White Luck Warrior XI: 11 Hells down, 100 to Go

Spring Bass

Amazon's dates can be rather iffy this far out. I'm more troubled by the lack of indication about the book in the Overlook calendar - is Bakker having issues with the US publisher again? What are the Canadian and UK publishers saying?

Scott's Canadian publisher is Penguin, they don't have a listing for the book yet.

Neither does Overlook; I do not think this is indicative of troubles with his publisher at all, merely confirmation of what we already know. The book is not finished and is not on Overlook's schedule upto and including Summer 2013. They can still release it in the second half, which is really what we're expecting anyway.

As for the Amazon UK listing, there is clearly confusion going on there, as Orbit has not scheduled the book this far out. If you go to the Little Brown website, you will see Unholy Consult listed, as July 2012. It simply has not been properly updated, and I really don't think Amazon UK's date of July 2014 reflects publisher info. That simply does not make sense, because again, Orbit UK's schedule currently runs up to September 2013 on Amazon UK.

We just have to hope Scott gets it done soon, hopefully this year, and then we will probably see it Fall 2013.

Just to add, once you see a date for Scott's book on Amazon.ca, then you know the release date is real. The listings for Scott's previous books have always been correct there. I guess Penguin Canada is his primary publisher as well. Overlook's date on amazon.com has also been reliable. It's just with Amazon UK, dates get thrown around a lot, where this series is concerned anyway. It was like that with Judging Eye and WLW as well.

Damn. That is really disappointing. I want this shit yesterday. Of course I don't want quality to suffer, so if this is what is necessary, so be it. But I was still holding out hope that we'd get this about a year earlier than that.

How seriously should this date be taken?

I guess we know what that means for 2013 while we wait for the book...

THE SLOG OF SLOGS!!!!!!!

10 of you should get together and dress up as shae.

The Shae costume sounds pretty much like the Inchoroi costume. From Storm of Swords:

Within, the dragon skulls were waiting, and so was Shae. "I thought m'lord had forgotten me." Her dress was draped over a black tooth near as tall as she was, and she stood within the dragon's jaws, nude. Balerion, he thought. Or was it Vhagar? One dragon skull looked much like another.

Beat.

Oh, that Shae…

The Shae costume sounds pretty much like the Inchoroi costume. From Storm of Swords:

Beat.

Oh, that Shae…

I wonder how Tyrion and Shaeonanra would get along. Certainly Tyrion is damned, no? Maybe he'd be jump at the chance to seal shut the after life.

That's what I was planning on... sadly, after some measurement, I don't think I qualify as "pendulous." :blushing:

Perhaps if you use the metric system instead of American? At the very least it'll sound more impressive.

And there has to be something we can do with vestigial faces, or a cloak decorated with faces.

Archived