A Look at Slaver's Bay

Westeros

While exterior filming in Belfast seems largely to be wrapping up—though a major event isn’t quite done filming, suggesting that what remains is interior shooting—filming has begun in Essaouira, Morocco where a significant part of Daenerys Targaryen’s story for the third season will be take place. Essaouira will stand in for the region of Essos known as Slaver’s Bay.

And, just like Dubrovnik, the fact that they’re filming in a city means that photographs of sets, props, and actors are starting to crop up. What follows are definitely a bit spoilerish, so be aware of that:read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Really hope that what we think is the Unsullied is true! They look like they mean business in the show, can't wait to see more of Dany in season 3, I'm excited to see what the writers will change and adapt.

I think seeing Barristan again is the thing I'm looking forward to the most! Ian rocks.

Yes. Great character, played by an awesome guy!

Yes. Great character, played by an awesome guy!

Indeed!

I think we can expect a teaser or trailer soon (wishful thinking?)! First teaser for season 2 was back in Septembre last year.

Indeed!

I think we can expect a teaser or trailer soon (wishful thinking?)! First teaser for season 2 was back in Septembre last year.

With filming to be done soon (?) I reckon it'll not be long before we see something. Surprised we haven't already to be honest. If it's as good as 'The Cold Winds are Rising' teaser from last year, we're in for a treat!

If these are indeed Unsullied, then I'm delighted with their new look; they seem much more fearsome than the ones we briefly saw in season 1, as they should.

Also, I really like the shots of the walls and sea, and can't help but be reminded of that "red smile" scene in season 2, with Joffrey, Tyrion and Varys atop the walls, surveying the fortifications.

I'm really looking forward to more Barristan too, Ian McElhinney is a fantastic actor.

Overall, these shots have fed my continuing excitement for season 3!

Wow!

You did not let on there was a whole suite of photos!

I like the location, wonder where that is in Morocco?

That North African location looks like a perfect Astapor, and with some CGI should be sensational.

(I like the ocean in the background.)

Is Danny wearing a Dragon's Tooth amulet?

The near North African costuming looks right and who are those few guys, besides 'Kraznys'(?) with kind of upscale clothing.

Some slaves with their collars about.

I notice they are trying to , as best they can, keep the lead ladies costumes under wraps, both Emilia and Nathalie Emmanuel wearing this coats and it does not look warm at all. So Missandei will be in what ever scene they are filming.

Boy! Hope that guy does not drop that camera!!

O yeah, and how about those flags ... can't quite make them out.

those flags look like harpies to me!

also, would the unsullied be the guys in the black with the face helms/masks, or the guys in the bronze armor with the circular thinger at the front?

I forgot what they were called, but didn't some guy in Mereen have soldiers who wore black masks?

Those flags are harpies, I did not notice at first.

(Harpy statues will probably be CGI-ed in.)

One wonders who the lady with the 'leopard' tattoo is?

those flags look like harpies to me!

also, would the unsullied be the guys in the black with the face helms/masks, or the guys in the bronze armor with the circular thinger at the front?

I forgot what they were called, but didn't some guy in Mereen have soldiers who wore black masks?

I think I see Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) wearing the black armor, so I think those are the unsullied (or maybe is just a random guy who looks like him)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aminelk/8094457979/in/set-72157631777977046/lightbox/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived