Mafia Shorthand

Gertrude

just a question from the noob ;)

what are

WIFOM and NaK standing for? (i got some suspicion, but i like to know precisely)

WIFOM is 'wine in front of me' from the princess bride. It's a circular argument.

NaK is 'not a killer'. It's used when someone has been found 'not guilty' by a finder, but you think they could still be the sympathiser.

Reasons that could kill a squirrel--In Game XXX, Wythers (whose avatar is a squirrel) was modkilled for making alt-based arguments on her alt and the (incorrectly guessed) alt of another player. Following that, whenever players wished to allude to any alt-guesses, they refrained from doing so and simply said, "I won't go into that, for reasons that could kill a squirrel." The mods also sent and received many PMs concerning squirrel-reasoning. The moral of the story is, if it could kill a squirrel, it could kill you as well. ;)

Simple. In game XXI (I think), Arryn and Greyjoy, 2 innocents, jumped at each other on day 1. None of them was lynched in the end, but their quarrel kept on during the following days, with basically 2 camps the "pro-Arryn" and the "pro-Greyjoy". People were still focused on them on day 2 (don't remember if one got lynched then). It was not before day 3, after the second finder died and left a code with his investigations, that innocents started to look a different way. But IIRC, after having lynched the guilty provided by the finder, they came back on Arryn-Greyjoy, lynched Arryn on day 4. They finally lost the game.

So, now, we refer to Arryn-Greyjoy when 2 people ae think are innocent are at each other throat and monopolise the discussion, a bit like Costayne and Swann at the end of last game.

I think the only ones I don't get are VPI and PI. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Edit: I'm going to stick my neck out and guess they mean "Very Probable Innocent" and "Probable Innocent", though clarification is just as welcome as correction :D

Simple. In game XXI (I think), Arryn and Greyjoy, 2 innocents, jumped at each other on day 1. None of them was lynched in the end, but their quarrel kept on during the following days, with basically 2 camps the "pro-Arryn" and the "pro-Greyjoy". People were still focused on them on day 2 (don't remember if one got lynched then). It was not before day 3, after the second finder died and left a code with his investigations, that innocents started to look a different way. But IIRC, after having lynched the guilty provided by the finder, they came back on Arryn-Greyjoy, lynched Arryn on day 4. They finally lost the game.

So, now, we refer to Arryn-Greyjoy when 2 people ae think are innocent are at each other throat and monopolise the discussion, a bit like Costayne and Swann at the end of last game.

Yeah, if I remember correctly neither one died till like day 4 or 5 at least and Greyjoy was alive almost till the end. That was a fun game as I was dancing with the 2 symps at the end trying to get them to vote for the last FM with me and almost fucking had it. I think I missed the window to put the vote down by like 5 mins. Very fun game. And we did get way to locked in on Arryn and Greyjoy who I believe were unJon and Lany.

Yeah, if I remember correctly neither one died till like day 4 or 5 at least and Greyjoy was alive almost till the . And we did get way to looked in on Arryn and Greyjoy who I believe were unJon and Lany.

Yep...we really hurt the innocents and that is why it has stuck around so long.

Yeah, if I remember correctly neither one died till like day 4 or 5 at least and Greyjoy was alive almost till the end. That was a fun game as I was dancing with the 2 symps at the end trying to get them to vote for the last FM with me and almost fucking had it. I think I missed the window to put the vote down by like 5 mins. Very fun game. And we did get way to locked in on Arryn and Greyjoy who I believe were unJon and Lany.

The game where you vigkilled the good warg you mean? Yeah, that was fun! :D

• 3 weeks later...

SYNNP: In Game XXXI, Karstark aka Kuro found an unintentional symp clue in another player's post that said "symp", essentially, but used two n's instead. This was also the game that VSM/Bracken broke clues by finding a clue in her first post and made what I believe is one of the best FM comebacks of all time. I would know personally. :P

... because you've played so many games? ;)

Fine. Best FM comeback in my "look, I am such a darling noobish player, I have only played like six or seven games so far and two of them were on Malazan and one exploded so it doesn't really count and you know, if there have been awesome FM moments in the past, you think these old-timers would have at least mentioned them for you know, nostalgia's sake, and I think VSM did a really fabulous job, and she is the best synnp symp ever but I guess I can't argue against the opinion of a sad little emo android!" experience.

• 1 month later...

hmm - can't recall that that's happened, so no.

I would suggest 'stooopid' cause who's gonna believe him?

*looks up sheep in the thread*

Oh yeah, right.

Although I do remember being evil with Halo and (Walp?) in the Knights/Squire game where Halo came out. It was end game, and our only, only chance of winning was to kill the bomb in the night and hope it took out an innocent. Which it did :)

Archived