Greatest Warrior Tournament

Top12Gun

I've created a tournament that will be voted on by you forum visitors. There will be a deadline each day, I'll count your votes for each matchup, and voila, we have a winner. First deadline is tomorrow at 12:00 (PM) and results will be announced once all the votes are counted. You can view the tournament HERE, (http://www.bracketma...=435583&tclass=) POST YOUR VOTES IN BOLD ITALIC OR I MAY MISS THEM.

Below is a list of all the fighters participating. All are assumed to be in their prime, equipped with their weapon of choice. NOT EVERYONE ON THIS LIST IS AN AMAZING FIGHTER, SOME ARE THERE SIMPLY AS FILLER (JORAH MORMONT FOR EXAMPLE).

1. Sandor "The Hound" Clegane

2. Ser Jaime Lannister

3. Syrio Forel

4. Ser Oberyn Martell

5. Ser Garlan Tyrell

6. Ser Barristan Selmy

7. Ser Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane

8. Victarion Greyjoy

9. Brienne of Tarth

10. Qhorin Halfhand

11. Lord Randyll Tarly

12. Khal Drogo

13. Lord Lyn Corbray

14. Lord Bronn Stokeworth

15. Lord Yohn Royce

16. Mance Rayder

17. Ser Brynden "Blackfish" Tully

18. Stannis Baratheon

19. Areo Hotah

20. Strong Belwas

21. Greatjon Umber

22. Thoros of Myr

23. Shagga son of Dolf

24. Timmett son of Timmett

25. Asha Greyjoy

26. Jon Snow

27. Robb Stark

28. Jorah Mormont

29. Ser Loras Tyrell

30. Ser Lothor Brune

31. Ramsay Bolton

32. Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

ETA: Please do not make additional posts ONLY for debate; Make your case for your fighter(s) in the same post as your votes, then refrain from posting until your next vote. Votes can be changed until the deadline, but you must edit your post to do so; do not double post during the same deadline.

Ser Jaime Lannister. Great jouster, winning many tournaments and matched only by Loras as far as we know. Excellent with a sword. Barristan has said hes the best natural born swordsman hes ever seen, and hes seen them all. He fought the Smiling Knight who was described as that generations Gregor Clegane, when he was only a squire. Hes the youngest ever white knight and became so when they were actually a skilled group. At the WW he almost fought his way through Robbs bodyguard, which was made up of lords sons, well trained and fierce. He killed two of Karstarks sons. After months in prison he fought and held Brienne, who marvelled at his skill and strength. He even had his hands tied and still matched her and shes far beyond average with a sword.

Hes naturally gifted and has worked all his life to improve this. In GOTs i believe he is comfortably the best warrior in the land, definately the most feared.

Areo Hotah.

The guy has the brutality, the intelligence and the strength. He has the potential to beat anyone in a duel.

Below is a list of all the fighters participating. All are assumed to be in their prime, equipped with their weapon of choice. NOT EVERYONE ON THIS LIST IS AN AMAZING FIGHTER, SOME ARE THERE SIMPLY AS FILLER (JORAH MORMONT FOR EXAMPLE).

Jorah Mormont is a pretty beastly fighter. If he's filler, then so are half the members of the list you put up. He's a big guy who knows how to wield steel. You don't discount that in a GRRM universe.

Areo Hotah.

The guy has the brutality, the intelligence and the strength. He has the potential to beat anyone in a duel.

Jorah Mormont is a pretty beastly fighter. If he's filler, then so are half the members of the list you put up. He's a big guy who knows how to wield steel. You don't discount that in a GRRM universe.

But there's no way he actually wins and beats Jaime Lannister, The Hound, Oberyn Martell or a number of others. In that, I mean he was filler.

I honestly meant for people to pick the matchups individually so that I could get a feel for where people rank fighters like Jorah. The same with half a dozen others. I see several people post that Bronn is second only to Arthur Dayne, and others say that he's a mere sellsword who was a nobody for a reason, before meeting Tyrion. So it was meant as much to gauge opinion of fighters NOT named Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Oberyn Martell or Anybody Clegane as it was to determine a champion. :\

As to putting this in games, wherever it belongs is fine with me.

Keep in mind for Thoros of Myr that he is bringing genuine sorcery to the table now. "Sword without a hilt"

He won the melee tournament

I dont think hes fought in any battles that we know of, who knows what hes capable of in a war setting

Check that, just read the wiki, he fought against the Greyjoy Rebillion, credited for being the first man.over the wall at Pyke, yeh hes badazz

Jaime Lannister would win without a doubt. I think he probably would end up being matched by either Khal Drogo or the Hound.

-Fought off the Smiling Knight when he was 15, considered one of the deadliest swordsman in Westeros, it took a long time for even Ser Arthur Dayne to kill him

-Even though the battle was lost Jaime fought through a multitude of Robb's men to try and slay him

-Barristan considers him the best natural swordsman ever

-He fights off Brienne after being malnourished for a very long time, couple that while being shackled.

On a side note I see a lot of people believe Mance Rayder to be a very skilled swordsman. for pure curiosity why is this?

Archived