Mafia Shorthand

Gertrude

Malcolmitis: uncurable illness affecting certain players, most Notably TheMalcolm. Warrants your death by N1 whether you are alted or not. As of Games 82.5 through 86.5, the caculated death rate is 77.77% by N1. It is believed to be contagious and Combat Wombat seems to have caught it.

• 1 month later...

Malcolmitis: uncurable illness affecting certain players, most Notably TheMalcolm. Warrants your death by N1 whether you are alted or not. As of Games 82.5 through 86.5, the caculated death rate is 77.77% by N1. It is believed to be contagious and Combat Wombat seems to have caught it.

also Mina.

• 3 weeks later...

Contagious Paranoia:

A paranoid player who usually spreads the contagious disease to even the Mods. Infamous case when Deadshot, in game 90, started sending to the Mods things like Role PMs when they no longer had shots remaining, or CF-voting. At night. When they had already voted.

:P

Contagious Paranoia:

A paranoid player who usually spreads the contagious disease to even the Mods. Infamous case when Deadshot, in game 90, started sending to the Mods things like Role PMs when they no longer had shots remaining, or CF-voting. At night. When they had already voted.

:P

Although it might be contagious (I hope not :blushing: ), I feel it should be called "confused paranoia" to describe me :lol:.

• 2 months later...

Fake Symp:

SnowStorm. No really. Well there are others depending on the game, but his Agent Cat alt is king. He did clear mentat as FM based solely on evil mentat speculating about a 3-FM team when the setup had only 2.

Total Fake Edit: Pulling a Cat or The Cat Maneuver are both references to blatant fakesymping.

• 1 month later...

Fake Symp:

SnowStorm. No really. Well there are others depending on the game, but his Agent Cat alt is king. He did clear mentat as FM based solely on evil mentat speculating about a 3-FM team when the setup had only 2.

Total Fake Edit: Pulling a Cat or The Cat Maneuver are both references to blatant fakesymping.

To clarify on fake symping:

It is the art of defending (as innocent) a player without knowing whether this player is innocent or aligned with another team. In most instances, a fake symp will end up defending an evil.

• 1 month later...

The definition of fake symping I usually use is a symp or FM who intentionally acts like a symp to an innocent. The theory is that if the evil is caught, then when others are looking for connections, they will find their 'master' and will lynch that innocent instead of another evil. Yes, it's true that often innocents will defend an evil by mistake and we do call them symps in the spoilers. It's not a strategy, however, like the definition I proposed. Both are valid uses of the term, you just have to know the context.

Archived