Mafia Shorthand

Gertrude

Not true! We won that game!

Also, Lany started the alt movement with 'Juliana'. She used that in game 6 and game 7. I didn't try Drunkoo until game 7. So she was first, even though I revealed my alt first.

Also, Gert, this thread is hilarious. Great idea. I hope you compile everything into one encyclopedia-type post at some point.

I remember, WJ. I WAS one of the FM in that game, remember? I said "most of the innocents." Had I not put my marbles on Biter being my symp, we might have won.

I didn't know when Juliana started, though I knew she was using it in 7.

Expendable

2. Antonym of the word 'me', eg "You should kill him, because he's expendable."

Not true. Don't you remember the game Jaime was Bolton, and a finder, and we won extremely early? I let people vote me out without putting up a fight at all. Jaime neglected to cast the killing vote, but the thought was there...

When I'm a roleless innocent, my opinion doesn't change. When people think I'm suspicious, I tell them to vote me off because I'm expendable. I hate hypocrites. :mad:

Plan of Attack

A plan to which all of the players agree to follow for the next day or so, usually after agreeing to lynch a player (read:innocent). It is forgotten about entirely by the next day.

But I'm Faceless Man

An argument that FM makes that he is not really suspicious because he always seems suspicious. For some reason sheep always seem to believe this, and will never lynch FM.

everyone's against me :cry:

Unjon. Pless. RC.

Everyone hates me. You're just mad at me because everyone's always mad at me. So you aren't really mad at me because you're always mad. So I'm your friend. Because people are always mad at their friends, which I am, but you think I'm not, which isn't true. Because you are unfair to me. Which isn't fair. Because it's being unfair. Because everyone's always mad at me. Because I'm your friend. Look into the light. watch the watch. Stare into my eyes. You are getting sleeeeepppppyyyyy... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

:devil:

Lord No

A particularly hard foe to kill. He garners several votes in the early game, and indeed most often gains the majority. Then, come morning, there he is again like nothing happened. We may try to kill him again, but with the same result. Usually by day three we figure it is a losing battle and let him sit quietly on the sidelines, taunting us.

Symp

Short for Sympathizer, a bad guy who cannot kill people and comes up innocent if investigated. Everyone you disagree with should be accused of being a Symp. See Rock Solid Evidence.

Symps always leave clues Day 1

An arguement used to lynch random people based on who they mentioned in RP on Day 1. The evidence of this is almost invariably pointed to my back to back turns as a Symp in games IX and X. In neither case did I post anything at all until after Day 1 was over. In Game IX, I named 1 assassin (out of 3), 1 innocent, and 2 finders night 1. I then latched onto the last remaining Finder with several subsequent posts. In Game X, I named one innocent, and two assassins well into day 2. See Rock Solid Evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Roleless innocent

1. What everyone claims to be. The probability of actually having this role is sometimes (but not always) inversely proportional to the number of times you make this claim.

2. See expendable.

3. See sheep

Post count

A failsafe indicator of how guilty you are. See under-the-radar.

Oh wait, Pless already beat me to the first one. I'm bored. Let it stand.

reverse psychology

Use this rebuttal when someone catches you in a lie.

comprehensive list of suspicious behavior

1) posting too little, too much or in the middle

2) being agreeable or disagreeable

3) roleplaying or not roleplaying

4) making rational or irrational arguments

5) being agressive or meek

6) trying to control the game or lie low

7) being stubborn or easily swayed

8) admitting a mistake or pretending it wasn't a mistake

9) voting too much or too little or in the middle

10) switching your vote or keeping it on the same person

reverse psychology

LMAO---this is the best so far, and it is soooo very true.

reverse psychology

:rofl:

(11) changing your posting style as the game progresses or refusing to change your posting style

(12) being first or last to put a vote on someone, or being sort of in the middle

(13) revealing your alt or not revealing your alt

(14) being unaccountably absent or making OOC comments warning people you're going to be absent

(15) asking to be lynched or asking not to be lynched

(16) writing in capitals or not using capitals

:rofl:

(11) changing your posting style as the game progresses or refusing to change your posting style

(12) being first or last to put a vote on someone, or being sort of in the middle

(13) revealing your alt or not revealing your alt

(14) being unaccountably absent or making OOC comments warning people you're going to be absent

(15) asking to be lynched or asking not to be lynched

(16) writing in capitals or not using capitals

(17) number-crunching or playing by your gut

(18) getting emotionally involved in the game or appearing like an automaton with no feelings

(19) hinting that you are a lawyer, mathematician, economist or writer, or denying any of the above

(20) having your name begin with 'House'

• 3 weeks later...

Halotower

1) Claiming to be a finder as a roleless innocent, just to shake the game up. Ending up outing the real finder early, lynched first day, and getting the innocents a huge win.

2) Falsely counterclaiming as a finder when you're really the NINJA. Again, winning the game.

Archived