she takes some time before admitting she will eventually have to meet again with Sansa.

Now I like the series despite the countless forgotten plots and GRRM has told the rest of the story to the directors. I'm sure some little slips like that must have happened if we look closely.

I hope Lord Walder gets a painful bloody death, he doesnt deserve dying of old age or something comfy. .

Because of his obsession with "heirs" and becasue of all those he's already amassed, I think the deserved end for Walder is to see ALL of his heirs perish before he himself is done in... maybe just knowing that his "life's work" of creating the massive family and its legacy will be extinguished will be more than he can handle.

Actually what I see happening is that since Walder Frey has a certain weakness towards marrying very young ladies, that Arya will use her FM skills to appear as a beautiful woman that he doesn't know. And she will pretend that she is interested in Lord Walder Frey, and when he tries to lure her into his bed chamber she will enter and kill him there.

Actually what I see happening is that since Walder Frey has a certain weakness towards marrying very young ladies, that Arya will use her FM skills to appear as a beautiful woman that he doesn't know. And she will pretend that she is interested in Lord Walder Frey, and when he tries to lure her into his bed chamber she will enter and kill him there.

Lord Walder Frey doesn't know Arya in the first place. He's never seen her and sefinitely wouldn't recognize even descriptions after the 2-3 years since the beginning of the book. Girls ata that age grow fast as is mentioned at the beginning of ADWD. In the next 2 books she'll be a young woman, not a little girl any longer.

I think Arya will leave the FM when she hears that Arya Stark has arrived in Bravoss with one of Staniss's knights. Probably she will return by east watch, i have no idea, but i am sure she will come back to Westeros in the next book. I have one question. If she leaves the FM will they hunt her ? (first post)

Love it, OP! I don't see it happening, but I would love it if it did!

Arya is one of my favorite characters, and I have been waiting for her to reunite with Nymeria since AGOT. There is a point in A Clash of Kings when she leaves Yoren and her group to go "make water" and she comes across a pack of wolves. They just look into her eyes and run away so I definitely think the pack can sense her connection to Nymeria. We also have references to Nymeria made by Ghost and Summer so she is most certainly the she-wolf leading the Riverlands pack.

Of all of the Starks, I think Arya will develop the most skills and be in the best place to get vengeance.

Great theory but i can't help thinking she will link up with tyrion and dany or illyrio or varys may hire her to kill someone else - someone like cersi???? only varys will know who she really is so this will open some doors for her to return to the north although cerci is a bit obvious maybe she'll have to whack someone who is about to whack cersi ? to preserve the plans that little finger and varys have been working toward???

can't wait for WoW at any rate i think some serious stuff is about to unravel

That seems very likely and would be great she kills him then takes his face and disposes off his body somehow.But ı think she will use a pretty girl to merry Walder and then she will kill him in bedding and she will assume his face.She and the girl that married Walder will get their vengeance.This seems more likely no possible way to get caught.

I have a feeling Stoneheart - (anticat) and her band may well sort out the Freys and Stannis, if he survives, will roll up to the twins to an empty castle (or 2). I agree the wolf pack must be Nymeria's pack and Arya may assist in mucho Frey death via her wolf skin persona but i think more that she will harry the riverlands and pick off survivors fleeing south form the twins after whatever happens there goes down.

don't forget there is still Rickon and shaggy dog loose on - i'm guessing - Skagos where the onion knight has gone to find them... there is much more to happen before the north is avenged at the twins and i think there is some other plan ahead for our mate Walder Frey.

Besides i really think there is something about sam's broken horn we are all missing - will see if i can start a bit of a thread on that one!

Arya is older than Bran and Bran is 10 at the beginning. In other words since it must be several years already since the beginning of the story she must be about 13-14 years old. This would justify the bodily changes that are described in ADWD which I'm pretty sure are not JUST Arya gaining muscle mass but actually gaining a more womanly body. I'm pretty sure he talks about how her legs are growing to be longer and such things.

Bran was six and Arya eight at the beginning of the story. (Rickon was 3-4, Sansa 11/12 and Robb 15) It sounds to me you have the TV series and the books confused a bit. Arya is 11 now, if my time line is correct.

It certianly is time for Arya to begin 'developing' I just wanted to mention it sounds as though you are a bit ahead of yourself.

Arya, Nymeria, the river that growled like wolves (I forget the exact line but it was somewhere in ASoS) yea they all need to get back together. But I do see Arya's purpose, or one of her purposes, is to get inside those Frey castles. Not only for revenge, but also so we can know wtf has been going on inside of there since the RW. They've got a handful of Northmen as prisoners and the supposed RobbWind body (which is probably pretty decomposed by now, if it exists), and who knows what else since Frey is such a devious bastard. I wanna know what they've got in there and what they've been doing!

I don't think it'll be as easy as a pack of wolves tearing down the walls and ripping everyone to shreds, as cool as that imagery is, but yea, I do agree that Arya is going to the Twins at some point. Then imagine awesome little Arya with the surviving Bannermen of the KotN at her ass.

Side note, am I crazy or have there been some river wild/wolf connections scattered throughout the books?

I like this a lot and it sounds likely with what Martin has Arya doing currently. I can see her infiltrating the Twins like this through Walder's pants. Even better though, would be if she got the entire family in one hall and locked them in and burned the place. And make Walder watch as his own line is extinguished before his eyes so he knows nobody has lived to carry on his house. And play the Rains of Cashmere while it's going on.

THEN Arya can kill the old prick!

Arya possibly doesn't need to go back to Westeros to kill the Freys. I think she will be able to warg Nymeria from Bravos and as Nymeria is the leader of a huge wolf pack the Freys will be wiped out in their sleep. Actually, it's quite possible Arya won't even do the killing on purpose, she might do it while sleeping. I think the Faceless men will know if it happens. I wonder what their reaction could be: on one hand they dislike killing without a religious reason but on the other Arya would be a perfect assassin: she can kill from afar and she can kill many people at the same time.

In Westeros the extermination of the Freys would be seen as godly justice and would be sung of for centuries.

Also, the picture of thousands of wolves coming out of the forest and entering a castle to massacre everyone inside reminds me somehow of Lovecraft, whom I think Martin admires.

I like this a lot and it sounds likely with what Martin has Arya doing currently. I can see her infiltrating the Twins like this through Walder's pants. Even better though, would be if she got the entire family in one hall and locked them in and burned the place. And make Walder watch as his own line is extinguished before his eyes so he knows nobody has lived to carry on his house. And play the Rains of Cashmere while it's going on.

THEN Arya can kill the old prick!

For five books now he's been saying that he has too many descendants, so if you want to make it a really poetic revenge, he has to watch all of them die, get his Frey-making organ cut off and then be left to live out the remainder of his life in bitter loneliness, fully aware of the fact that his House would die with him.

ETA: Still, I don't think that all the Freys will die.

Archived