White Luck Warrior XI: 11 Hells down, 100 to Go

Spring Bass

What greater significance could Meppa have beyond being a Kelllhus or Moe plant? If Kellhus met Meppa earlier, could he have learned enough of the Psukhe to make a difference? We know Titriga seems to lighten the stain of his Mark, presumably by recollection of the God in total, so could Kellhus do the same?

I know Kellhus is Dunyain, but could he make a rational decision to descend into irrational, messianic insanity as a means to an end?

Perhaps none. But I can't discount the possibility that there's some greater significance. I think it's curious that there's just one Cish, and that he's seemingly so powerful.

But what do you expect him to do? That's what I'm curious about - Do you think his magic will play some major role in some possible plan to alter the metaphysics of Earwa?

Or will he kill Fayanal at the right moment?

Or something else entirely?

I still suspect that what you believe doesn't matter a great deal. The Fanim seem more right about the outside and the metaphysics (if the conversation with psatma can be believed) but in the end it's like psatma said - you can call them gods or demons, but they're going to make you their prison bitch in hell one way or another.

I think that the author has suggested that there might really be one true faith in Earwa, and it wouldn't shock me if it's the Fanim belief in the Solitary God.

There really aren't a whole lot of other options, are there? There's Inrithism, Fanimry, the Scylvendi pseudo-religion...and that's basically it, isn't it? Are the Nilnameshi Fanim? We know that Inrithi is at least partially B.S., since the Inchoroi made it.

Do the Nonmen have religion?

As a narrative occlusion, what can Bakker explore with Meppa?

- Spiritual absolution

- Angelic Ciphrang

- The true nature of the Outside and the hierarchy and agency of those entities therein

- Moenghus' legacy, his sect of Cishaurim and his actual grasp of Earwan metaphysics

- The Third Sight - its reflection of Damnation and its relation to the Judging Eye

- The false anointing of Fanayal

- Revealing the White-Luck Warrior's identity

Just thoughts

If the Cish really do recollect the God as a whole, perhaps Meppa can sense this wholeness in a way even Kellhus cannot. Does comprehended[ing] God's wholeness make God whole, if only for a moment?

Will Kellhus use Meppa to talk to God?

There's Inrithism, Fanimry, the Scylvendi pseudo-religion...and that's basically it, isn't it?

The basic religion of the three Seas is Kiünnat. This is the religion of the Tusk, with a pantheon of named gods from Ajokli to Yatwer. Nanny Pat is an example of a major follower. It remains one of the strongest religions.

The Kiünnat was reformed by Inri Sejenus. Inrithism is now the main official religion in the Northern Three Seas, that has harnessed the polytheistic cults into the administrative body of the Thousand Temples, transforming it a religion that it monotheistic on the surface.

Fanimry is an even more recent development that is strictly monotheistic. But the Cults remain, both in Fanim and Inrithi lands, but also in Northern cities such as Athritau. Recall Leweth the trapper:

“Not much, really. He spoke mostly about his religion. Said he was Inrithi, a follower of the Latter Prophet, Inri”—his brows knotted for a moment—“something or another. Can you imagine? A latter prophet?” Leweth paused, eyes unfocused, struggling to render the episode in words. “He kept saying that I was damned unless I submit to his prophet and open my heart to the Thousand Temples—I’ll never forget that name.”

Zeümi worship ancestors, not gods, as far as I understand.

The Nonmen seem to worship absence.

I don't think anything is known about Arithau but presumably it's close enough Ishual that we'll see it.

So, recalling my prophetic dream where I see Bakker on the street after TUC comes out - It was rather warm, and as I recall Bakker had on shorts. So I'd say that puts TUC at late summer or early fall 2013?

So, recalling my prophetic dream where I see Bakker on the street after TUC comes out - It was rather warm, and as I recall Bakker had on shorts. So I'd say that puts TUC at late summer or early fall 2013?
Or he's one of those hipster assholes that wears shorts no matter what time of year it is.

Solo hypothesized that their penis, while raping, represented three bodies in one and was thus a perversion of the holy trinity or something to that effect. I unfortunately forget which Bakker thread it was in. I wish there was a reference for every funny Bakker related post made in one of these threads.

represented three bodies in one and was thus a perversion of the holy trinity

hahaha forgot about that. it's here. that was a fun thread.

ETA--

i note with much admiration that, in the thread aforelinked, maia theorized that the inchies wrote the tusk.

therefore, +1 maia!

unless maia has all along been an RSB sockpuppet.

Reading that thread is kinda sad. Since then we've found out that damnation is universal and the inchoroi have always fought against it, that the nonmen learned of what was truly at stake when seeing the inverse fire, that the gods truly are alien things, that nin wasn't cleric. So much has changed.

Reading that thread is kinda sad. Since then we've found out that damnation is universal and the inchoroi have always fought against it, that the nonmen learned of what was truly at stake when seeing the inverse fire, that the gods truly are alien things, that nin wasn't cleric. So much has changed.

Damnation is universal? Is that confirmed? I thought that that wass that one lone Cishie's belief (and he wouldn't even call it universal).

Universal as in its not just about earwa. Or the men and nonmen on earwa. It's everywhere the inches have been. It isn't a special thing, and the inchies aren't damned just because they are on earwa.

I think it's explained the Inchoroi came to Earwa on purpose in order to create a world sealed off from the afterlife so they wouldn't be punished for their sorcery. The fact that there's so few of them (only one ship), implies that whereever they left from, they were probably in the minority on that planet as well.

The fuck was I talking about/thinking? Aside from the fact that they're damned for being rape-y, which was clearly stated by Kellhus in TTT, IIRC, there's the fact that most of them died when the ship crashed, and presumably a giant space-ship is really, really expensive - so that there's only one ship shouldn't really be an indicator of whether they were a minority faction on their home planet.

Actually reading the rest of my posts, I think I had either had a stroke, or was mentally disabled. I really wish I could search back to 2007 or whenver it was when I first joined this board. The incredibly stupid ASoIaF theories I must have been spouting over in those book forums would be amazing (to me).

At least I now know I must've read PoN for the first time in May 2009, or something. Always wondered why I had no memories of spouting Bakker-philosophy in High School. Thought I'd read the books earlier than that, guess not. Totally would've gotten me laid...

Archived