Board Issues 2

Xray the Enforcer

A big thank you to Ran and Sparks for all their hard work in getting Forum Games back up and running and for getting it back without losing any of the threads, you guys kick ass :cheers:

I'm having the strangest issue. I had some malware recently, so could be related, but I don't know for sure. I got rid of the malware and my security scanner says my computer is clean. But I can't post on the board (doing this from my phone). I can type in the space but nothing happens when I hit the post button. Interestingly, I can PM. Anyone have any ideas?

Dracarya, did you have to resize it to meet the upload requirements and lose the animation in the process? Small, simple animated GIFs should work, because Liar over in Forum Games just re-uploaded his old one and it's fine.

Dracarya, did you have to resize it to meet the upload requirements and lose the animation in the process? Small, simple animated GIFs should work, because Liar over in Forum Games just re-uploaded his old one and it's fine.

Ah yes I did, but I also had to resize it for another forum and it's fine there. Hmm.

When Invision processes the avatar to ensure it's of an appropriate size and all optimized, it does seem to remove the animation. A bit unfortunate. But yes, an external avatar (i.e., Gravatar) will work, but it might take the board's caches a bit to update and show the Gravatar instead of the uploaded-locally one.

As of yesterday, I am having issues with seeing everything on my IPad. It's like there are ads or something causing strange squares everywhere.

It works fine at other sites. It's just this one that's acting weird and it's only on my IPad.

What should I do?

That's a strange one. It'd be Facebook related. I don't have the issue, myself.

I also don't have a problem with the site on the iPad. Were you using Tapatalk? I still need to update to the latest version.

Okay - I'm reporting back on my problem. It was Ipad related. I cleared my cookies and history in Safari and then powered off the Ipad and that fixed my problem.

So sorry to trouble you guys - thanks! :)

The weird squares thing is an issue I saw on my own iPad; an ad banner (FastClick, I think) wrote some weird mangled cookie and caused sites using that banner system to get all wonkynuts in terms of layout. Hence why clearing cookies would've fixed it for you.

The static.ak.facebook.com thing is an issue with Facebook's content delivery network. Normally, requests to Facebook's image URL would be sent to the Akamai sites via http (not requiring a certificate). Earlier, however, for whatever reason, requests for a little 16x16 PNG of the Facebook logo were being redirected to https instead, and thus returned with Akamai's default certificate for the server. This, quite legitimately, would lead to a certificate error; some browsers don't care whether certificates match for images embedded on a non-secured page, but others -- Safari, notably -- will throw a giant 'whoa wait what' dialog up.

That said, chatter around the net is that Akamai's fixed the certificate problem as of about 40 minutes ago, so it should be gone now.

I started a new topic last week but it wasn't posted. It said that it will need approval from a moderator before it is shown, but I don't see why a moderator would disapprove of it? There was nothing inappropriate in the post

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, did the forum change the way it looks recently? Because all of a sudden the site looks like this to me: fonts are larger, the spacing is wider, the links are blue and there's that weird grey border around the board....It wasn't like this last night. I tried on both Firefox and Opera browsers.

Or is it just me?

Archived