Arya Stark’s plan and the Twins theory

He always said he had too many descendants, so if you want to make it a really poetic revenge, then he has to watch all of them die, get his Frey-making organ cut off and then be left to live out the remainder of his life in bitter loneliness, fully aware of the fact that his House would die with him.

Of everything proposed so far, this would definitely be the fairest outcome. Too bad this book series is never fair.

I would love for this to happen, and I will be cheering if it does. BUT I also wanted a Stark to kill Joffrey, and that didn't happen. For all his sins, Joff got off too easy IMO, and sadly, no one truly got vengence. Joff was killed only to set up Tyrion and free Margarey. With Martin, you never know. Old age could kill the Late Lord Frey (or he could outlive them all).

I like your theory, but that is exacltly why it will not happen. It would just be to sweet.

Somehow, I have a feeling that Aryas big kill will be Varys. I do not have any facts to support this, just a hunch.

I just thought of them like kind of equals, when she was running around in Fle Bottom, and in Bravos. Much like Varys once did.

And who knows, perhaps Varys also has some Faceless Men training, he is atleast good with costumes and changing his appearance.

But the question in this theory would be why Arya would want to kill Varys, sent by the kindly man perhaps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When Tyrion is on the Shy Maid, he is thinking of the books he wished he had while trying to write down all he knows about dragons. He thinks of an anonymous work called Blood and Fire and sometimes called The Death of Dragons. The only surviving copy supposedly hidden away in a vault beneath the Citadel. This would be my guess if he is indeed searching for a book about killing dragons.

This is for sure what Pate/Jaqen is looking to steal at the Citidel. At least IMHO. The interesting question is why do the FM want it. Is it so they will have the knowledge to kill the dragons themselves or is it to deprive the citadel of that knowledge.

Just checked the thread topic. Probably not the right place for this. My apologies.

I don't think Arya gets a crack at the Frey's... they've never been on her list. The Frey's will be dealt with by others (Northman, Sansa's upcoming alliance, BwB, otherwise). To have Arya suddenly stray from her list at this point seems off.

The Frey's are going down... but not from Arya.

My view of Arya is like dropping out of bootcamp before someone becomes a soldier. She'll learn form the FM but never go all in to the end. If she did she is lost. She will leave eventually. Seriously, she learned more from Syrio. She pulls his advice out at the most crucial moments. It has always put her in good stead, kept her calm, clear headed before she makes a move, etc. And then there are the sword skills too.

She has the stealth, street smart, and unassuming look of a young girl, little do they know. She would be helpful to whoever she encounters in Westeros. Because she either meets up with the BWB, or someone finds her when she arrives, Brienne, Jaime, and they lead her to the protection of numbers. Not sure who, maybe the BWB and Stoneheart that way? Or Stark banners but I am not sure of the point A to point B on that scenario. Plus, I can't see her not meeting up with Nymeria and having more strength in numbers due to the pack either.

My view of Arya is like dropping out of bootcamp before someone becomes a soldier. She'll learn form the FM but never go all in to the end. If she did she is lost.

How about her not finishing her training proves crucial when she dies from the FM hand?

All I want is for her to stop treading water... not that she is per se, but you know, as far as Westeros is concerned. And also, if she is to go back - and I think/hope she is - I don't think I could stand another eternal wandering about the land, not knowing where to go, and us ending up getting 20+ chapters without her fighting or whatever useful stuff GRRM could come up for her.

It makes you wonder if that is just the damned arc in front of our noses. Arya and Gendry meet up with BWB. So does the Hound. Brienne was with Cat. Uncat meets up with Gendry and BWB and Brienne again. Brienne is looking for Sansa and Arya, Sandor may be on the QI, Brienne keeps hearing of him on the road, Brienne meets up with BWB, Gendry of all people saves her, and she meets up with Uncat. Gendry is there with Uncat, mother of his buddy, Arya.

Really, is Arya meeting up with Jon, or Bran, or Rickon? Not so sure. Maybe we are making it harder on ourselves. Maybe her arc is tied to Uncat and the BWB. And the BWB is still looking for the Hound, Brienne thinks the Hound is out there and has Sansa, Uncat most likely has Brienne bring Jaime back, Brienne suspects something of Gendry's background. And Nymeria is on the road out there and both she and Arya would certainly be glad to meet up again.

What the hell?

Arya is still young. If she gives it much thought, the Freys will make her list. Nonetheless, her list is dying off at a rapid pace all by themselves. I kind of think we are going to be in a situation where she comes back to a Westeros where all her enemies are dead.

I want to point out that in book 4, Raff the Sweetling was sent off to a port to bring a prisoner back to Lord Manderly. And the rest of the Bloody Mummers scattered after the roast goat. Arya's not likely to be able to finish that list — it's not like she can get on Raff the Sweetling's Twitter feed and go from there.

Arya is tooootally going to pull a Luke Skywalker from the end of Empire Strikes Back. She will train with the FM for awhile and improve her skills, but will find out through either warging Nymeria or eavesdropping or somehow that her family is in trouble. Maybe she'll find out that her mother is still alive. Personally I'd like Arya to somehow save Sansa once she is in trouble, I've been waiting for that reunion for awhile. Whatever the conflict is, Arya will leave the FM, despite the warning of the KM or whoever else, and return to Westeros to settle her affairs.

in addition to your theory....

while Arya is changed into someone who could gain entrance ot the twins, the BWB is also planning an attack. The BWB sees their chance to enter the Twins after Arya kill the guards, but before the wolves can enter. LS is with the BWB, and she has "masked" Arya killed, but Arya's face changes back into her normal self and LS kills herself from grief, or the wolves enter and kill LS. OR, Arya kills LS, then realizes its her mother and vice versa, there is a brief reunion while we see LS dying, but she returns to Catelyn before she dies because her heart has been softened again by seeing her daughter. BOOM!

in addition to your theory....

while Arya is changed into someone who could gain entrance ot the twins, the BWB is also planning an attack. The BWB sees their chance to enter the Twins after Arya kill the guards, but before the wolves can enter. LS is with the BWB, and she has "masked" Arya killed, but Arya's face changes back into her normal self and LS kills herself from grief, or the wolves enter and kill LS. OR, Arya kills LS, then realizes its her mother and vice versa, there is a brief reunion while we see LS dying, but she returns to Catelyn before she dies because her heart has been softened again by seeing her daughter. BOOM!

I like the first one better ! Could be cool...

I'm wth Moon64 tho, I hope she will get to see Sansa agin.

Archived