Mafia Shorthand

Gertrude

Gender Bender

A name given to Halo Bender after he spent an entire game claiming to be female.

Also an increasingly common tactic used by players to throw people off their identity.

"Kill them all, let God sort it out"

Playing style- see entry Faceless Man- the player for more information.

Whiskeyjack

A frighteningly good player who invariably dies as soon as he is revealed. Yes, he is that good. A major reason why the alts were put into place.

Leaving Messages

A move made by Aoife (where is she, anyway?) when she was a healer that left clues in the early game to prove she was, in fact, the healer. It was a brilliant move that others have emulated so much, that it is now entirely suspect.

Ples:

An astoundingly good player who will ALWAYS die when he has a good role, but survive for the majority of the game when he is a Faceless Man. Also skilled at leaving messages. Mortal enemy: Whiskeyjack. Well, pretty much everybody, but Whiskey is up there.

Lord Qwerty

A player with a distinctive and quirky playing style who really loves to RP. Unfortunatly, this tends to make him look very guilty and we end up lynching him only to find out he was (incredibly) innocent after all. (Where is he? I liked dealing with his brand of insanity - in a hair pulling kind of way :P)

Dracarys Syndrome:

See Sheep :P

see also- strategies to piss the roleless innocents who just want to play the goddamn game for more info.

:rofl:

Roleless Innocent

An innocent person who has no role. See expendable.

expendable

Not necesary in any way to win the game. Can be lynched or killed without fear of removing the roled helpers. Often targetted for lynching by Faceless Man (the player) as a means of narrowing down the suspects. See Roleless Innocent.

Evil Mod (cont)

2) Mods who deliberately choose roles to create the greatest conflict/entertainment

3) Mods who turn all the rules upside down and invent new ones

4) Mods who delight in particularly gruesome death scenes

5) Mods who leave clues in the death scenes, then deny it ;)

Drunkoo McMonkoo:

Arguably the start of the alts movement: a clever diguise for WJ during Game of Thrones 7. Used for the first few rounds until Halo found him out, then revealed himself as finder and WJ. The FM then decimated most of the innocents.

RC syndrome: incapable of doing anything when not in a team. Full potential unleahsed when playing as an FM.

Short for Whiskeyjack. He is an infamous player in this game. He lies as a finder. He lies as a FM. He lies as a roleless innocent. And yet he normally wins. His winning streaks started to decline when people noticed what a threat he was. WJ is now normally the only person that the FM and innocents combine forces to kill. Once his identity is known, he is either lynched or killed at night.
Seems there are it's Whiskeyjack in each mafia community. Whiskeyjack, perhaps it will please you to hear I was killed first night thrice in a row in games 2-4 at Novosibirsk forum. And yes, I modded games 1 and 5.

By the way, what is average longevity of a day here?

Drunkoo McMonkoo:

Arguably the start of the alts movement: a clever diguise for WJ during Game of Thrones 7. Used for the first few rounds until Halo found him out, then revealed himself as finder and WJ. The FM then decimated most of the innocents.

Not true! We won that game!

Also, Lany started the alt movement with 'Juliana'. She used that in game 6 and game 7. I didn't try Drunkoo until game 7. So she was first, even though I revealed my alt first.

Also, Gert, this thread is hilarious. Great idea. I hope you compile everything into one encyclopedia-type post at some point.

I think the average length of a day and night cycle is a bit under 24 hours; of course some days last a lot less than that and a few days have lasted much longer (this game's day 1 is nowhere near the record for longest day).

Archived