Defiance

SpaceChampion

It's better,but they sure we're all over the map with Christys storyline.

Is she ruthless now? Is Alac afraid of her?

I think he was turned on, not afraid. :dunno:

Enjoy this season more than last, but

Spoiler
the purple terraforming death ray was dumb.

I think he was turned on, not afraid. :dunno:

Enjoy this season more than last, but

Spoiler
the purple terraforming death ray was dumb.

I thought he was afraid.

The purple was kinda dumb, though it made for a pretty ending. I liked the user interface made out of floating rocks though.

I really hope Defiance can get its act together. I actually think they might do better with a 10 ep season. Even this season it felt like there was some filler in the middle.

Couple things that really annoy me:

Old mayor boning psycho new mayor and she still doesn't know any of the shit he has pulled to get with her

Old mayor letting off her sister's murderer with zero consequence. I can see not just shooting her, but not even legally prosecuting her with some BS power vacuum in the criminal underworld excuse?

I still think this show is pretty stupid, yet I keep watching.

finished the season. I think it's half decent when at the top of its game. The mythology behind the key is well-done and the destruction of New York was pretty dramatic (although if it wasn't for the fact it was NY there'd have been zero emotional investment in it).

I thinking they are slowing realising which characters work best eg Mr/Mrs castethan and the indogene Doctor. Nolan is best when being self righteous and a man of action. They just need to be more ballsy with dropping the ones that are dull Christy and Alac (I think one of them should die at least) and I agree the ex mayor and the creepy new one are all kinds of dull/wrong,

I didn't really have a problem with the purple deathray - especially when it seemed to be the purple smoke from it was some terraforming agent,

I also agree that the rocks/arc interface was really well done.

I think the final scene with Tommy would have been better if Arissa had realised Tommy would never sacrifice the world for himself instead of having to be told by her dad it was a trick.

Any word on this getting a third season? Hopefully it can up its game and return in a block with "the expanse" (which I'm hoping will be as good as the books)

• 9 months later...

The thread is getting a little long but we still haven't hit 400 yet. New episodes last night and it was actually a pretty good way to shake things up. I don't know if this should count as a spoier thread or not but things definatly happened this episode that need to be commented on.

Technically it should be turned into a spoiler thread. There only seems to be a dozen people at most watching and talking about it though so it's unlikely to arouse anger. But decorum suggests we should use spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i watch it a tiny bit with my nan here and there tho i dont remember any of season 2 and hardly any of season 1 but i watched the episode ''my name is datak tarr and i am here to kill you'' or whatever and i fucking loved it i laughed my fucking ass off at the end i couldn't stop roaring with laughter is was fucking mental and brilliant 

Did I predict T'evgin would die? I think I did. I guess Kindzie is actually acting according to the racial superiority ideology of the Omec so from he perspective what she's doing is right and good. Space Vampires are like that. We're the best and everyone else is food.

It's possible for several more seasons to come out of this world, but I think the tight focus on Defiance would need to change. A broader conflict with the Omec, being a global threat, can bring about that wider focus.

Archived