Mafia Shorthand

Gertrude

• 4 weeks later...

And suddenly...this thread makes sense to me.

Just wanted to add...Reasonable Reyne: Apparently, there is a stereotype of the Reyne alt being very reasonable.

I didn't know this in the last game, and so I used some rock-solid evidence which actually led me to the right conclusions, if for the entirely wrong reasons. When I first played in the mini, we all made introductions. Ibelin said he was "reasonable." Then in the big game, Ibelin alt-revealed and was killed on the first night. Though it turns out that he wasn't actually killed for being Ibelin, that was what we all assumed. Then a replacement character appeared, and introduced himself as "Reasonable Reyne." I though, "Aww, there's Ibelin again! I'm glad he's back." Then I assumed he was trying to draw another night kill by hinting at his alt. So I concluded he was roleless, and a true gentleman at that. Turns out Ibelin was Reyne and was roleless...but it had nothing at all to do with being reasonable.

• 2 months later...

Gah!

A distinguishing grammatical quirk WJ used to impersonate Halo in a Faceless Man game. WJ used it frequently as an exclamation as Halo protested vehemently on the spoiler board. Halo was more than a bit dismayed to find that the players could not see that his alt was overgahing, and thus must be the FM. It is now the preferred method of expressing frustration, anger, dismissiveness, irritation, joy, sorrow, mild amusement, surprise, dismay, despair … uh, just about everything.

• 1 month later...

Soph's night 2 club

A club founded by Sophelia after she was killed on night 2 for the third time in a row. The club is for also-rans who didn't get into the night 1 club (see kurokaze's entry above for WJ/Halo/Santagar) and offers a fine selection of food and drinks. Red Sun is a member, Plessiez an honorary member, and ibelin too, I think.

Since founding the club Sophelia has now failed to live to day 3 for seven games in a row, which probably qualifies as a mafia curse.

(Just to note, this is not a plea for pity and I don't want anyone to worry about killing me if I'm the best kill/lynch. I must find my own way out of my mafia Groundhog day. :mad: )

stop lurking and play sometime

:blush: I am lured by the prospects. But I'm sure I'd wind up hurting the flow of the game as the time I could devote to it would be haphazzard. Best to watch and be dazzled by the talent displayed.

Don't think you ladies can so easily seduce me into the madness that are these games. I have the strenght of ten because my heart is pure.

Well, okay, I fudged a little on that last part...

Pulling a GP: On the last day, with 3 players left, you try to let evil win (while you are innocent) by voting for the other player you think is innocent, and clearly stating you want evil to win.

Then you find out innocent win and you were way off all game.

I should've modkilled him for going against his team, the rules clearly state you can't deliberatly try to lose :P However, it was too hilarious to stop.

Archived