White Luck Warrior XI: 11 Hells down, 100 to Go

Spring Bass

we ordered a brussel sprouts appetizer at dinner last night, I think that makes us hipsters.

Just saw something in a film I had to add to this thread.

You believe your own twaddle!

Who says I believe it? But ask for a word of advice and I'll give you two, I'm a man of learning afterall.

Have there been any theories thrown around touching on the possibility of Dunyain involvement in world affairs before Moenghus? Perhaps Moe unknowingly laid down the groundwork foreseen by the Pragmas, and with Kellhus driving the plan full bore, they've moved the Dunyain from Ishual to set up the endgame.

I realize that this concept opposes our most fundamental bits of understanding concerning the Dunyain, but the thought came to me and I figured I'd share!

Have there been any theories thrown around touching on the possibility of Dunyain involvement in world affairs before Moenghus? Perhaps Moe unknowingly laid down the groundwork foreseen by the Pragmas, and with Kellhus driving the plan full bore, they've moved the Dunyain from Ishual to set up the endgame.

I realize that this concept opposes our most fundamental bits of understanding concerning the Dunyain, but the thought came to me and I figured I'd share!

You know, it would help explain where some of the figures like that one Judge and the current Mandate master come from. Though, in the case of the latter, the guy (named Saracees?) it may have been a shift from the oligarchical Quorum to executive Grand Master that saw him rise to power due to his ability to cast Meta-Gnosis spells.

Trisk - Yeah, I think you're right about the spelling.

I think the problem with questioning every explanation given is it opens the door to many, many things being possible. That said we do have some hints that Dunyain may be discretely entering the Three Seas population. This could be Kellhus's doing, or it could be part of a larger plan he's only now becoming aware of.

Of course, it might also be possible that Golgotterath found Ishual and turned enough of them to the cause of closing the world.

Trisk - Yeah, I think you're right about the spelling.

I think the problem with questioning every explanation given is it opens the door to many, many things being possible. That said we do have some hints that Dunyain may be discretely entering the Three Seas population. This could be Kellhus's doing, or it could be part of a larger plan he's only now becoming aware of.

Of course, it might also be possible that Golgotterath found Ishual and turned enough of them to the cause of closing the world.

I misread this as "could be Kellhus's dong"

Which would also make sense

I misread this as "could be Kellhus's dong"

Which would also make sense

In Bakkerworld, anything to do with dongs makes sense.

@sci

What hints have we gotten that there are other Dunyain in the Three Seas? Maybe I should reread but I can't remember that.

There's at least two by my count - Saccarees, who not only can cast a Metagnosis spell but is also noted for being like Khellus and, IIRC, a priest of the sea god who crossed a sea on a boat by himself...I'll have to check the details on the latter one.

I've been listening to The Darkness That Comes Before audiobook and it's pretty weird hearing the part where Sarcellus is getting all turned on by the Aurang bird read aloud. I'm glad noone walked into my room while that was playing.

:smileysex:

:leaving:

:lol:

Supposing AK has weaponized the Dunyani, where are they? The Grandmaster of the Mandate is the only obvious candidate. What use could he get out of a bunch of supermen without them being conspicuous? The imperial Trackers maybe? LotR parallels.

The nobility still run the military so not there. Somewhere else in the bureaucracy? Has he squirrelled away a battalion of Meta Gnostic sorcerers to use on a rainy day?

If we presume that Kellhus was right when he said Moe, as a Dunyain, would want to close the world, then I suspect Kellhus went back to Ishual and razed it as soon as he could.

If any Dunyain could do what Kellhus did, then his best option is to kill them all.

This is both very reasonable and very boring.

Still they should be more predictable than anyone. And he had a long time and resources to prepare the ground for them.

Edit: Random idea: He blows up Ishual then offers them the Gnosis after tempering with the heart. The only reasonable option is for them to accept.

Archived